IGNORED

Driver cover outside fixes my shanks

Note: This thread is 3901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Last couple of rounds I've been struggling with shanks, where for a few shots I shank pretty much everything. At the range the only fix seems to be placing a club or driver cover parallel to the target line, and then voila shanks are gone and I hit nice draws. What is going on? The only difference I can discern is that when my left shoulder dips below my chin (as supposed to more above my chin), seems to be a cleaner hit. My normal bad shot is a hook.

By shank, I presume you mean that when you hit the ball it veers low and strong to the right.

If so, sometimes I'll do this a couple of times when hitting bucket...for me it's most always that I'm hitting the ball with the hosel of the club.

That tells me I'm standing too close, so I drop back a little away from the ball at setup and I typically stop doing this.

Hope that helps.

Note: This thread is 3901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!