IGNORED

What's your best lost and found story?

4IronFTW
Note: This thread is 3877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yesterday, I was playing at a nearby municipal course, and on a short dogleg right par 4 I was debating between my 5 wood and my 4 iron off the tee. I went with the wood and forgot to pick up the 4 iron on my way back to the cart. Around the green, I always leave my wedges between the hole and my cart, but I normally don't take multiple clubs to the tee. I didn't realize I was missing hte club until after the turn, so by the time I went back to look for it was gone. I checked with the clubhouse staff and left my contact info with them in case it turns up.

I know it's dumb to get upset about an inanimate object, but it was one of my favorite clubs, so I'm feeling more down about it than I expected. It'd be great to hear stories about clubs lost that made their wat back to their owner.

To kick things off, I'm linking to the great story about Hogan's 1 iron.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/joe-posnanski/the-story-behind-the-picture-of-hogans-1-iron-shot-at-merion/

A few years ago we were going to Gulf Shores on vacation and the afternoon before I went to the club to play a practice round. Nobody was on the course but me.

When I got home I washed my clubs and put them in the bag and noticed that my SW was missing. I took the clubs back out of the bag and looked at each one and put it back in it's slot. Still no SW.

I told my wife I was going back down to the course to get my SW and I remembered the last shot I hit with it. Drove every place I went during my round and it wasn't there.

Now I was really disgusted so I went back home to pout about now having to take a golf vacation without all of my clubs.

Next day playing at Soldiers Creek on the first hole I needed the SW that I didn't have and when I went to get the GW instead there in it's slot was the SW.

I jokingly accused my wife of hiding it, and then putting it back (which she denied). How I could count my clubs and go through them one by one and somehow miss the SW (twice) I will never know. I'm usually only half nuts but this was all the way nuts.

• Upvote 1

We have all probably found clubs, lasers and golf equipment.  I have a couple of slightly more unusual finds.

I am standing around the 1st tee thinking about playing.  I notice something kind of pink laying in the long grass and go over to inspect.  It is someone's dental retainer.  After overcoming the "eewww" factor I took it to the clubhouse.  The woman running the clubhouse said, "Oh, I know whose that is ... he has lost it before."

Another day I am on the 11th hole and I found a set of keys.  The 12th green is near the clubhouse so after playing 12, I walked over to the parking lot and pushed the "panic button".  The noise is coming from the back so I shut it off and walk to the rear of the lot.  A guy is sitting on his car fender changing shoes.  I ask him if he noticed which car was making the noise.  "Yes, it was mine."  He had taken a taxi home to get his spare set of keys.  I gave him his keys back.

I am walking down the fairway and see a small bottle.  It is a prescription for diabetes. I picked it up and figured I would turn it in when I was close to the clubhouse.  Play on the course slowed down and I caught a 2 ball that was ahead of me and joined them,  One of the guys was heavy and not in great shape.  After a hole or two I asked him if maybe the medicine was his.  Yep!  He had noticed it was missing and was going to have to quit after 9 holes to get a replacement.  We finished the round together instead.

• Upvote 1

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In about 1981 I bought a Wilson Staff JP pitching wedge. Around 1987 left it on a course I played and never found it. I tried several wedges but in about 1992-93 I found an identical wedge in a used bucket for $15, and have been playing with it ever since.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Well, I don't lose stuff that often, but one day when I was playing 9 with my friend I found a wedge bent in half in the trash can...

Driver: :tmade: Burner '08 10.5* 3 wood: :tmade: Rocketballz 15* 3 hybrid: :tmade: Burner Superlaunch 18* 4 hybrid: :tmade: Rescue 11 21* Irons: :tmade: Burner 1.0 5-AW Wedges: :vokey: Spin Milled 54* :cleve: CG16 58* Putter: :odyssey: 2 Ball Blade Grips: Golf Pride VDR white Balls: :titleist: Velocity Bag: :tmade: Audi bag

Originally Posted by Vinchenzio45

Well, I don't lose stuff that often, but one day when I was playing 9 with my friend I found a wedge bent in half in the trash can...

I have found and re-shafted a snapped Cleveland wedge and an Odyssey putter [not during the same round  ;) ]

Brian Kuehn

Originally Posted by MS256

A few years ago we were going to Gulf Shores on vacation and the afternoon before I went to the club to play a practice round. Nobody was on the course but me.

When I got home I washed my clubs and put them in the bag and noticed that my SW was missing. I took the clubs back out of the bag and looked at each one and put it back in it's slot. Still no SW.

I told my wife I was going back down to the course to get my SW and I remembered the last shot I hit with it. Drove every place I went during my round and it wasn't there.

Now I was really disgusted so I went back home to pout about now having to take a golf vacation without all of my clubs.

Next day playing at Soldiers Creek on the first hole I needed the SW that I didn't have and when I went to get the GW instead there in it's slot was the SW.

I jokingly accused my wife of hiding it, and then putting it back (which she denied). How I could count my clubs and go through them one by one and somehow miss the SW (twice) I will never know. I'm usually only half nuts but this was all the way nuts.

Ok, I'll bite.  If the SW was in the GW slot, where was he GW?  I always count the clubs.  There should always be 14 clubs in mine.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

My lost and found story....

Happened a long time ago.  I was playing original Ping irons.  Playing a course where you left your bag (if you were walking/carrying) for this particular par 3.  I pulled my 6iron and putter and walked back to the tee box.  Hit the shot, hit the green, walked back up to the green.  Instead of putting the 6iron back in my bag, I layed it on front edge of the green.  Putted out, walked off and left the 6iron.  Never needed it again that day.  We went in after the round and had drinks and when I was putting my clubs in the trunk, I counted them and saw I had 6iron missing.  Went into pro shop and asked...no one had turned in the club.

Fast forward thru winter and was playing about 5 months later in the spring.  Exact same par 3.  Course is backed up so my group waves the group up behind us to let them hit up.  Then we putt out.  The guys behind us are riding in carts.  As I am walking off the green, I see a guys bag on back of the cart with all these shiny irons and this one dull looking club.  I look and it is an original Ping 6 iron.  I yelled back, hey, whose clubs are these.  The guy who they belong to responded.  I asked him if he had found the Ping 6 iron last year on this hole.  His response still gets me to today..."Yes, I did.  I knew sooner or later some one would ask me about it."  Really?  Showed him the serial number on one of my other clubs and took my 6iron back.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

My friend worked in the backshop were he would clean carts and clean members clubs. And he would find all these lost clubs on the course, he would wait about a week or so before he would let me know about them. But, I had found vokey wedges, odysee putters. It was awesome, I still use the 2-ball odysee putter to this day that he found. And the 56 degree, 60 degree , 52 degree vokey wedges he found for me.

I dropped my wallet when walking a muni on the west side of Chicago years ago...  I traced my steps over and over and couldn't find it once I realized it was missing from my back pocket.  Later that summer (about a month later) in the mail out of nowhere, my wallet shows up with a small hand written note from a Mother.  It simply stated that her son had found it laying in the grass on the course, and they wanted to return it to me.  The funny thing was, everything was still in it... Even the small amount of cash I had in it.  Unfortunately, I had already canceled all my credit cards, and replaced my ID, and the wallet.  So I didn't have much use for it other than the ~ 20 bucks cash that was still in it.

Another lost and found story... But this one wasn't on the golf course... It dates back to when I was in college attending the University of Cincinnati back in the late 90's.  It was my senior year, and I lived off campus in an apartment on the west side.  It was a shady area, but had a good view of the city.  Anyway, one morning I had a pair of workout pants on that had some loose pockets.  It was early AM, and I was going to campus to get some work done, and my wallet must have fallen out of my pocket when I was getting in/out of the car?  It wasn't until later that day, that I realized that my wallet was missing. PO'd... I had to go and cancel all my bank cards, and replace everything - wallet, student ID, etc.  A few days later, and while at work, I told one of my supervisors about what happened.  And he said, why didn't you call downtown and ask the county if it was turned into lost and found.  I was like, is this guy crazy?  Like someone is going to turn my wallet into lost and found.  But he peaked my interest... So I called downtown.  Sure enough, after checking the lady had it in their lost and found items.  Come to find out, someone turned it over to a police officer, and they in-turn turned it into the lost and found at the city.  I drive down, and the lady hands me my wallet.  Everything was intact, cash and all.

Talk about Good Samaritans.

Originally Posted by RickK

Ok, I'll bite.  If the SW was in the GW slot, where was he GW?  I always count the clubs.  There should always be 14 clubs in mine.

They were both there. I guess it was just a day when I couldn't count and couldn't see.

(Or my wife has kept her joke to herself for a long time).

My lost and foundnd story differs slightly,

So i keep my shoes/cleets in my boot of my car, but i got a lift off my mate to the club so i just wore my cleets to go, so we proceeded to play the 18holes

towards the end of the back 9, it started pouring down! (not suprising for NE england) so we finished up quickly and headed to the car,

so with me not driving i kept my cleets on, my friend proceeded to drop me off at my house, so i was in the garage putting clubs away, taking cleets off,

when i realised i couldnt find my car keys,

Had to get a lift back to the club, walked 18holes again in pouring rain, to no avail!

get home check my golf bag again, still no keys.

So i proceeded to kick my cleet in anger, and a set of keys come flying out the inside of my shoes!

I was beyond annoyed that day!

And to this day i still dont know how my keys were in my cleet!

My story: Went to the range by my house. Was playing a set of Acuity irons (Dicks sporting goods brand). After hitting a small bucket, I go to leave and notive my PW is missing :/ I ask at the shop if anyone turned one in....nothing. So, after a week of calling, I break down and bought a new set of irons (my mixuno mx-100s). The next time I show up to the range, I ask again about the PW, and low and behold, its there....Figures! Oh well, it was a good excuse to upgrade clubs =)

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Was playing with my buddy and when we finish and get to the parking lot, he realizes his keys fell out of the cart sometime during the round. We tried to retrace our route starting on #1 and unbelievably, find his keys in the rough on #12!
my get up and go musta got up and went..

I have never lost anything! At least golf related on a golf course, and if I find anything I obviously hand it in, however, if I ever find a lazer range finder thing.. It's mine! It may look like yours, but its not and i dont have the receipt because It was a gift!

Gaz Lee

My lost and foundnd story differs slightly, So i keep my shoes/cleets in my boot of my car, but i got a lift off my mate to the club so i just wore my cleets to go, so we proceeded to play the 18holes towards the end of the back 9, it started pouring down! (not suprising for NE england) so we finished up quickly and headed to the car, so with me not driving i kept my cleets on, my friend proceeded to drop me off at my house, so i was in the garage putting clubs away, taking cleets off, when i realised i couldnt find my car keys, Had to get a lift back to the club, walked 18holes again in pouring rain, to no avail! get home check my golf bag again, still no keys. So i proceeded to kick my cleet in anger, and a set of keys come flying out the inside of my shoes! I was beyond annoyed that day! :pound: And to this day i still dont know how my keys were in my cleet!

Haha, great story, what's a cleet?

Gaz Lee

I finished a round this spring, got back to my van, couldn't find my keys, I always keep them in same bag zip pocket, check every pocket! nowt! My friend checks every pocket, nowt! I empty every pocket and friend checks again, nowt! I take all clubs out and shake bag upside down, nowt! In desperation My friend then checks his bag! Nowt, so i put everything back in my bag and then remember my brand new push cart has a compartment for in the handle where I put my keys for safe keeping!

Gaz Lee

Note: This thread is 3877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!