IGNORED

which wedge to get

Note: This thread is 3915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

To start off with I am a lefty

After doing some research the two companies that offer the widest variety of wedge options are Ping and Cleveland.  I play G15 irons but have no experience with Cleveland.  Can anybody recommend which wedges I should go with? I plan on trying to locate some Clevelands at the local shops but I sure I won't have any luck

Well they're not Clevelands or Pings, but the Nike VR Pro wedges are very good and relatively cheap if you can get last years model. I've been using them all season and couldn't be happier.

Nike VR pro is a terrific wedge. I am playing with last years model sw 56-14. Love it from all lies. The 1 caveat is I switched out the shafts. I use dg spinner but I use that on every wedge I have owned.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I ordered some mizuno MP R12 wedges not sure they make them in left handed also.

My old ones where nice also.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Originally Posted by jimmer1609

To start off with I am a lefty

After doing some research the two companies that offer the widest variety of wedge options are Ping and Cleveland.  I play G15 irons but have no experience with Cleveland.  Can anybody recommend which wedges I should go with? I plan on trying to locate some Clevelands at the local shops but I sure I won't have any luck

I'm not sure how you determined Ping and Cleveland offer the most wedge options when Scor, Vokey and Edel offer custom built wedges with multiple grind options

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Can anybody recommend which wedges I should go with?

The ones that fit your game and feel right to you. Without more information, there's really no way anyone here can give an educated recommendation.

Tyler Martin

If you have a basic wedge game without a lot of hand manipulation, and a medium angle downswing, consider the Adams Tom Watson wedges. These are tried and true basic wedges, and come in a three-pack for about $100. You get a 52.08, a 56.12 and a 60.08.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I'm not sure how you determined Ping and Cleveland offer the most wedge options when Scor, Vokey and Edel offer custom built wedges with multiple grind options

I've tried the scor and wasnt a fan... Ive  had the opportunity to try Vokeys and know what they offer... With Ping and Cleveland I can get any degree wedge I want unlike with Mizuno where leftys arent offered much ... That's how it was determined ..

I havent even heard of the Edel wedges so thats something I will look into

This thread has a great discussion on Edel wedges (as well as bounce and other such sundry).

Tyler Martin

I've tried the scor and wasnt a fan... Ive  had the opportunity to try Vokeys and know what they offer... With Ping and Cleveland I can get any degree wedge I want unlike with Mizuno where leftys arent offered much ... That's how it was determined ..

Not trying to discourage from looking at Ping and Cleveland, but Vokey WedgeWorks division is a custom shop for wedges and offers grinds that are different than the SM-4 you probably saw in stores.

Joe Paradiso

Take a look at these. Not much has been said about them but I have the 52, 56, and 58 degree. Great out of the sand and tight lies.

Don't judge them by my handicap. Others I play with that have them love them and are decent golfers.

http://www.f2golf.com/

Note: This thread is 3915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!