IGNORED

What sports teams do you absolutely hate?

Chad Collins
Note:Β This thread is 3751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Originally Posted by zipazoid

I noticed nobody 'hates' my Cleveland Browns. This makes sense, since they suck - only the good teams are hated.

You'll hate us after this season.

I sure hope so...pumped for Thursday night!!! WHOO!!!

Ryan M
Β 
The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)
Β 
IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Having grown up inΒ da bronx loving the gameΒ during the days of mantle, maris, berra, ford my top 5 most hated teams are:

1-Yankees

2-Yankees

3-Yankees

4-Yankees

5-Yankees

6-New England Patriots

aΒ close 7th after these pastΒ 3 years or so and after the Brett Favre year (some time ago now), their most recent clown yearsΒ with theΒ Sanchez and Ryan show followed by Tebow last year (has much more to do with the Jets than Tebow I actually wish they had left the man alone since they did not have their act together at all) and the infamous butt fumble the....................................

7-New York Jets

Originally Posted by zipazoid

I noticed nobody 'hates' my Cleveland Browns. This makes sense, since they suck - only the good teams are hated.

You'll hate us after this season.

That would be like hating a blind puppy......

....nobody could be that heartless and cruel!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• 3 weeks later...
In order I cannot stand any of these teams 1. The St Louis Cardinals (I am a Cubs fan) 1. The Green Bay Packers 3. The Chicago White Sox 4. Any team from New York,LA, and the Bay Area 5. The Miami Heat 6. Notre Dame 7. The New Orleans Saints 8. All NFC NORTH TEAMS EXCEPT CHICAGO 9. Duke 10. Any team that has anything to do with the state of Ohio

• 1 month later...
3. The Chicago White Sox

4. Any team from New York,LA, and the Bay Area

5. The Miami Heat

6. Notre Dame

7. The New Orleans Saints

8. All NFC NORTH TEAMS EXCEPT CHICAGO

9. Duke

10. Any team that has anything to do with the state of Ohio

NFL: Da Bears - they have fans like Bearsfan above. They're about the only fans dumb and mean enough to bitch about everything to do with the sport, including their QB's bad play when it was obvious to everyone the guy was injured. If I'm driving on an interstate in Wisconsin and I've got a jack*ss riding 3' behind my bumper, odds are at least 3:1 that he's got Illinois plates (literally, no exaggeration - Chicago drivers are genuinely that awful). I used to hate the Cowfelons, but they're kind of insignificant right now. MLB: Yankees - a bunch of overpaid, prettyboy whiners NCAAF: 1) Michigan - they get too many undeserved, lucky wins against the Badgers. 2) SEC - Gotta love all that wonderful "tradition" (i.e. all decent players in the conference are not just scholarship players but are salaried) NCAAB: 1) Duke - the last half dozen Duke fans I've met have been obnoxious 2) Purdue - Badgers cannot seem to beat them in West Lafayette. Soccer: ALL. It's a dumb, boring game, period. Too many players doing nothing more than scurrying around meaninglessly on a too-big field with nothing ever happening. It's about the only sport where the fans will say a 0-0 tie is "BRILLIANT!!!" - it's not, it means that nothing whatsoever happened, as opposed to the other matches where nothing at all of consequence happens more than 99% of the match. Try to comment negatively about soccer and the standard retort is "You're just ignorant about the sport!" this coming from a group who (outside of the U.S. at least) who make Bears fans look like intelligent, well-spoken, polite people. When said players actually get a 10 second portion of the entire game when they are not just scurrying (sorry, but grown men should not engage in scurrying) and are near the ball, there's a 50% chance that they're going to fall over and "dive" (whiner soccer player pretends he got hurt by a "foul" and does crybaby act trying to convince ref to throw a penalty flag). Really swell sport, guys.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg.Β SΒ flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW -Β Vokey 58 deg.Β SWΒ -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Soccer: ALL. It's a dumb, boring game, period. Too many players doing nothing more than scurrying around meaninglessly on a too-big field with nothing ever happening. It's about the only sport where the fans will say a 0-0 tie is "BRILLIANT!!!" - it's not, it means that nothing whatsoever happened, as opposed to the other matches where nothing at all of consequence happens more than 99% of the match. Try to comment negatively about soccer and the standard retort is "You're just ignorant about the sport!" this coming from a group who (outside of the U.S. at least) who make Bears fans look like intelligent, well-spoken, polite people. When said players actually get a 10 second portion of the entire game when they are not just scurrying (sorry, but grown men should not engage in scurrying) and are near the ball, there's a 50% chance that they're going to fall over and "dive" (whiner soccer player pretends he got hurt by a "foul" and does crybaby act trying to convince ref to throw a penalty flag). Really swell sport, guys.

Dude, we ****ing get it.

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Obviously you don't - if you did, you wouldn't be a soccer fan.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg.Β SΒ flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW -Β Vokey 58 deg.Β SWΒ -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Dude, we ****ing get it.

Ha ha, yep we sure do.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5)Β :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI)Β :benhogan:Β Icon(4-PW)Β :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:PutterΒ :snell:Β MTB BlackΒ Β 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

Dude, we ****ing get it.

Obviously you don't - if you did, you wouldn't be a soccer fan.

I'm not a soccer fan.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Soccer: ALL. It's a dumb, boring game, period. Too many players doing nothing more than scurrying around meaninglessly on a too-big field with nothing ever happening. It's about the only sport where the fans will say a 0-0 tie is "BRILLIANT!!!" - it's not, it means that nothing whatsoever happened, as opposed to the other matches where nothing at all of consequence happens more than 99% of the match. Try to comment negatively about soccer and the standard retort is "You're just ignorant about the sport!" this coming from a group who (outside of the U.S. at least) who make Bears fans look like intelligent, well-spoken, polite people. When said players actually get a 10 second portion of the entire game when they are not just scurrying (sorry, but grown men should not engage in scurrying) and are near the ball, there's a 50% chance that they're going to fall over and "dive" (whiner soccer player pretends he got hurt by a "foul" and does crybaby act trying to convince ref to throw a penalty flag). Really swell sport, guys.

Dude, we ****ing get it.

Ha ha, yep we sure do.

No, we got it.

I'm still a little unclear on Wisguy's position on soccer. Could you expand on this a bit?

Yours in earnest,Β Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks:Β :cleveland:Β 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5* Β :tmade:Β RBZ HL 3wΒ Β :nickent:Β 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H Β :callaway:Β X-22 5-AW Β :nike:SV tour 56* SWΒ :mizuno:Β MP-T11 60* LWΒ :bridgestone:Β customized TD-03 putterΒ :tmade:Penta TP3 Β Β :aimpoint:

I'm still a little unclear on Wisguy's position on soccer. Could you expand on this a bit?

I'm guessing that he used to get pants'd by the JV soccer team back in middle school......or maybe they took his lunch money. Just no other explanation that I can think of.... :-D

In David's bag....

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind

Maybe I'm just in denial and am fighting conflicting feelings, too insecure to admit if I actually like something so instead I just lash out in cowardice, unable to come to grips with my own emotions and preferences.... maybe I'm... trying to suppress my guilt about being a secret Futbol Fan!? Or maybe I really, really dislike every single solitary thing about adults playing and/or watching adult soccer. This is a thread where one can discuss/vent/bitch about, etc... one's sports dislikes, is it not? So I kvetched a few times about the world's most popular/boring sport? If you want to complain about excessive repetition, how about the dozens of near-identical posts by the several Slow-Play Gestapo guys. Sheeesh, I have to wonder, are some of you secretly wearing little tricolor French flag bikini briefs?

Sheeesh, I have to wonder, are some of you secretly wearing little tricolor French flag bikini briefs?

Mine's a thong but only because I detest the French. ;-)

My Whackin' Sticks:Β :cleveland:Β 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5* Β :tmade:Β RBZ HL 3wΒ Β :nickent:Β 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H Β :callaway:Β X-22 5-AW Β :nike:SV tour 56* SWΒ :mizuno:Β MP-T11 60* LWΒ :bridgestone:Β customized TD-03 putterΒ :tmade:Penta TP3 Β Β :aimpoint:

Quote:

I'm assuming you don't like hockey either.Β Β  Soccer is very similar to hockey except it has a moving blue line and more strict rules.Β Β  Incidentally, the ref doesn't throw a penalty flag.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.Β Β  I'm Denny

[quote name="Ernest Jones" url="/t/68828/what-sports-teams-do-you-absolutely-hate/36#post_903005"] Mine's a thong but only because I detest the French. ;-)[/quote] Crap! THERE goes my appetite, and on Saturday night too. :~(

In David's bag....

I'm assuming you don't like hockey either.Β Β  Soccer is very similar to hockey except it has a moving blue line and more strict rules.Β Β  Incidentally, the ref doesn't throw a penalty flag.

The concept of a "moving blue line" is probably one of the main reasons North Americans don't "get" soccer.

The concept of a "moving blue line" is probably one of the main reasons North Americans don't "get" soccer.

I "get" soccer, I just find it mind-numbingly boring to watch. Wanna play? I'll jump right in. Playing soccer = Fun. Watching = Horrible.

I like to fish...I don't like to watch other people fish. Same thing to me.

Ryan M
Β 
The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)
Β 
IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Note:Β This thread is 3751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!