IGNORED

Gamemanship

dchoye
Note: This thread is 3900 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Originally Posted by MEfree

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

If the tee markers were set that far back then the tournament organizers don't know what they are doing.

Not as uncommon as you might think, especially for a club tournament where they just let the maintenance staff set the course like they normally do.  Being a lefty, I have also encountered tee boxes where I would hit tree branches if I teed it up on the right side.

Yeah... been there.  Fortunately my men's club always had at least one member of the tournament committee in the first group out each round, so if the tees were improperly set up by the mowers that morning, they would move the markers so that the teeing ground met the requirements under the rules.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Have any of you played golf in Hawaii recently? It's hard to play on a resort course on Oahu without encountering a few groups of Japanese or Korean tourists, and the predominant outfit for men includes what we would call capri pants. I think it's also worth noting that about 90% of the world thinks Americans (particularly US men) dress like slobs with our shorts and sandals. Personally I could care less. Where what you want so long as you're not being patently offensive.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by dchoye

After I hit , he agains starts yapping and say " did you know you tee up ahead of the tee markers?"

I don't care in what sort of match or competition one is playing, to allow another competitor to inadvertently tee their ball outside the teeing area is totally reprehensible.  If you note a potential problem one should speak up before the breach occurs.  If in fact the ball was properly teed up, to falsely accuse someone of a breach is even worse.  That guy needs someone to adjust his attitude in the parking lot.

Brian Kuehn

Originally Posted by Wisguy

Two points:

1) Some people are simply jerks.  Do as you would tell your kids regarding a minor bully at school and just ignore them.

2) Men should not be wearing capri pants.  We should all honor Payne Stuart by concluding that he was the last man alive who could pull off the plus-fours and put a moratorium on men's lower body clothing that ends above the ankle but more than an inch below the knee.

Yup, he was a jerk or at least an uninvited annoying guest to a party.   Sometimes I get this, too.   I think I will have to mentally prepare to snap back at these jerks when these things come up.

On a muddy field, I wear my soccer socks and put them over my pants up to just below my knee.   Is that same as paying tribute to Payne (pun intended)?

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Originally Posted by PJGNYC

If you were witty, you'd have pointed out that they were in fact his wife's pants.

Genius.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Play my first tournament on the weekend. bother by an incident at the 16 hole. We were waiting when the group behind catches up to us and one of the members of that group, ( the are all strangers) targets me and says" hey those pants look like the one my wife wears"  Now Im wearing grey casual capri pants, nothing too outlandish , and Im thinking to myself " what does he care?'

The correct response would be "yeah, they are your wife's pants.  In a rush to make my tee time I grabbed hers off the bedroom floor instead of mine."

In my bag:

Driver: Covert Performance
Super Hybrid : :nike: 2H - 17* Covert Performance

Irons: :nike:Covert 4I - PW

Wedges: :nike:X3X Wedges (52*, 56*, 60*)

Putter: Method Core 1i

Ball: :nike:One RZN

Upgrading Always.

Play my first tournament on the weekend. bother by an incident at the 16 hole. We were waiting when the group behind catches up to us and one of the members of that group, ( the are all strangers) targets me and says" hey those pants look like the one my wife wears"  Now Im wearing grey casual capri pants, nothing too outlandish , and Im thinking to myself " what does he care?' Anyway, I just smile and doing my thing as Im getting ready to set up my tee ball. After I hit , he agains starts yapping and say " did you know you tee up ahead of the tee markers?" now I was getting a agitated, i told here, this is my tee right at the markers and he spots a another tee a foot ahead. I start argue that he's mistaken. Then I look at my playing partners, who look dumbfounded and didnt notice anything out of the ordinary.  I wait to see what they say. None of them care. Finally one says "it doesnt matter" We continue on our way. I dont think about it till after the round, but this guy seem like a straight A-hole. I dont sure I what to do next time. But he certainly was messing with my head. If if was buddy that I knew was joking around then I dont care.

Just tell him you must've grabbed his wife's pants by mistake when you left his bed this morning. :-D **Edit** after reading the thread I see that this response has already been brought up. i don't care though, it's still friggin funny.:-P

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Hope the OP can rock his capris in confidence now.  I think the general consensus here from myself and many others would be to attribute your wearing of capris to your opponent's wife's infidelity.

Play my first tournament on the weekend. bother by an incident at the 16 hole. We were waiting when the group behind catches up to us and one of the members of that group, ( the are all strangers) targets me and says" hey those pants look like the one my wife wears"  Now Im wearing grey casual capri pants, nothing too outlandish , and Im thinking to myself " what does he care?'

Anyway, I just smile and doing my thing as Im getting ready to set up my tee ball.

After I hit , he agains starts yapping and say " did you know you tee up ahead of the tee markers?" now I was getting a agitated, i told here, this is my tee right at the markers and he spots a another tee a foot ahead. I start argue that he's mistaken. Then I look at my playing partners, who look dumbfounded and didnt notice anything out of the ordinary.  I wait to see what they say. None of them care. Finally one says "it doesnt matter"

We continue on our way. I dont think about it till after the round, but this guy seem like a straight A-hole.

I dont sure I what to do next time. But he certainly was messing with my head. If if was buddy that I knew was joking around then I dont care.

Fail

Note: This thread is 3900 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!