IGNORED

Dufner a 'snuff sucker'?

joekelly
Note: This thread is 3731 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's always funny to watch announcers bend over backwards NOT to mention something like this when it's so obvious.  Meanwhile, you'll see them blow up anything remotely objectionable that someone like Tiger might do.  All of a sudden saying 'GD' after a bad shot is totally unacceptable.  It's hilarious!

nike.gif  VR-S Covert 10.5*

nike.gif  SQ2 15*

Idea Black Hybrid, 19*

mizuno.gif  MP54, 4-PW

vokey.gif SM 50*, 54*, 58*

nike.gif  Method 001

nike.gif  RZN One

I was at the Masters Tournament for the Thursday round this year, and Dufner spit on the tee box of #12 in Amen Corner.  The crowd collectively groaned because it seemed that a.) he was spitting on almost holy ground and b.) the tee boxes and fairways are like perfectly vacuumed carpet, and it left a giant brown spot that ruined the aesthetics.  I'm a big Dufner fan, but dipping at Augusta National just ain't right.

I was at the Masters Tournament for the Thursday round this year, and Dufner spit on the tee box of #12 in Amen Corner.  The crowd collectively groaned because it seemed that a.) he was spitting on almost holy ground and b.) the tee boxes and fairways are like perfectly vacuumed carpet, and it left a giant brown spot that ruined the aesthetics.  I'm a big Dufner fan, but dipping at Augusta National just ain't right.

One little, temporary, brown spot ruined a tee box ruined the aesthetics? Come on.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp

It wasn't that long ago that players smoked on the golf course. Doubt that many players put their butts in ash cans. I doubt that AGNC banned cigarettes.

Originally Posted by colin007

And to imagine, that hot piece of ass wife of his lets him kiss her with that mouth...

I am not a professional golfer but my fiancee loves the taste of copenhagen on my lips.

I dont think a little spit is gonna mess up a tee box, I dont care if it is Augusta. Its funny seeing how some freak out about someone dipping, he lives in AL over half the population dips. They dont show it on the TV anymore but a lot of the guys still smoke cigs as well!

• 4 months later...

Fat, out of shape, tobacco-lipped guy who needs a haircut has become the PGA's poster boy - guess he's someone weekend hacks can related to (like John Daly and Boo Weekley) unlike billionaire adulterous TW.

http://ispot.tv/a/7Zaf

http://www.pgatour.com/video.html/2013/08/01/these-guys-are-good--jason-dufner#ooid=V4OWlyZDqmyMUt4xXCPAJtunBbdVtXGL

Fat, out of shape, tobacco-lipped Down to earth, likable, excellent golfing, guy who needs a haircut with great hair has become the PGA's poster boy - guess he's someone weekend hacks everybody can relate to (nothing like John Daly and  but a little like Boo Weekley) unlike billionaire adulterous TW.

Fixed that for you.  Also, that is a very confusing post, as you seem to hate 'em all.  Are there any golfers you actually like?

Hah....Big League Chew + Actual Chewing Tobacco = a screwball...haven't had one in a few years

Did not know that had a name.  Dabbled in dip and chewing tobacco as an idiotic wannabe baseball star in high school, but gave that up right quick.

I know that last weekend when he played the Maui tourney, they showed him spitting at least twice that I saw. IMHO, wasn't good camera work, and it looked fairly Gross.

Darren Clarke smoked his way to win The Open in 2011:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-2030877/Smoking-drug-taking-banned-warns-anti-doping-chief.html

The TV cameras did their best not to show it, but he was caught on camera plenty of times.

Not the best example to kids or a nice thing to see (And that's coming from a smoker)

I know that last weekend when he played the Maui tourney, they showed him spitting at least twice that I saw. IMHO, wasn't good camera work, and it looked fairly Gross.

not the camera man's job to keep dufner's nasty habit off the camera - it's up to dufner to give it up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer 4

not the camera man's job to keep dufner's nasty habit off the camera - it's up to dufner to give it up

It's up to the camera man and the network to determine what footage is broadcast. It's not really a good habit, but he's well within his rights to use smokeless tobacco during a round. I certainly don't think it's a reason to dislike the guy. Despite (and some may say because of) his little habit, he seems to be one of the most likable guys on the tour.

Tyler Martin

It's up to the camera man and the network to determine what footage is broadcast. It's not really a good habit, but he's well within his rights to use smokeless tobacco during a round. I certainly don't think it's a reason to dislike the guy. Despite (and some may say because of) his little habit, he seems to be one of the most likable guys on the tour.

I realize that. I didn't mean to imply that I didn't like the guy. Off course I hear Duff is a riot.

[QUOTE name="geauxforbroke" url="/t/69226/dufner-a-snuff-sucker/18#post_938993"]   It's up to the camera man and the network to determine what footage is broadcast. It's not really a good habit, but he's well within his rights to use smokeless tobacco during a round. I certainly don't think it's a reason to dislike the guy. Despite (and some may say because of) his little habit, he seems to be one of the most likable guys on the tour.  [/QUOTE] I realize that. I didn't mean to imply that I didn't like the guy. Off course I hear Duff is a riot.

Sorry, my post was really just directed toward Rick Martin's post. Should have deleted your post from my quote.

Tyler Martin

Sorry, my post was really just directed toward Rick Martin's post. Should have deleted your post from my quote.

No worries. Just trying to up my post count..LOL

• 2 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 3731 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!