IGNORED

Hybrid and Iron Shopping

Note: This thread is 3899 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am beginning to look for a 2 hybrid and I just need a little help deciding.  I currently have an old Adams A2 3 hybrid that I've kept from an old iron set and I really want to upgrade it.  I don't like Callaway and Nike stuff but I am open to anything else.  I don't really have any preferences except that I do NOT want anything draw bias.  My miss with current hybrid is a draw/hook.

Same thing with Irons, pretty much anything but Callaway and Nike.  I currently have 3-pw Cleveland CG reds.  At the moment I am favoring Titleist's AP2s and Mizunos MP line but I am open to trying something else out.

Thank you!

Driver:     Cleveland Launcher DST 9.0 Degree, UST Proforce V2 67 X-Stiff
Wood:     Cleveland Launcher (2009) 15 Degrees, Stock shaft Stiff
Hybrid:    Adams Idea A2 20 Degree, stock shaft stiff
Irons:       Cleveland CG Red , 3-PW, DSG300 Stiff
Wedges:  Titleist Vokey SM4 54 and 60 degrees
Putter:     Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 34.5 inches
Balls:      Titleist Pro V1X, Srixon Z-Star XV

I've tried a few newer hybrids, but my favorite is still my Cleveland Halo 2i hybrid...I'll have that club till the day I die probably.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cleveland-Halo-19-2i-Hybrid-Wood-Regular-Flex-/380681263487?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash;=item58a25f197f

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love my Adams Idea Pro 2 hybrid, i can hit it anywere. I almost wish they made 3-wood strong hybrids, i would turn in my 3-wood for that.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

If I didn't have a clubmaker around, and needed to customize a hybrid, I'd opt for the Titleist 913H. It's a nice club. Titliest has a good selection of stock shafts, its weight adjustable, along with loft, and lie. Demo.

If you like to stay in one line, lotza people like the AP2s. Demo. If you fall in love, they ought to have a nice selection of shafts from which to choose.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

If I didn't have a clubmaker around, and needed to customize a hybrid, I'd opt for the Titleist 913H. It's a nice club. Titliest has a good selection of stock shafts, its weight adjustable, along with loft, and lie. Demo.

If you like to stay in one line, lotza people like the AP2s. Demo. If you fall in love, they ought to have a nice selection of shafts from which to choose.

To the OP, Mr. Desmond's advice is solid. I've highlighted the two most important points for your reference.

Tyler Martin

Gotta hit the store and try them out man. I went in and hit 4 or 5 different hybrids and singled it down to the TaylorMade Rescue 11 vs Titleist 913H. The titleist was fantastic but I didn't want to pay the hefty price tag. The taylormade was also great and I hit it well so I took that. After 5 months of hitting it I'm happy I bought it.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I know you don't love Callaway, but you might try their earlier Edge Tour 2H. You should be able to it in stiff flex here or there.

I tried the model's 3H (in an R-flex shaft) a couple of year's ago, and it was one of the first hybrids (along with some Adams models) that I was able to hit decently. And I only have average clubhead speed.

Just a thought.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

So far I've only had a few minutes to try something out but I hit the Titleist 913H, 910H and loved them both but I'm still going to try some others out.

As for irons, I haven't had a chance to demo anything yet but hopefully I will get to soon.   Thanks for all of the replies!

• 3 weeks later...
I hit everything from Adams and cobra and also loved the taylormade rescue 11 I bout a 3 and 4 the only problem I have is that they are a little harder to draw then others but I hit those things from anywhere. Also bought a 5 that just sits in my garage. I got a good deal on the 3 but love them

I swear by Adams hybrids.  The A12 OS hybrids that I have are excellent.  The ball bounces off the face of the club with minimal swing effort.  Check out any Adams hybrid they offer a large selection to choose from.

I recently purchased new irons. There are a lot to choose from and some really great feeling clubs. As mentioned, be sure to hit as many as you can before making that final decision. As for me, I put my vote in for the Mizuno's - MP64. I've played Titleist for the last 8 or so years and wanted a new look. I hear the AP2's are really good, but nobody forge's a club to feel and sound as good as Mizuno. I don't swing 3i and added Mizuno's H4 4i to my set. It's a great compliment and makes swinging a long iron very easy. Good luck and have fun shopping around.

Driver :tmade: R1

Fairwaywood :tmade: Rocketballz Stage 2 15*

Hybrids :ping: i15 20* and 23* Hybrids

Irons :mizuno: MP64 4 - PW

Wedges :edel: 54* and 58* 

Putter :edel: 

Golf Ball :titleist: Pro V1 

Thanks for all of the replies!  I am still shopping around.  I have recently found a used set of Adams CB1's and hit them and they felt wonderful!  I have also hit the AP2's, MP63, MP53, Cleveland 588 CB, and Cleveland CG16 tours.  As of right now price may the determining factor as I have liked everything that I have hit so far.  Any recommendations or thoughts on the ones I have hit thus far?

Also, I am pretty set on getting either the Titleist 910H or 913H.  I've hit some other hybrids and just performed the best for me.  And I love that I can adjust it.

Note: This thread is 3899 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!