IGNORED

Do you carry a quarterback towel on your person?

TJBam
Note: This thread is 3924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have started taking a towel when I walk to my ball or on the tee box.  Due to sweat dripping down from arms etc and affecting grip.  Also thinking about wearing a wristband on my right hand to prevent sweat rundown from affecting grip.

Do you?

I don't, but I think that's a great idea. When I caddied I would always have a towel soaking wet to clean off the golfer's ball when he got to the green and his clubs after every hit. I would like to have that, but I don't want to drench my clothes or the cart if I'm riding and my bag if I'm walking.

Originally Posted by TJBam

I have started taking a towel when I walk to my ball or on the tee box.  Due to sweat dripping down from arms etc and affecting grip.  Also thinking about wearing a wristband on my right hand to prevent sweat rundown from affecting grip.

Do you?

In So. Cal. the sweat is not as bad, and it mostly evaporates before affecting the grip.

I see that you are in Houston. When I was young, I frequently visited my aunt and grand aunt there. I understand the need for it there. In fact, I can't believe you can comfortably play golf there. )

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Absolutely.  I don't see many people with them, but I sort of have to.  I do have a bit of a problem with the sweat on the grips, but more problem with sweat in the eyes and running off the face.  The humidity in Georgia combined with the fact I have a shaved head make for a perfect little storm.

The towel is a great help.  I actually have it on one of those retractable things that formerly belonged to a little wire brush for club cleaning (think the janitor's keys).  So I just keep it on me for the whole round.  Only necessary for these hottest couple of months.

• Administrator

No. Don't even wear a glove.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I dont.  I find that if my grips get wet, I can just dry them off with a towel that I keep in my bag and its fine.  If you really have issues with moisture effecting your grip, maybe you need to consider switching to cord grips.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I wear wristbands as soon as the weather gets warm.  They help a lot.  I don't like wearing gloves.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by boogielicious

I wear wristbands as soon as the weather gets warm.  They help a lot.  I don't like wearing gloves.

I was really thinking about wristbands.  At least one on my right hand.  I never have the problem in the winter or during the day (say at home or the office) because my hands are really dry.  But once the sweat starts pouring down it always ends up at the hands and feet

Now I need to find some Titleist wristbands....

I like to start the round with 2 towels.  One has been wet to wipe the face of my clubs with to try to keep the grooves clean (also use a small pocked brush..compliments of Ping). The other towel, I really only carry it when I am headed to the green.  Once on the green, I mark my ball and wipe it with the dry towel.  If it has been raining and is muddy, then I will take the wet towel to the green because there may be mud on the ball.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

I have a dry towel on my bag to wipe clubs with and a brush hanging with it that seems to keep them clean enough functionally, though they may get sorta groady looking around the edges. I have never tried wrist bands, but I always wear a headband to keep my glasses dry. I keep another clean dry towel in a bag pocket for drying said glasses and general sweat mopping as needed.

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

I carry a clean dry towel everywhere I go on the course.  I mostly use it to lay my club on around the greens to keep the grips off the wet grass.  When needed, I use it to dry  my ands or grips.  IMO....it's a must.

It amazes me how so many golfers lay their clubs in the wet grass.......that would drive me insane!  You might as well throw your grips in a bucket of dirt-water between shots........

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

If you don't carry a towel, how do you clean your ball on the green? I carry a full size bath towel everywhere I go. Half dry, half wet. Cleans or drys as necessary. Gotta say, I don't know what a "quarterback" towel is though....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

If you don't carry a towel, how do you clean your ball on the green? I carry a full size bath towel everywhere I go. Half dry, half wet. Cleans or drys as necessary. Gotta say, I don't know what a "quarterback" towel is though....

I just use the sweat on my hands to clean my ball. Usually anything rubs right off.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by David in FL

If you don't carry a towel, how do you clean your ball on the green? I carry a full size bath towel everywhere I go. Half dry, half wet. Cleans or drys as necessary.

Gotta say, I don't know what a "quarterback" towel is though....

I don't always carry a towel with me to the green ... not for any reason, though, other than it's not a habit yet.  Silly, I know.

When I forget, I just clean the ball with my thumb and some spit if necessary.

As far as keeping grips dry when I lay them down, I usually prop them up on my putter cover, or lay them over the edge of a bunker or something.

Originally Posted by David in FL

Gotta say, I don't know what a "quarterback" towel is though....

He must tuck the QB towel in his pants

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I don't wear a glove so I'm pretty picky about my grips being in good shape. Somebody wanted me to hit their driver a few weeks ago and when I gripped it I just handed it back to them and said I couldn't hit the ball with a grip that slick.

I've never (yet) had any problem with sweating on the course. Part of that is that it's usually not very hot where I live and play the most. The other part could be that I'm used to welding in a leather jacket in much higher temps than any golf course.

I also haven't had an air conditioner at home (or at work) since I rented an apartment in 1982 that had central air. Maybe that makes a difference?

I keep lots of hand size towels in my bag. I know which one (white) is for my face and which one is for grips and clubs. I carry a small microfiber towel in my back pocket to clean mud and grass stains from my ball.

My face and hand towels usually stay on the cart unless it's cart path only. I never walk.

DLX cart bag...white/red

R1
913F 15*

913H 19*

G25s 4 iron - U wedge

CG 14 Black Pearl 56* -  60*

... KOMBI 35" 

...ProV1

Note: This thread is 3924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!