IGNORED

My Swing (aevans410)

aevans410
Note: This thread is 3879 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Now hold up my friend because I may have some more useful advice for you. Topping and fat shots are the same problem: in both instances your club is bottoming out before the ball instead of after it. Furthermore, this problem comes from hands not being ahead and weight not moving forward. I know you said you didn't want to focus on weight distribution, but your problems are all one and the same. Draw a line, imagine your ball is on that line and practice moving your weight forward and hitting the ground on the target side on that line. ReIntroduce the ball and you will notice immediately more power as well as a more crisp sound at impact. Hope this helps.
  • Upvote 1

Originally Posted by clutchshot

Now hold up my friend because I may have some more useful advice for you. Topping and fat shots are the same problem: in both instances your club is bottoming out before the ball instead of after it. Furthermore, this problem comes from hands not being ahead and weight not moving forward.

I know you said you didn't want to focus on weight distribution, but your problems are all one and the same.

Draw a line, imagine your ball is on that line and practice moving your weight forward and hitting the ground on the target side on that line. ReIntroduce the ball and you will notice immediately more power as well as a more crisp sound at impact.

Hope this helps

Actually, I think it might. I did try to hit balls with the hip forward preload drill and was hitting them flush.

I'll give that tip a try, thanks!

Alot of it just comes down to practice... I bought a mat and some foam balls, in which I have been using this year. Gives me the chance to go out and work on things almost everyday for a few minutes after work. The range is great, but it costs money and takes time, this way I can practice in my yard for free. This has really done wonders for my game.
  • Upvote 1

I think I just had one of those "a-ha" moments!

Using a stick thats about as long as a club, I took slow motion swings, really trying to feel my hips go first, then uncoiling of my shoulders, hips, and keeping my left wrist flat. Low and behold, I came through the slow motion swing with the stick coming from the inside-out, hips turned more toward the target, and finished nice and high with almost all of my weight on the front foot! Then I repeated it a few times. I may be on to something. Hopefully a new swing upload coming in the next few days.

New swing video tonight :

Definitely getting more of a weight shift, hip rotation felt good, things are looking up. Now to work on cementing that feeling in and then on to stopping that wrist casting problem.

Note: This thread is 3879 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!