IGNORED

My Swing (stb5089)

stb5089
Note:Β This thread is 3204 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I know it`s been mentioned already.

Your right hand and arm are over-powering the club.

Try pushing the club back with your left hand and resting your right hand in a neutral position on the club - just like holding an egg.

Firm but not tight enough to crush it.

Thanks Steve, I'm going to work on my grip next. The most success I am having with changing my game is working on one thing at a time. A super strong grip is def a tough thing to change too haha, i'm finding that out the hard way

Originally Posted by stb5089

Shot 74, 2 over today Mike, heres the adjustments I made (at the range prior).

Awesome! Β How does it feel? Β Feeling different is a good thing, means you're making changes. Β The turning rates definitely looks better.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mvmac

Awesome! Β How does it feel? Β Feeling different is a good thing, means you're making changes. Β The turning rates definitely looks better.

It feels good, feels like I'm letting my body do more of the work(hips and shoulders) rather than the arms. I picked up 5 yards on all of my irons too.Β  Next I'm going to try to work on my weakening my ultra strong grip.Β  I'm semi reluctant to do this because I am hitting if fairly straight. Do you think changing my release(go ahead and release the hands sooner) along with weakening the grip will produce the best results mike?

Originally Posted by stb5089

It feels good, feels like I'm letting my body do more of the work(hips and shoulders) rather than the arms. I picked up 5 yards on all of my irons too.Β  Next I'm going to try to work on my weakening my ultra strong grip.Β  I'm semi reluctant to do this because I am hitting if fairly straight. Do you think changing my release(go ahead and release the hands sooner) along with weakening the grip will produce the best results mike?

I think if you're hitting it good, fairly straight, don't change the grip for now.

Mike McLoughlin

• 1 year later...

It's been a year since I updated my swing on here guys.Β  I worked on cleaning up my setup and increasing turning rates this summer.Β  Recently shot 80, 72, 77 in my club championship.Β  Any help or criticism offered on my swing is appreciated.

I'm in no position to give you golf tips.

However, my advice to you is this...

TURN THE CAMERA HORIZONTALLY!!!! :-P

Ryan M
Β 
The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)
Β 
IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

It's hard to tell with his cargo shorts, but I would like to know what Mike and other say about his right knee that appears to straighten on the backswing.Β  It looks like it is causing some spine side-tilt and weight balance issues.

Robert Spann

:ping:Β :adidas:Β :adams:Β :leupold:Β :nike:Β :srixon:Β :nickent:

• Administrator

Do you have a recent face-on video?

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

I see you didn't listen to my vital swing tips. :-P

Ryan M
Β 
The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)
Β 
IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Still see this

http://thesandtrap.com/t/68838/my-swing-stb5089#post_884067

Good video to check out if you haven't

Mike McLoughlin

Dude...turn the camera horizontally, it will get rid of the huge black bars on both sides of your video.

Swing looks pretty good IMO. What are your misses? What are you working on?

haha sorry about the camera.Β  Thanks.Β  normal ball flight is straight or a small cut.Β  My bigger misses are an occasional pull hook, a handfull in 18 holes.Β  Working on cleaning up posture and increasing turning rates.

I see you didn't listen to my vital swing tips.

Haha sorry i promise it wont happen again!

Still see this

http://thesandtrap.com/t/68838/my-swing-stb5089#post_884067

Good video to check out if you haven't

Im still struggling with this mvmac,Β  thanks for the video. I don't like how i have some left arm breakdown and the right flexes a little too much.Β  Whats the best feeling to stop this?? Also in the video my head just on the downswing moves backwards, probably compensating for an issue in my swing place.Β  I'm a low ball hitter.Β  Play with a group of 20 guys from scratch to 12-14 handicaps and I have one of the lowest ball flights of them all

Note:Β This thread is 3204 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!