IGNORED

2013 WGC Bridgestone Invitational Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Starting on Thursday at Firestone, Tiger Woods and the rest of the elite golfers in the world face their most demanding stretch of the year

Quote:
AKRON, Ohio -- Tiger Woods spent most of last week in the Bahamas with his two young children.

"I got away from the game and just had a whole bunch of fun with them," he reported Wednesday. The biggest revelation?  "I don't have as much energy as Sam and Charlie, but I feel pretty good," Woods added with a smile.

Woods is pretty happy to be back at Firestone Country Club, too. He has won the World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational seven times here, most recently in 2009 when he beat Robert Allenby and Padraig Harrington by four strokes.

Woods already has won four times on the PGA TOUR in 2013 and owns the lead in the FedExCup, as a result. His last victory came at THE PLAYERS Championship in May and his best finish in the three events he's played since that win is a tie for sixth at The Open Championship.

He felt like he had an "opportunity" at Muirfield, too. But Woods, who started the final round tied for second, two strokes behind Lee Westwood, closed with a 74.

"I had a chance to win and didn't get quite it done on Sunday," Woods said. "There were so many positives to the week, how well I hit it and how well I played. Looking back on it, as I was saying on Sunday night with you guys, the only difference is I just didn't get the feel of those greens the last few days, and I didn't make the adjustments.

"That's my fault for not making the adjustments."

Not that he'll need any adjustments this week at Firestone.

Woods owns the lowest 72-hole score (21 under, shot in 2000) at the Bridgestone Invitational, as well as the 18-hole record of 61 (also recorded during his 2000 victory). He won by 11 that year, which remains the largest margin of victory. Woods has also prevailed in two playoffs.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I get that it probably doesn't make sense for them, but it's weeks like this I really wish the WGC had an iPhone app. Because of the alternate field event, the PGA Tour app sends you to a crappy WGC mobile website.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I should make the trip out there. It's a whopping 35 minutes from my place. :D

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Tiger had a good round, but it's really disconcerting that he's not gobbling up the par 5s like he used to. Not only that, but he's bogeying then from time to time..

Colin P.

Tiger had a good round, but it's really disconcerting that he's not gobbling up the par 5s like he used to. Not only that, but he's bogeying then from time to time..

Solid front. He can't be too happy about the back after going out in 31 though.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Yeah, he's doing something right making 6 birdies.

Colin P.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by jamo

I get that it probably doesn't make sense for them, but it's weeks like this I really wish the WGC had an iPhone app. Because of the alternate field event, the PGA Tour app sends you to a crappy WGC mobile website.

Yeah I hate that.

Tiger hit it into the fairway bunker on 16 and then had to chip out 70 yards or so. Probably near the lip or something. Then had 295 so he laid up. Two putts from 25 feet = bogey.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by David in FL

Woods started on the 10th tee, solid first nine, very good second nine.

Originally Posted by Infamous 273

Looks like you can make your $ on 1-5. Rory E for the round - still a runaway for the 2013 PGA "Where Have You Gone Joe DiMaggio" award.

More like #1 & 2. First hole is straight-froward & #2 is the easiest hole on the course.  From there the course is relentless. I've played it a number of times. The 4th hole is extremely difficult - 470-yard uphill, very narrow fairway.

Tiger's on fire right now. -4 thru 3 holes

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

LOL...according to Yahoo Sports, Keegan is -22 through 17 today...and Tiger is -10 through 3....

WTF?

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

LOL...according to Yahoo Sports, Keegan is -22 through 17 today...and Tiger is -10 through 3....

WTF?

Yahoo sports' website has been buggy the last two days. Yesterday, it showed Bubba Watson shot a 59 (-11).

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Note: This thread is 3888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!