IGNORED

snedeker's ball moved on hole 12

toroboy
Note: This thread is 3921 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This thread got interesting because of the backlash from people who just didn't see it, and deny it without watching it again. They showed the moment in question again in the highlights on the network. The ball was nestled on some grass, and it jostled when the log was jostled. Did it rotate at all? Dude, it was so miniscule. But it was enough that when I watched it live, I blurted, 'The ball moved.' It then became entertaining to me that someone else who also noticed it is called a 'troll.' Name calling cuz the other guy doesn't post evidence? Obviously more than one person shared his view, if you read all the posts. I could post a vid as soon as I can get around to record it on replay. I think toroboy seems overly eager because of the resistance he's met on this forum. He sees obvious violations in a huge tournament. I'm sure this is why we have people who call in violations during a tournament, to the annoyance of many fans these days it seems. Me, I could care less, but I WAS interested in the posts about which rules would apply to a situation like this.

Titleist 910D2 8.5° Diamana 'ahina 80 S
Titleist 909F3 3W 13° Diamana D83 S, Titleist 910f 5W 19° Fubuki Ax 80X
Taylormade RAC MB TP 3-PW Irons DG S300, Callaway Jaws 54° and 60°
Titleist Futura putter, Taylormade TP5 balls

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Robato

This thread got interesting because of the backlash from people who just didn't see it, and deny it without watching it again. They showed the moment in question again in the highlights on the network. The ball was nestled on some grass, and it jostled when the log was jostled. Did it rotate at all? Dude, it was so miniscule. But it was enough that when I watched it live, I blurted, 'The ball moved.' It then became entertaining to me that someone else who also noticed it is called a 'troll.' Name calling cuz the other guy doesn't post evidence? Obviously more than one person shared his view, if you read all the posts. I could post a vid as soon as I can get around to record it on replay. I think toroboy seems overly eager because of the resistance he's met on this forum. He sees obvious violations in a huge tournament. I'm sure this is why we have people who call in violations during a tournament, to the annoyance of many fans these days it seems. Me, I could care less, but I WAS interested in the posts about which rules would apply to a situation like this.

I don't care how honorable you may think your intentions may be. When you come onto a forum and call people "thought Nazi's" when they disagree, you can't expect to be treated very well. Funny that when I google "Snedeker ball moved", the only hit on it is this thread. Obviously this is a non-issue.

Tyler Martin

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My intentions? You got the wrong guy, geauxforbroke. I didn't call anyone anything.

My intentions? You got the wrong guy, geauxforbroke. I didn't call anyone anything.

Read "you" as "one". Wasn't direct towards you at all.

Tyler Martin

Wasn't directed towards me but you quoted my whole post...

We could both agree in more clear English that, 'We don't care how honorable we may think HIS intentions may be,' it's not right to call someone that.

But who started the name-calling? Not Toroboy.

Wasn't directed towards me but you quoted my whole post...

We could both agree in more clear English that, 'We don't care how honorable we may think HIS intentions may be,' it's not right to call someone that.

But who started the name-calling? Not Toroboy.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings with my poor syntax.

And yes toroboy started the name calling. The post by Asheville pointing out that he's a troll wasn't name calling. It was merely pointing out that he is a troll. He created a profile to stir up a non-issue. That's the definition of a troll.

Tyler Martin

I'm an English teacher, so it hurts me more that you're the norm.

Non-issue. Ok. So I guess I'm a troll too. I could give a ats rass.

Non-issue. Ok. So I guess I'm a troll too.

You didn't start a profile for the sole purpose of stirring something up. You're not a troll at all.

Tyler Martin

The point is that there is no evidence, zero, none, showing WHO MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE CAUSE OF ANY MOVEMENT, nor if anyone on the spot could have been aware of any such movement.  If there was no way for the people on the spot (including a rules official) to be aware of it, and there is no way to determine who may have caused it, then there can be no foul - it didn't happen as far as the rules are concerned.  Ipso-facto, case closed.  Toroboy just wouldn't let go, which made him sound more and more like a troll, he got called on that, was challenged and failed to provide any sort of evidence to support his allegation, still wouldn't quit, then he got nasty and that's a ticket to the penalty box.

And now he has hijacked another thread to continue his rant, so he isn't long for this forum at all.  When he can't carry on a civil discussion, then he forfeits any right to be treated with respect.

(I hope my English is adequate )

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Thank you Fourputt for bringing the focus back.

Ok guys. I saw the replay. Now I don't believe the ball moved. What I saw happen was the camera zoomed in on a white ball. The grass and log shook, and then part of the logo of the ball appeared, so it looks like it wasn't visible before, and rotated into view. What I can see happen now was that the logo was out of focus and partially blocked by a blade of grass. The log and grass shook, and the logo instantly came into focus.

That's it. Case closed for me. I'm out.

Originally Posted by iacas

And… restricted from the thread. His own thread, to boot.

Keep up the good work, Erik!

"Age improves with wine."

Wishon 919THI 11*
Wishon 925HL 4w
Wishon 335HL 3h & 4h
Wishon 755pc 5i, 6i, 7i, 8i & 9i
Tad Moore 485 PW
Callaway X 54*
Ping G2 Anser C
Callaway SuperSoft
Titleist StaDry
Kangaroo Hillcrest AB

Originally Posted by David in FL

I saw it. Other players and caddies were searching for another ball 20 feet or so away. Looked to me like someone over there stepped on a long branch/log that shook. Not sure if the ball actually moved or not, but without the camera on it, no one could have possibly known that someone walking 20 feet away may have caused the ball to move.....and there was no way to tell who may have stepped on the long branch in question because no one was anywhere near the ball at the time....they were all looking for the other ball.

I saw it as well, but I don't think the ball was moved. It was jostled, but it remained in the exact same position. It was totally inadvertent as well. The person who stepped on the log was looking for the other ball (in fact, I believe it was Snedeker himself).

Bill M

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Snedeker has called penalties on himself in the past that cost him.  If he caused the ball to move I think he'd own up to it.  Not sure what the ruling is if another golfer causes it to move but that is likely what happened.

Agreed....

Note: This thread is 3921 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!