IGNORED

Who here has broken 70 on a par 70 or higher golf course?

tmac20
Note: This thread is 3922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My best round was 73 at my home course (par 71). I've shot -1 on the front 9 and -1 on the back nine so far this year, but never together in the same round. I feel like I'm pretty close. Has anyone here shot in the 60's on a par 70 or higher golf course?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nope. Never broken par period. 33 on 9 a couple of times, but never got it done.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator

We don't have a "raising my hand" smiley so there you go.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

:dance: We don't have a "raising my hand" smiley so there you go.

But you're actually good at this game, whereas most of the rest of us suuuuuck! :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I've done it numerous times when i played a little better.  Lowest round this year is -1.  My lowest round is 67 on a par 72 and I didn't have one birdie on the front nine.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Plenty of times but NEVER on a course with a course rating of 72 or higher.

It seems there is usually a pretty big roadblock sign at the course rating (when I'm playing my best) that says "You ain't going lower than this."

Only 2 times on a course where par is over 70.  First time, I was in my 30s.  Last time, I was in my late 50s.  I'm almost 67 now.  I would love to do it one more time on a course with par over 70 and now the other criteria is where the length is over 6200 yards.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

I was close yesterday.  It was a Par 72 though.  I played the front 5 under.  Then setting on 14 T box my playing partner decided to make sure that I was aware of my score still 5 under.  Been playing and just thinking of my next shot, well I decided to bogey 4 of last 5 holes and shot 71.  I have shot a few 69s on a par 71.

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

I played a round back in late May where I birdied the first hole with a long putt and that sent me on a tear; I was -3 after 5 holes. I finished the front 9 at an even par. I had never even broke 90 prior to this, and at the turn I was thinking, to heck with breaking 90, I want to break 80! Hole 10 is a short par 3. I put it just off the green, messed up my pitch and 3 putted for a 5. I finished the back nine +10 and ended the day with an 83.

Since then I consistently hit upper 80s to low 90s but I haven't as of yet been able to string together another really solid round. My handicap dropped to 12.5 after that round, and is now creeping up!

EDIT: Now as I re-read the subject it states "break 70" not break 80. Ho-hum.

I shot 71 on a par 71 (69.2/125) on my 60th birthday last year.  I hit even par about once every 3-4 years on a moderately difficult course and have a single under par round but nothing in the 60's.

Brian Kuehn

First time I shot under 70 on a par 70 was about 3 months ago. Found myself 4 over through 4 and 4 over through 8. Managed to birdie 9 for a 3 over front nine of 39. Proceeded to birdie the 10th, 13th, 15th and 17th to find myself -1 going into 18. Had been -1 going into the last twice before and this time I said let's get this monkey off my back. Proceeded to hook my drive into some trees and had a shot at the green about 160m out. Put the next on the green and lipped out for a 29 back nine, tapped in for par and shot 30 on the back for a 69 (-1). Since then have done it numerous times, with the lowest being a 66 - slope is 70.8/124

shot 69 a few times and 68 once on my home course (par 71), if I made my game a bigger priority I could go lower I think.

Note: This thread is 3922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!