IGNORED

Training Aids

Note: This thread is 3370 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by sjames324

Has anyone tried Swingbyte or Skypro?  Any thoughts?

The mini-trackmen?

No.

These are like video to me, but the video is better feedback because it is based on visual feedback, not a software program. I can see their value as to path and face ...

Traditional training aids help cure an issue or offer a feel.

I would tend to go traditional aids and video before the mini-trackmen if I had an order of priority.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by dennyjones

I've been looking at the tour striker.   Anybody have any opinion or a review on it?

I have a Medicus 7 iron that works well when I remember to use it.  I have alignment rods (from Lowe's), and swimmer's noodles that I stick over the alignment rods to help remember to swing from the inside.  I have the Orange Whip which is great for tempo....damn, starting to sound like a used golf store.

I second the video camera.   Whenever I have a lesson, it is the most useful teaching aide.   Check out Michael Breed's book , "The Picture-Perfect Golf Swing".   It goes into depth about using a video camera setup and use.

I have a tour striker and I like it. It showed me that, sometimes I have my hands to far ahead  of the club head at impact. If your a flipper, there is no way you'll hit the ball with this club. It will teach you to   swing  the club with your  hands ahead of the club face at impact.

By gosh, I Must review all the training aids I have. I have a Tour Stryker sand wedge and it does help. If you're off in the slightest, it will go left, it will go right, it will run on the ground. If it goes left or right, that usually means I'm using my hands instead of my body. If it doesn't get in the air, that means you hit below the grooves

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

The mini-trackmen?

No.

These are like video to me, but the video is better feedback because it is based on visual feedback, not a software program. I can see their value as to path and face ...

Traditional training aids help cure an issue or offer a feel.

I would tend to go traditional aids and video before the mini-trackmen if I had an order of priority.

Video might be better but the data isn't as easily accessible.  Here are some numbers (sand wedge) SkyPro provides

Swing Club Speed (mph) Hand Speed (mph) Tempo Ratio Backswing (°) Half-Back (°) Half-Down (°)

Swing 19 70 20 2.4 : 1 -38 -67 -50
Swing 21 72 21 2.5 : 1 -44 -73 -50
Swing 22 71 20 2.7 : 1 -46 -72 -51
Swing 23 74 21 2.7 : 1 -45 -73 -55
Swing 24 76 19 2.5 : 1 -47 -81 -57

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Video might be better but the data isn't as easily accessible.  Here are some numbers (sand wedge) SkyPro provides

Swing

Club Speed (mph)

Hand Speed (mph)

Tempo Ratio

Backswing (°)

Half-Back (°)

Half-Down (°)

Swing 19

2.4 : 1

Swing 21

2.5 : 1

Swing 22

2.7 : 1

Swing 23

2.7 : 1

Swing 24

2.5 : 1

I think the mini-trackmen are good and up and coming, but it's a matter of priority and the needs of your game. Hey, slow that tempo down to 3:1!

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

I think the mini-trackmen are good and up and coming, but it's a matter of priority and the needs of your game. Hey, slow that tempo down to 3:1!

Agreed, I have lots of needs in my game.  I'm working on the tempo, those were first swings with the SkyPro, which is one of the areas it's helped.  My backswing is slower and overall it's helped my club position of backswing and downswing.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

Has anyone tried Swingbyte or Skypro?  Any thoughts?

Swingbyte is good at measuring the club head speed, but that does not always translate to ball speed.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

get a good camera and tape your swing. than upload it to the V1 golf app and you can do some wicked stuff with it.

draw lines and compare to tour pro's

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Guys who are recommending video cameras... what kind of video camera are you using? Is the iPhone sufficient?  Its convenient to use but it seems like I might be able to analyze better with something that can slow down my swing a little more.

Originally Posted by Mr Smell Good

Guys who are recommending video cameras... what kind of video camera are you using? Is the iPhone sufficient?  Its convenient to use but it seems like I might be able to analyze better with something that can slow down my swing a little more.

We have a long thread on video cameras. The iPhone is workable for the backswing, but not the downswing - you lose too much.

• 1 year later...

zoom.. zoom boom boom..  just couldn't help my self.. what is wrong with these people.

even if is a good aid, this video will drive any normal person away IMO

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

It's a personal thing, but I'm just not big on training aids(excluding a camera which to me is not a true golf training aid) I mean cmon....or maybe alignment sticks (which is) but I fool around with some members stuff on the range at the club. Mostly all weird gadgetry junk to me. I messed with this one guys thing and it was simple but seemed kind of cool and I noticed a couple hacks that started using improving their swing a lot.. In terms of tempo and swing synchronicity.. It seems pretty effective. Called an: Orange whip?

I have an Orange Whip.    The weight and counter weight on the handle make it heavy enough to help with the tempo of the swing.   It's not too heavy and allows the user to feel a swing.   Like all training aides, it's personal but I like it and swing it frequently.  I believe it works.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

The Impact Snap Device is great for maintaining a flat left wrist...look on Youtube

PB
Canadian PGA Life Member
Peter Boyce Golf Academy
Strathroy, Ontario
:tmade:

Note: This thread is 3370 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!