IGNORED

ugh... flat billed caps...

Note: This thread is 3893 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. So, flat billed caps...

• Yay
    • Nay

watching Mahan tee off, i'm reminded of how stupid these pros look wearing those damn flat billed caps...

why am i so annoyed by something so seemingly trivial??  when did this trend start??  better question... when will it end...??

-- In the Bag --

Cobra S3 White Driver (10.5*)

Cobra AMP Cell-S 3-Hybrid (18*)

Cobra AMP Cell-S Irons (4i-GW)

SCOR 4161 Forged Wedge (55*)

Cleveland VP1 Putter

I'm not a fan....and since I don't like people who make very short forum posts I'll ramble on for a bit to make it look like I have more to say on this issue but really what else is there to say. Either you like them or you don't so.....yea, you just wasted 20 seconds reading this!!!

Would have liked a third option, "don't care", but given that wasn't an option I went "yay".  I don't really care what someone wears as long as it conforms to the rules of the club.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Somehow, Hunter manages to accentuate the ughness factor by quite a bit. Must be the shape of his head, he looks like a bucket.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Not a fan of the flat bill.  To me, unless you are a skater punk or do freestyle motocross; you shouldnt be trying to rock the flat bill.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

No the flat brim hats is a So Cal thing. Ricky Fowler is responsible for the "Cali" look.

Jesse James was one of the first to have those flat brim hats.

Oh and I can't stand them, they look stupid as hell. Even Jesse James, who thinks he's the coolest dude ever. Which we all know, anyone who cheats on Sandra Bullock must be a dumbass.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Trevino and Nicklaus' hats were pretty flat billed too, yes? Just throwing that out there.

• Administrator

It's invading everywhere:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

^^^ What he said. Doesn't matter to me what people want to wear golfing as long as its appropriate attire for a club. I think the worst dressed golfer I've ever seen is a guy wearing a wifebeater and cargo shorts that were 4 sizes too big.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I don't like the look of them, period.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Was a time you had to bend it to your preferred shape with your own hands. My grandfather was a trucker, all his caps were flat. Wore one right up to the day he died at 91. I remember my dad helping me bend the brims on my little league hats back in the 70's. Definitely not a new thing, more of a retro look than anything. No doubt a doofus like Beiber doesn't understand this but it is what it is. I like it a little in between, typically straighten it out a bit or I feel like I am wearing blinders.

• Upvote 1

Dave :-)

Who cares? Not a big deal to me either way...........I own a flat brim cap but I ended up bending the bril to fit my dome. Like the poster above stated, took me back to little league days. But to each his own, it's your money if you wanna rock the flat brim, be my guest.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Note: This thread is 3893 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!