IGNORED

anyone in computers or IT career?

golf55
Note: This thread is 3873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

By thank you, I'm assuming you're thanking me and my people for inventing and improving upon the equipment that your job would be useless without.

Haha, what field are you in? I'm assuming that 99% of the "inventions" you are referring to were made possible by technology (IT advancements) itself. Perhaps some CNC, pneumatics, hydraulics, etc. that are all reliant upon some sort of syntax/computer technology? Otherwise, you're an amish engineer by today's standards.

Originally Posted by Spyder

Haha, what field are you in? I'm assuming that 99% of the "inventions" you are referring to were made possible by technology (IT advancements) itself. Perhaps some CNC, pneumatics, hydraulics, etc. that are all reliant upon some sort of syntax/computer technology? Otherwise, you're an amish engineer by today's standards.

Electrical Engineering. Specifically, RF Systems Engineering. Also known as the only way you get wireless...anything. Throw fiber and ethernet on there too...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Electrical Engineering. Specifically, RF Systems Engineering. Also known as the only way you get wireless...anything. Throw fiber and ethernet on there too...

lol There's no software involved...? You're high.

That's why I chose golf. I know I'm talented but I'm having some serious doubt.  When your hitting balls couple hrs a day for couple yrs it's no longer enjoyable. it sucks when your not where you want to be. only military I would join is air force and I already looked into it a year ago. I can't join and to be honest I don't wanna join. I know couple network admin who tells me they don't usually do anything unless the network goes down or they have project to do. Project which they are given 6-8weeks that doesn't take that much time. Just wanted to make sure if that was true or not cause it was few ppl in that field that told me that. Why the hell is everyone giving me life lesson? I asked about IT/computers not a life lesson.  I'm obviously looking for a career and not some job. I really doubt that every single person is working hard 8hrs a day in a office. I'm just looking for something easy. I couldn't care less if you judge me for that. If you want to work hard 8+hrs a day and become a productive member of society. GOOD FOR YOU! I rather have it easy and enjoy my freaking life. @david in FL insulting my grammer when I said I dropped out of school. You feel better about yourself? You have so much better life than me! Bullying ppl online! yeah what a great life you have!

Well if you're not too proud, doesn't seem like you are, you can work @ McD's like my son does on college summer vacation. He's a business major while playing college golf. But it's probably not right for you cause you have to be personable.

Originally Posted by Spyder

lol There's no software involved...? You're high.

Yep. Where'd the software come from? Software Engineers. AKA Computer Engineers, AKA branch of Electrical Engineers. ;)

I can do this all day. lol

If u can't tell I've been messing with you the whole time...YOU'RE high. lol
Ryan M

Yep. Where'd the software come from? Software Engineers. AKA Computer Engineers, AKA branch of Electrical Engineers. ;)

I can do this all day. lol

Co-dependency! I can settle on that.

I see what you did there.

Tyler Martin

Originally Posted by golf55

@david in FL insulting my grammer when I said I dropped out of school. You feel better about yourself? You have so much better life than me! Bullying ppl online! yeah what a great life you have!

Hey Golf55, Dave in FL is not normally the type of person who goes around insulting people (other than Mr. Desmond, sometimes). Don't judge him too harshly.

BTW, start using some other OS like Linux and MacOS (you can start with a used system pretty inexpensively) just to get your feet wet.

Are you going to start classes at a 4 year university or a specialty IT school?

In any case, wish you the best in your career path.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Originally Posted by Lihu

Hey Golf55, Dave in FL is not normally the type of person who goes around insulting people (other than Mr. Desmond, sometimes).

Election season is long past.  Des and I are good for another 4 years!

Well, at least until the mid-terms......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Sounds like you're about as educated as a high school McDonald's worker.  You're seriously looking for an easy field? Grow a pair. Man up. Go to school. Do something productive.  You sound like a failed trust fund kid.

• Upvote 1
Ryan M

True dat!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Posting in a thread about computers/IT that you know nothing about. Are you stupid? why are you posting in my thread?

Wouldn't talk this way to a marine vet sir, you 100% wouldn't do it in real life and no need to do it here.

This thread has got to be hall of fame material.

Originally Posted by TJBam

Quote:

Posting in a thread about computers/IT that you know nothing about. Are you stupid? why are you posting in my thread?

Wouldn't talk this way to a marine vet sir, you 100% wouldn't do it in real life and no need to do it here.

This thread has got to be hall of fame material.

Actually, I've been a little disappointed. So much potential, but it just hasn't lived up....yet.

Tyler Martin

I go to an immigration college in sydney, australia studying IT. I call it an immigration college because that's where all us immigrants from other countries go to buy time with student visas.

It's a two year course and i have roughly a semester and a half left of year one and i will earn a certification VI in IT - I can honestly say I havent learned a thing. My teacher is from Napal and I cant understand him, he rarely lectures about anything and all we do is check our moodle profiles for assignments. The plus is this, its two days a week in class and 5 hours online. The online portion is just an assignment and if it takes you 5 minutes - youre done.

Um, all i did this week was install ubuntu, a gui and add a web app to it.

I doubt I go back and earn my diploma of IT next year. the plan is to get a permanent visa through a partner visa. My partner and the mother of my child is Australian, my son is a dual citizen - an aussie since he was born here and his mother is aussie and american, since im american.

I would say to you that all jobs require work.

Originally Posted by APrince

I go to an immigration college in sydney, australia studying IT. I call it an immigration college because that's where all us immigrants from other countries go to buy time with student visas.

It's a two year course and i have roughly a semester and a half left of year one and i will earn a certification VI in IT - I can honestly say I havent learned a thing. My teacher is from Napal and I cant understand him, he rarely lectures about anything and all we do is check our moodle profiles for assignments. The plus is this, its two days a week in class and 5 hours online. The online portion is just an assignment and if it takes you 5 minutes - youre done.

Um, all i did this week was install ubuntu, a gui and add a web app to it.

I doubt I go back and earn my diploma of IT next year. the plan is to get a permanent visa through a partner visa. My partner and the mother of my child is Australian, my son is a dual citizen - an aussie since he was born here and his mother is aussie and american, since im american.

I would say to you that all jobs require work.

and to be fair about the program im in, we do work - i just dont retain any of it. we dont have exams, so i dont study what ive learned. their vocational programs here are set up differently. you just have to be proficient on the current topic and pass your assessments. there is a lot of papers on theory you have to write too. so before installing the ubuntu server we had to write theory papers. anyway

Originally Posted by Wally

I'll bite, just in case he's serious.

Getting a degree in MIS (Management Information Systems) can make you a lot of money. It is a much needed career field. My MIS professor told us a story about a girl in one of his classes whose mother went to school for 2 years at a community college or trade school. I can't remember which but it's not important. Anyway, she got an MIS degree in 2 years and now has a job where she works like 30 hours per week and makes $120,000 per year.

Why do people believe these stories?  I have been in the IT industry for over 15 years, and can say, matter of factly, that no company is going to give somebody with a degree in 2 year degree  120k a year.  Maybe if that 2 year degree was a master's, and the person already had 10+ years of experience in the IT field.  Or the person has naked pictures of a ranking official in the company.

IT people can do very well for themselves, but VERY VERY few people leave school and walk into 6 figure jobs.  Plenty of IT people make well over 100k a year, but they do it after years of experience.

In the IT world, there are 10 kind of people...

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Why do people believe these stories?  I have been in the IT industry for over 15 years, and can say, matter of factly, that no company is going to give somebody with a degree in 2 year degree  120k a year.  Maybe if that 2 year degree was a master's, and the person already had 10+ years of experience in the IT field.  Or the person has naked pictures of a ranking official in the company.  IT people can do very well for themselves, but VERY VERY few people leave school and walk into 6 figure jobs.  Plenty of IT people make well over 100k a year, but they do it after years of experience.  In the IT world, there are 10 kind of people...

The two people I know in IT happen to have advanced engineering degrees. They make this salary or higher. However, they are director level managers.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 3873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!