IGNORED

Which club do you chip with?

Note: This thread is 3922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I normally hit a 56* wedge from anywhere around the greens

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Originally Posted by FloppedBalls

There seems to be quite a discrepancy between players.

For all of you that use 54º or higher. Are you trying to chip it or pitch it?

I'll hit chip shots with my 50*, and sometimes with my 56* if it's downhill. I would imagine most people are talking about pitch shots with anything over 54*.

Tyler Martin

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by FloppedBalls

There seems to be quite a discrepancy between players.

For all of you that use 54º or higher. Are you trying to chip it or pitch it?

Both. 60 º almost every time. Different technique for both.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Too many factors to limit to just one or two clubs to chip.  So its anything from my 58 to a 9 iron.  But I do try to keep my chipping stroke as simple and consistent as possible (one short and one medium backswing) and just rely on the club to determine carry and roll. But how the lie is, breaks or slopes on green,..etc, using one club would mean too many variances on my chipping stroke.

For pitching though, 95% of the time its with my 58 and I would vary the openness of the face to change how I like it to land.  But I still keep my pitching backswing and tempo more or less the same.

Acer XF Ti 10.5 / GDI G60
Mizuno JPX 825 Hybrids 16* and 19* / Steel Fiber HLS75
Mizuno MP H4 (4-PW) / Steel Fiber i95 cw
Titleist Vokey 50,54,58
Odyssey ProType Tour #7

I have an old Wilson JP pitching wedge that is my default club inside 70 yards. I will use something else but only rarely. I am starting to practice a putting chip from the rough collar around the green with a 23* hybrid.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

usually with my PW. Lately I've also been using my 8 iron at times to get it on the green and rolling, but need more practice with that club.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

The flatter the run in the lower the loft, From around the green with clear run to the pin a 7i, hit 1/3 of the way, it rolls the other 2/3! If its a bumpy run in I'll hit a pw 2/3 of the way and it will roll the other 1/3! Over bunkers and nasty run ins its the the lob flop! And I pull all theses shots of 99% of the time! ... As long as no ones watching!

Gaz Lee

I use the right club for the given shot.  I dont have a, "default" chipping club.  Im a believer in the, "one swing with various clubs" instead of the, "one club with various swings" method.  IMO, trying to be that fine for the average person is just asking for trouble.  Most of us dont have the skill to be consistent that way.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I use the right club for the given shot.  I dont have a, "default" chipping club.  Im a believer in the, "one swing with various clubs" instead of the, "one club with various swings" method.  IMO, trying to be that fine for the average person is just asking for trouble.  Most of us dont have the skill to be consistent that way.

So your swing with your driver mimics the swing with your wedges. Beautiful.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by saturday

So your swing with your driver mimics the swing with your wedges. Beautiful.

oh yeah, and the putter too

Bill - 

oh yeah, and the putter too :doh:

Wow, how far do you carry the ball with a putter? :-)).

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

54-14 for most chips.  I will pitch with my 58-12 usually but will use the 54 or even a 50 for longer pitch shots.  I mean pitch in the "use-the-bounce" definition.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

i chip primarily with 56* SW.  I tried chipping with my GW and PW and just not used to it yet.

Driver: Cobra ZL Encore 10.5*

Irons: Mizuno MX-200 4-GW

Note: This thread is 3922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!