IGNORED

Lower Launch Hybrid or Driving Iron

Note: This thread is 3899 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here's my problem, spend a lot of time playing in the wind and current hybrid (Ping Anser) launches way too high.  Great downwind, but gets killed into the wind.   Have learned to knock it down, but would prefer something a bit more user friendly.  I've given some thought to switching out the shaft (currently have Tour Stiff that comes stock), but want to see if I can simply find a hybrid (or even a driving iron) that has a higher COG.

9.0 index, so I have some game, and wouldn't shy away from more of a "player's hybrid."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Why not the driver?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Off the tee, I'll go with the driver into the wind no problem.  Off the deck, on the other hand, not my favorite shot.   Looking for something to play from the fairway/rough.

Originally Posted by PJGNYC

Off the tee, I'll go with the driver into the wind no problem.  Off the deck, on the other hand, not my favorite shot.   Looking for something to play from the fairway/rough.

Got it.  Not sure while I assumed a tee shot.....

Everyone will point you towards their particular favorite, and I'm no different.  I'm carrying Titleist 910h's and really like them.  Easy to work and a nice boring trajectory that I can flight much easier than I could my old Nickent 3dx's.  I'm sure the newer 913's are similar, or save yourself a couple of $'s on the prior generation 910's....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

As you can see my handicap is twice yours, but I just got a TM #2 hybrid and put in a UST Mamiya PROFORCE AXIVcore reg flex shaft. It's long and low. Just my 2 cents worth.

An adjustable hybrid would be my choice, can be tweaked on different days when conditions change. I chose the Cobra Cell because they were the most iron like of all the 2013 hybrids I tried.

Dave :-)

You might look at the Adams V4 hybrids. They come with Bassara 60 x 5ct. shaft which is low to mid-launch; the stiff version would be 64 grams, which might be a little light for a 9 HDCP.

I play the R-flex 4H, and among other things use it on tee shots for two short par 4s and a longer par 3 which often play into the wind. I may get the 3H also, and sub out my 7W on windy days.

The V4 family is going out of production so act quickly if you're interested.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

make sure you get the right golf shaft. I have an Adams hybrid with a x-stiff high kick shaft in it, and it launches medium and bores through the wind. Great club.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I found the Anser hybrids already on the lower launching side compared to other hybrids.  The 913HD or 713U are the only two I can think of that launches on the lower side than the Anser.  Its tough when facing the wind regardless of clubs though.

What degrees is your current Anser and what distance is that club for you?

Acer XF Ti 10.5 / GDI G60
Mizuno JPX 825 Hybrids 16* and 19* / Steel Fiber HLS75
Mizuno MP H4 (4-PW) / Steel Fiber i95 cw
Titleist Vokey 50,54,58
Odyssey ProType Tour #7

Note: This thread is 3899 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!