IGNORED

3/4 swing

Note: This thread is 3926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am really starting to play a 3/4 swing iron shot more and more.  Knocks some distance off it but is much more accurate.  Coming into a green it is becoming my go to shot.  Club up, restrict the backswing and nice smooth downswing.  I like having in my head that I have too much club.  It makes my tempo smooth.

Does anyone else play this type of shot?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've tried doing this but it tends to mess up my timing even more than it is normally messed up. I try to be so easy that I don't close the face then I'll end up snapping too much to compensate for the last swing. Partial swings are something I'm going to start working on because it will help a lot with in between distances and under 100 yd shots.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I rarely ever kill a wedge or iron for that matter.  I tend to play more towards a 90% swing, but in regards to the question along with my "90% swing" I do play wedges at 3/4 length but my tempo isn't really laid off because when I do that I pull way left.  I remind myself to accelerate and recently I've been happy with my wedge play which has led me to my best golf to-date.

I use it all the time. I pretty much never take a "full" swing these days. It just seems the accuracy is so much better.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Unless I really need to hoist one high with an iron or really spin a wedge, I hit knock down shots most of the time. Much easier for me to control distance that way.

Tyler Martin

I do this especially with my wedges. If I try to kill it with a wedge, bad things usually happen.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

• Administrator

It's probably not really even a 3/4 swing. It's probably more like a regular swing, or as long as your swing should be.

I say that as a good thing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I wouldn't call what I do a "3/4" swing. It's really just clubbing up, but not trying to kill the ball. Just a nice smooth full swing, and my accuracy has greatly improved. I lost 20 yards off my driver, but my FIR has gone way up.

R7

Edge 3-SW with Apex4 Steel shafts

Burner 2.0 AW

Putter

Street Shoes

Glove

Note: This thread is 3926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!