IGNORED

Your funniest golf stories...

Dabzy
Note: This thread is 3884 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been playing golf for a bit now, and, I've got a few, but would like to share this one with you, as, me and a lad I play a round with always have a chuckle over it...

On my last birthday, I ended up working all day Saturday, due to pricing a plastering job that should of taken me half a day, with the remainder of the day being taken up by a round, then a few jars in the club house. Friday afternoon, the customer phones me up and asks if I could do more work for them, which we already discussed when I priced it, but, they didnt want it doing at the time.

A big fat FFS, because, at the time, I was rammed with work, I had my first ever golfing competition on the Sunday, and it was the run in to England's Premier League (And I was very much interested being a Sunderland AFC supporter [we nearly got relegated] so, was going to watch a game in the club house too... I agreed, needed the money (as always) and put my birthday on hold to get the job done. Saturday comes, I start at 7.30am, and didnt get finished till 6.30pm, mad rush, me and the strife went for a meal at the indians and in the whole day, two pints passed my lips.

So, awaking on Sunday, I was proper primed for a good sup, me and my mate were in a better ball competition, weather was a bit mankey, met the other pair on the tee, explained it was our first compo, told them to keep us right (And they did), everyone wrapped up and off we went. Eventually, 18th done, we all shook hands and me and my mate made our way into the clubhouse, changed, then hit the bar in the snooker room...

Well, suffice to say, the beer went down well, social cards were getting a proper hammering, a bloke walks in, I said to my mate "Is that Neil?" [One of the doubles we played with], and he went "Dont know, looks like him", so I got up to go to the bar, went over and thanked him for all his help, offered him a drink, give him a pally tap on the shoulder and took mine and my mates drink back, this Neil fella has a bit of a walk around chatting to some members in the bit we were at and goes back out to the main bar.

Much, much later on, we're still going for it, attempting to play snooker, everyone in the lounge was pretty much trolleyed, this Neil fella came back in, so I went over, put my arm around him  "See, this is why I love this club, people like yourself, bloody great blokes, everyone is having a good night, and, nor mate, honest, you and your mate, just made it a great round, you really helped us loads"...

He looks at me and goes "Can I ask you a question?", I said "Aye", with my arm still around him, he went, and this is no lie... he went "Who the hell are you?" :D

Turned out, it wasnt the bloke who we played with! :D

My mate was literally dying of laughter... Well, I felt like an absolute idiot, he saw the funny side, I literally had him bamboozled because he actually thought that I knew him from somewhere else, and he spent the whole time in the other end racking his brains out trying to remember if he'd met me before.

But, I'll give him his due... The sly dog got a drink out of me! :D

Dabz

• Upvote 1

Not so much a story, as the most memorable shot I've seen.  My buddy is in the bunker on the left, blades it across the green, hits the back tire on the cart, rolls over the bridge (which has no sideboards on the bottom), finally rolls off the side of the bridge at the end, hits a yellow stake and falls back into the water.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

Originally Posted by chriskzoo

Not so much a story, as the most memorable shot I've seen.  My buddy is in the bunker on the left, blades it across the green, hits the back tire on the cart, rolls over the bridge (which has no sideboards on the bottom), finally rolls off the side of the bridge at the end, hits a yellow stake and falls back into the water.

I hope you give him a gimme for that! ;) lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by garybbq

Sorry I cant really remember that many good funny stories, just wanted to say that I laughed out loud at this one though.

Its a beauty isnt it, and totally sums up me really... I do that see... Make a complete tit of myself without realizing! :D

Dabz

Note: This thread is 3884 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!