Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryband0

Final Tweaks to My Club Setup

3 posts in this topic

I have been reconfiguring my bag recently. I bought new irons, 5-PW,GW. As of now I play a driver, 3 wood (15*), 5 wood (18.5*), 5i-9i, PW (47*), GW (51.5*), a 54*, a 60*, and a putter. I have room for one more club. I am considering a 4H with a loft of 21*. Along with adding a hybrid I am thinking about bending my wedges to even out loft gaps. I talked about this with my friend who's on track to play golf in college this year. I have been very meticulous, borderline OCD, about setting up my bag this summer. He said because golf is such a mental game that it would be a good idea if it's something that would bug me (which it did when i played with him yesterday). I want to bend my PW from 47* to 46* and my GW from 51.5* to 50*. So my wedges would be as follows, 46-50-54-60. And my woods would be as follows, 9.5-15-18.5-21. Any tips or anything? Thank you.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Yes, get an adjustable hybrid so you can tweak it.

SW at 55 to go 50, 55, 60. Adding bounce is typically a good thing unless the leading edge comes up.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On the 4H, figure out what kind of launch you want. I carry the Adams V4 4H, and it has a low-mid launch Bassara shaft. Ball comes off hotter than with some Hs, but still reaches a decent height.

I carry a 4W and 7W which both work fine, so the lower 4H launch comes in handy. (I don't miss my 3i quite so much now...)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades