• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
edindallas

driver suggestions - heavy, affordable

9 posts in this topic

Hi, new golfer here. Have been practicing several times a week for 8 weeks. bought a taylormade superfast burner 2.0 because it was the cheapest decent club I found ($100 new). My teacher told me it was too light for me, and that I should go with something 75 grams for someone that is strong with a fast swing speed (I dont know what mine is). I'd appreciatr any suggestions for a decent driver at a decent price that would be a good fit for me. Will also be checking out used clubs in the meantime. Thanks.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Ps - the 75 grams refers to the shaft I believe. I am a tall guy with long arms, so I think that is part of the reason the driver I have might be too light.

Instead of a whole new driver, you could always have yours reshafted. Or the likely better option is to get fitted after you've worked on your swing a bit more.

Awards and Achievements

Thats a good suggestion that my teacher mentioned (new shaft). Because its so light though, my wife lioes it and I will probably shorten it for her. Your second suggestion is good too. My teacher just said I shouldnt even practice with it because it will feel so much different than the "right" club, so looking to pick up a cheap and decent one this week.

Your second suggestion is good too. My teacher just said I shouldnt even practice with it because it will feel so much different than the "right" club, so looking to pick up a cheap and decent one this week.

Unless it's the wrong flex, that driver should be fine to learn with.

Awards and Achievements

ITs stiff, so should be the right flex.

IMO, you should be fine. Practice until your swing has improved some, then get a fitting. I think you'll get much more for your money this way.

Awards and Achievements

Good idea. If I can find a used one for 50, great. if not, will use the one I have. Thanks

I picked up a titleist 983k. Its heavy and awesome. Best part is that it was $45. Keeping the superfast too. Really liking the old 983k though.