IGNORED

Fox Sports 2015 U.S. Open Thread (Joe Buck, Greg Norman)

ChrisP
Note: This thread is 3208 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just dont wanna see that stupid Fox Sports Football robot dancing around and swinging a golf club.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

• Administrator
It's really rather odd that they only have one event. It's tough to imagine them "stealing talent" for just one event.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by ChrisP

Other options for analyst would probably include ........... Colin Montgomerie, who have some TV experience.

Of course when I was in contention for......., he's a very very good friend of mine, of course......

Awful awful TV presenter, can't see Fox getting him for one event as Sky use him for multiple tournaments (all majors except the Open, which they don't have rights to, WGC & Players), however a job share as Fox and Sky are Murdoch beasts is a distinct possibility.

Originally Posted by iacas

It's really rather odd that they only have one event. It's tough to imagine them "stealing talent" for just one event.

Well, they do consider it three main events, The US Open, Women's US Open and Senior US Open.

And I hear that Greg Norman is in line to be the lead analyst. Yuk.

Bill M

Originally Posted by phan52

Well, they do consider it three main events, The US Open, Women's US Open and Senior US Open.

And I hear that Greg Norman is in line to be the lead analyst. Yuk.

Not sure what Norman would be like. I hope he wouldn't be afraid to speak his mind. That's what makes people like Johnny Miller and Nick Faldo. Hopefully he's not like Ian Baker-Finch and does nothing but give praise to every golfer and shot. I've heard rumors that Thom Brennaman is likely to be the host in the booth.

• 8 months later...
  • Administrator
News came out today: Greg Norman and Joe Buck are the announcers.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ugh. Any bets on Norman being infinitely more condescending than Johnny Miller?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Joe buck is the worst. Get ready for snarky sarcasm and predetermined "story lines" trumping anything that's happening on the course.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

:yucky:

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
Quote:
Greg Norman on his broadcast style – “My objective is not to be criticizing golfers. My objective is to be fair and balanced. If I see something that I feel is very pertinent to the situation, I will explain that view to the audience, and I want it to be very fan-friendly and informative. Being informative is not sugar-coating the situation and not addressing some serious issues that could arise in the game of golf, which we have seen in the past. It’s incumbent upon myself and Joe and every other member of our team who has a microphone in their hand to have the confidence and the willingness to express themselves.”
Quote:
Joe Buck on why FOX Sports and the USGA make a good partnership – “I think I’ve been here long enough to know that today is a big day for FOX Sports. It says a lot about the USGA that they are willing to take this leap with us. Like I told [USGA President] Tom O’Toole, who I’ve known pretty much my whole life, he is going to be blown away, as will the golf world, with the effort and the ability that we’re going to throw at this. We’ll push golf coverage like FOX Sports pushed NFL coverage, MLB coverage and NASCAR coverage. It’s a good partnership both ways.”
Quote:

Joe Buck on working with a new broadcast partner – “We’re not going to have the opportunity to feel our way. When we go on air at Chambers Bay, we’re doing the Super Bowl. We’re coming right out of the gate, and it doesn’t get any bigger. We’ve got to be ready, and we will be ready. We’re all going to spend time in June at Pinehurst to walk through exactly what is expected of us and go through the mechanics of calling a golf tournament, which I can’t wait to get into. The one thing that was obvious when Greg and I talked the other day, and I’ve always gone about it this way – if I have a great day in the booth, but my partner doesn’t have a good day, then overall we don’t have a good day. I don’t walk out of the booth feeling good about the broadcast, and certainly vice-versa. Greg and I are going to approach this as complete teammates, and what that means for me as far as the mechanics of broadcasting, the oddity of somebody talking in your ear while you’re covering something and you have two trains of thought, I’m there for him, and I’ll give him everything I’ve got.”

I wonder what the streaming situation is going to be like with Fox. They don't stream MLB or NFL games, do they with NASCAR?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Dont hate on Joe Buck, it is not his fault that he has been paired up with dopes like McCarver and Aikman.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Joe buck in Golf? I've now seen it all.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Note: This thread is 3208 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!