IGNORED

What sports teams do you absolutely hate?

Chad Collins
Note: This thread is 3730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

USC hasn't shown up in the top 10 in the last few years and I'm sure the bowl ban and the scholarship reductions had a lot to do with it. From 2002 to 2008, USC had the top recruiting class in the PAC 10. In 2009, UCLA had tops but second was USC. The NCAA sanctions hit in 2010 and now no one wanted to even touch USC and they're still feeling the hurt of scholarship reductions. The head coaching question is still in the air, but the turnaround of the program by Coach Orgeron is starting to draw interest from some recruits. I don't expect USC to have a top recruiting class for another few years, but they're doing okay with what they have. Just needed a good head coach.

And another thing...Fight on! Should be a good game this Saturday.

You sound pretty confident that Coach O is going to get that head coaching job.  I'm not an SC fan so I don't really care if he does or not but it's definitely one of the more compelling stories in sports right now.  You don't think people are getting caught up in the Stanford win?

Very much looking forward to the game this Saturday.  SC has a lot of momentum and UCLA hasn't looked this good in years.  Go Bruins!

Oregon is like 6th in the Pac in recruiting every year. UCLA, USC, Washington, Cal, Stanford in that order almost a yearly basis.

I wish that were true but, alas, it's not. Since 2007, Oregon has ranked 2,5,4,4,2,3 and 3 in the Pac 10/12 recruiting. This is per Scout.com. Generally USC or UCLA are 1 and/or 2, so Oregon has been the best non-LA school at recruiting over the past 7 years or so. Hurts to say it.

You sound pretty confident that Coach O is going to get that head coaching job.  I'm not an SC fan so I don't really care if he does or not but it's definitely one of the more compelling stories in sports right now.  You don't think people are getting caught up in the Stanford win?

Very much looking forward to the game this Saturday.  SC has a lot of momentum and UCLA hasn't looked this good in years.  Go Bruins!

I'm not confident that Coach O will be selected as the permanent head coach, but the performance, what the USC fan base says (including myself), and what the players say about him make it very hard NOT to select him as the head coach. If USC wins this weekend, I don't think there should be any doubt that Coach O should be the head coach, at least for the next couple of years. If they lose, he should still be one of the top 3 choices and might still very well deserve the job.

Just got back from the driving range and was hitting next to a guy who looks like he just went through a powder blue waterfall. He was covered in UCLA gear from his shirt, sunglasses, bag, and head covers. Pretty hilarious.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

I'm not confident that Coach O will be selected as the permanent head coach, but the performance, what the USC fan base says (including myself), and what the players say about him make it very hard NOT to select him as the head coach. If USC wins this weekend, I don't think there should be any doubt that Coach O should be the head coach, at least for the next couple of years. If they lose, he should still be one of the top 3 choices and might still very well deserve the job.

Just got back from the driving range and was hitting next to a guy who looks like he just went through a powder blue waterfall. He was covered in UCLA gear from his shirt, sunglasses, bag, and head covers. Pretty hilarious.

It wasn't me. ;)  I'm in my cardinal and blue for the rest of the fall. ;)

They were discussing this on the radio last week, and I think it's still true.  Pat Haden, if he doesn't already have somebody in mind, will have a hard time not picking Orgeron.  IF they win this week.  If not, people won't be in such a honeymoon phase anymore, and they can probably choose whoever they want with little blowback.

Now, if he already has his guy (who knows, he might have shaken hands with Jack Del Rio 2 months ago) then it'll be a soap opera for a bit. ;)

-------------------------------------------

Sometimes I forget what thread I'm in ... I'm way OT here. ;)

I don't really "hate" anybody ... but I can say I'm bored watching anybody from Boston win any professional titles at this point.  Enough already.  I also usually root against Duke if they make the final four ... for the same reason:  they're there too much and I'm bored of them.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It wasn't me. ;)  I'm in my cardinal and blue for the rest of the fall. ;)

They were discussing this on the radio last week, and I think it's still true.  Pat Haden, if he doesn't already have somebody in mind, will have a hard time not picking Orgeron.  IF they win this week.  If not, people won't be in such a honeymoon phase anymore, and they can probably choose whoever they want with little blowback.

Now, if he already has his guy (who knows, he might have shaken hands with Jack Del Rio 2 months ago) then it'll be a soap opera for a bit. ;)

-------------------------------------------

Sometimes I forget what thread I'm in ... I'm way OT here. ;)

I don't really "hate" anybody ... but I can say I'm bored watching anybody from Boston win any professional titles at this point.  Enough already.  I also usually root against Duke if they make the final four ... for the same reason:  they're there too much and I'm bored of them.

Agree, we should move the last few posts to the NCAA College Football thread. The topic will probably get lost in all the Ohio State/BCS/playoff discussion though.

Best Regards,
Ryan

:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2

NFL - Raiders, Bears, Patriots, Saints..... oh yeah.... my dislike for the RAIDERS can not be overemphasized.  They are the scum of the earth.

Baseball - Yankees, Yankees, Yankees - repeat the mantra 100 times  "OM... Yankees suck... OM... Yankees suck".

Hockey - basketball.... who cares?  Can't work up enough passion about either one with one to get emotionally up or down on any individual team.  Just hate that the sports programmers clog up a whole TV season with them.  A Tiddly Winks tournament would make better viewing.  We have Canadian satellite and I'll even watch curling over basketball or hockey.

Watched the Punkin Chunkin World championship last night on Discovery.  Seems that would be something that ESPN could pick up to fill the dead space during basketball season. :smartass:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

NFL - Raiders, Bears, Patriots, Saints..... oh yeah.... my dislike for the RAIDERS can not be overemphasized.  They are the scum of the earth.

Baseball - Yankees, Yankees, Yankees - repeat the mantra 100 times  "OM... Yankees suck... OM... Yankees suck".

Hockey - basketball.... who cares?  Can't work up enough passion about either one with one to get emotionally up or down on any individual team.  Just hate that the sports programmers clog up a whole TV season with them.  A Tiddly Winks tournament would make better viewing.  We have Canadian satellite and I'll even watch curling over basketball or hockey.

Watched the Punkin Chunkin World championship last night on Discovery.  Seems that would be something that ESPN could pick up to fill the dead space during basketball season.

@Fourputt ,  You live on the beach in the Bahamas.  How can you hate anything? :-) OK, maybe hurricanes.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Watched the Punkin Chunkin World championship last night on Discovery.  Seems that would be something that ESPN could pick up to fill the dead space during basketball season.

You probably should have gone over to the Battle 4 Atlantis the last week because you would have seen some exciting college hoops. I can understand being bored at times by the NBA, but college hoops are awesome.

Bill M

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

You probably should have gone over to the Battle 4 Atlantis the last week because you would have seen some exciting college hoops. I can understand being bored at times by the NBA, but college hoops are awesome.

I don't like basketball as a sport, period.  High school, college, pro, doesn't matter.  I can get into a good game of HORSE, but that's about it.  I'm a football fan, first and always.  Baseball second, but mostly National league - hate the DH.  Golf third - love to play, but not much on watching except for top tournaments.  I'm not the stereotype guy who is into sports 24/7.

Rick

I have really started to enjoy watching curling actually. So much strategy involved. It gets pretty interesting.

Will W

I have really started to enjoy watching curling actually. So much strategy involved. It gets pretty interesting.

Is this the real reason you watch curling?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/23/curling-cuties-15-irresis_n_473300.html

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Fun game to watch last night, with the Cowboys getting bitch slapped all over Soldier Field. Good night for the haters.

:dance::beer::dance:

Bill M

Fun game to watch last night, with the Cowboys getting bitch slapped all over Soldier Field. Good night for the haters.

It amuses me (as a completely neutral observer) how many people despise the Cowboys.  Obviously you, as an Eagles fan, have more reason than others, but it seems like so many people everywhere just enjoy the crap out of watching them lose. ;-)

It amuses me (as a completely neutral observer) how many people despise the Cowboys.  Obviously you, as an Eagles fan, have more reason than others, but it seems like so many people everywhere just enjoy the crap out of watching them lose.

I think it has a lot to do with the whole "Americas Team" label. As an American  I don't feel any loyalty or connection with a team 1800 miles away and it just feels put upon by the media, and of course the cowboys themselves have endeared themselves to it also.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

I think it has a lot to do with the whole "Americas Team" label. As an American  I don't feel any loyalty or connection with a team 1800 miles away and it just feels put upon by the media, and of course the cowboys themselves have endeared themselves to it also.

I think you are probably right.  But, don't forget, if we didn't have the Cowboys, we also wouldn't have ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

It amuses me (as a completely neutral observer) how many people despise the Cowboys.  Obviously you, as an Eagles fan, have more reason than others, but it seems like so many people everywhere just enjoy the crap out of watching them lose.

Amen.  Any team that is self styled as "America's Team" or any other such appellation that indicates that I'm supposed to be behind them no matter what is an affront to my personal fanaticism.  I'm a "fan" of 2 teams.  They happen to to be the home teams of places I've lived.  Even though I was born and raised in Minnesota, the Vikings are my second team.  The Broncos will be my team until I die.

I moved to Denver in 1973, when the Broncos were only 4 years in the league.  Quarterback was Charlie Johnson and the halfback was Floyd Little - those are the only names I remember - maybe the only ones worth remembering from those days.  I suffered through 4 dreadful Super Bowl losses, a couple of them when it didn't even seem that we belonged in the league, much less in the game.  One of those losses was to the Cowboys.  I will hate them for as long as I root for the Broncos.

Despite that, the Oakland Raiders will always #1 on my hit list.  They are just so easy to dislike. :yucky:

Rick

Quarterback was Charlie Johnson and the halfback was Floyd Little - those are the only names I remember - maybe the only ones worth remembering from those days.  I suffered through 4 dreadful Super Bowl losses, a couple of them when it didn't even seem that we belonged in the league, much less in the game.  One of those losses was to the Cowboys.  I will hate them for as long as I root for the Broncos.

You don't remember John Elway?

Best Regards,
Ryan

Note: This thread is 3730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!