IGNORED

If you could have any pro's swing, whose would it be?

tmac20
Note: This thread is 3176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone one's but Jim Furik LOL.... swing + results he is a great player, but his swing doesn't flow at all!  He somehow makes that swing flow like butter.

I'd take Bubba Watson just for Driver, regardless of the results aspect, I just enjoy his motion. Very strong swing.

For everything else, I'd like Hunter Mahan swings.

[QUOTE][SIZE=16px]Best golf swing ever, in my opinion, was Sam Snead.  Not far behind was PGA great Al Geiberger.[/SIZE] After watching this I think I have a new swing model... see that shaft flex? [SIZE=16px]Around the age of eleven or twelve I read articles by Mr. Geiberger that stressed tempo, especially for the taller golfer. Tour great Bob Toski said the 6'2" Geiberger "has the best looking swing for a tall man I've ever seen."  Well, I eventually grew to 6'3", and since I could not afford to take golf lessons, I tried to emulate Mr. Geiberger's swing.[/SIZE] [SIZE=16px]Al Geiberger's theory on the golf swing for a tall person was relatively simple:  Slowing down the golf swing would give you a better chance of hitting more shots on the sweet spot of the club face. With a longer arc, the momentum on the downswing would create greater clubhead speed, and thus distance would take care of itself.[/SIZE] [SIZE=16px]If you want to see Al Geiberger's swing, here is an old video  found on YouTube...[/SIZE] [URL=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILwOHs9OZ_Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILwOHs9OZ_Q[/URL]
[SIZE=16px]And here is a video of Mr. Geiberger about his theory on tempo..[/SIZE]
[URL=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce_6_CE6lzk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce_6_CE6lzk[/URL]
[/QUOTE] As a tall guy, I think I found a new swing model.

Originally Posted by JCRuzanski

Best golf swing ever, in my opinion, was Sam Snead.  Not far behind was PGA great Al Geiberger.

After watching this I think I have a new swing model... see that shaft flex?

Around the age of eleven or twelve I read articles by Mr. Geiberger that stressed tempo, especially for the taller golfer. Tour great Bob Toski said the 6'2" Geiberger "has the best looking swing for a tall man I've ever seen."  Well, I eventually grew to 6'3", and since I could not afford to take golf lessons, I tried to emulate Mr. Geiberger's swing.

Al Geiberger's theory on the golf swing for a tall person was relatively simple:  Slowing down the golf swing would give you a better chance of hitting more shots on the sweet spot of the club face. With a longer arc, the momentum on the downswing would create greater clubhead speed, and thus distance would take care of itself.

If you want to see Al Geiberger's swing, here is an old video  found on YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILwOHs9OZ_Q

And here is a video of Mr. Geiberger about his theory on tempo..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce_6_CE6lzk

Yea this is a really sound swing, but I do feel that for myself I would want a little bit more "bend" so I can generate more speed.  Or that just might be a naive statement from a "rookie" golfer.

Total homer, but I've got to go with Louis. If I minted one 3-iron in my life like this, I would die happy.

Also like that he keeps it pretty simple.

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/playing-lessons-louis-oosthuizen-on-the-range-070513/

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I said Freddie Couples for tempo but if I was pressed for someones mechanics then Hunter Mahan is the kind of one planer I want to be.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

those South Africans have it sewn up ... 1) Ernie and 2) L. Oosthuizen and 3) SA born-turned-Englishman, Justin Rose.

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

I would like Dufner's Swing for long game, but not his short game or putting stroke!! (I have that already )

I would take Tigers short game and putting over anyone else , the only thing I have of his is a bad back and the ability to pull the ball left.

Prettiest swing out there has to be Luke Donald. Even if I couldn't score well I would like Luke's swing and short game so he's my choice.

im beginning to really love Justin Roses swing, tee shots/driver especially.

Agree, it's getting really good.  Tiger should use Rose as his model :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!