IGNORED

Did anyone buy their putter because it looks cool?

Note: This thread is 3917 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I mean, putters have a flat face, so in theory there shouldn't be too much of a difference other than weight? Yet there are thousands of putters probably, at different prices (from $10 to hundreds) and they have different designs at the back.

So I was thinking, this could be the worst putter in the world, but I want it because of how it looks lol

I bought a YES! Valerie putter because I liked out how it felt and didn't realize until after I bought it that it has the ugliest most disgraceful looking grip on it!!! I can't post pictures from my work computer but imagine a blue and yellow tie dye looking grip. It's that bad!

And because someone will ask, I purchased the putter online after seeing it in a store. So it came with a different grip then I expected. Still love the putter though.

I did.

It looks kind of beat up and the grip needs to be cleaned, and I am finally able to keep it under 4 putts per hole most of the time.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Looks matter to me, but I didn't buy it solely because of looks.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I use a beat up old hand me down putter right now. I don't care about looks so much as function. I do want to get a putter where the shaft comes down to the center of the face much like the one posted by the OP, though it's not about looks so much as I do better with that set up. I've looked a lot of putters recently and tested everything from a $10 to $150 putter and didn't find any pattern of price = better for me.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Originally Posted by Motown88

I bought a YES! Valerie putter because I liked out how it felt and didn't realize until after I bought it that it has the ugliest most disgraceful looking grip on it!!! I can't post pictures from my work computer but imagine a blue and yellow tie dye looking grip. It's that bad!

And because someone will ask, I purchased the putter online after seeing it in a store. So it came with a different grip then I expected. Still love the putter though.

I bought a Rife Antigua once on clearance.  Had the wimpiest looking grip and I had it changed before I ever played with it.  Just too ugly.  Used it for 4 years and recently bought a Scotty Select 2 Notchback.  Cool looking black head and feels smooth.  Probably no better putting with it but DW got diamond earrings for our 40th so I got a new driver and putter.

Loyalty above all else, except honor.

Yes I purchased mine because of the looks AND the feel. If I can't look down at a putt and doesn't look right, I won't use it.

Thats why I got the Scotty, because I am very confident with it.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

I wish I could! I have a YES! putter but it looks kinda boring, The only reason I got it is because it is the only Putter that I have found with enough weight in the head for a smooth comfortable stroke for me. Well the only putter under $300 I should say. lol

I go with the best-looking club that works.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I played a Metal X Dart for some time, to me it was the ugliest putter. I went back to the store a dozen times before I got that hoping that I would find one I liked better but it worked great.

Got a wild hair and got a SC golo5, very pleasing to the eye but now I seem to have a few issues with how it performs?

Go figure.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Originally Posted by hacker101

I played a Metal X Dart for some time, to me it was the ugliest putter. I went back to the store a dozen times before I got that hoping that I would find one I liked better but it worked great.

Got a wild hair and got a SC golo5, very pleasing to the eye but now I seem to have a few issues with how it performs?

Go figure.

I like the look of that X Dart

Note: This thread is 3917 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!