IGNORED

Dufner a 'snuff sucker'?

joekelly
Note: This thread is 3728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Funny guy ... hope he gets off the snuff before he's 50.

Work in OK occasionally ... first meeting almost 3 years ago, about 15 people, 6-7 guys were dipping.

They had some health people come in eventually ... of the 6-7, only 2 are now dipping, and one of those works out of Dallas. lol.

I hated throwing anything in the trash. If you didn't set it in the trash, the dip might splash up on you....

disgusting... to me ... but it's a way for guys to relax, and to others, it's just habit...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There are a lot of us on the course that can have a moderate size chew and never spit once! After I quit smoking a pack of Lucky Strikes per day I chewed a bit. Took a couple of months but I never juiced up and needed to spit. To be fair tho I never did do a Duf sized load that would get to the green three steps before I did.

There are a lot of us on the course that can have a moderate size chew and never spit once! After I quit smoking a pack of Lucky Strikes per day I chewed a bit. Took a couple of months but I never juiced up and needed to spit. To be fair tho I never did do a Duf sized load that would get to the green three steps before I did.

I've dipped for years and I've never been able to "gut" it without any type of discomfort. It just didn't bother you?

Stayed right in place. Never swallowed a single drop. If I took a drink of beer tho it would work loose and I could feel it burn my esophagus. I know guys that can eat dinner and chew at the same time. Amazing. Not for me but amazing in its own right. I aspire to developing loftier talents. lol

I know guys that can eat dinner and chew at the same time.

I'm not one to disparage the bad habits of others but, God Damn, that is nasty !!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I've dipped for years and I've never been able to "gut" it without any type of discomfort. It just didn't bother you?

I gave it up but I used to dip (Skoal, long cut straight was my favorite) and never spit.   Leaf tobacco was another story altogether though.   That stuff would make me sick even if I spat.

I never could manage a dip while eating but I could leave a dip in while drinking without issues at all.   Hell, on occasion I even left it in while sleeping.

What prompted me to quit was seeing a guy with half his jaw missing because of the stuff.   That's when I decided to quit, I did it "cold turkey" and after a day or so, it wasn't too bad.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

My wife knew my hiding places. I would find empty cans with notes. Sometimes she would just throw empty cans at me. You can guess where she aimed. hehe. Then she solved the problem for me. She said it was okay for me to chew. One stipulation tho...any given day I chewed I would not get any. I stopped. I have priorities ya know.

My wife knew my hiding places. I would find empty cans with notes. Sometimes she would just throw empty cans at me. You can guess where she aimed. hehe. Then she solved the problem for me. She said it was okay for me to chew. One stipulation tho...any given day I chewed I would not get any. I stopped. I have priorities ya know.

That's a woman who cares about you.

Colin P.

Never smoked or used any tobacco products. I have had crew members that smoked. I quickly made a rule no smoking in the Wheelhouse. Go outside if you have to smoke. I had a guy who decided to start chewing. The stench of that was just as bad as smelling the smoke. So new rule no smoking or chewing in the wheelhouse.

Could never understand why a non-smoking woman would want to go out with smoker or chewer. Dufner's wife probably smokes I would guess.

It wasn't that long ago that players smoked on the golf course. Doubt that many players put their butts in ash cans. I doubt that AGNC banned cigarettes.

I still see John Daley smoking like a furnace.

I was at the Masters Tournament for the Thursday round this year, and Dufner spit on the tee box of #12 in Amen Corner.  The crowd collectively groaned because it seemed that a.) he was spitting on almost holy ground and b.) the tee boxes and fairways are like perfectly vacuumed carpet, and it left a giant brown spot that ruined the aesthetics.  I'm a big Dufner fan, but dipping at Augusta National just ain't right.

You always hear about stupid rules in golf and I agree there are a lot of them. But I would suggest that spitting on either a tee box or a green should invoke a 2 stroke penalty. There is no reason why a golfer should have to pick up a ball that has rolled through a blob of flem. It is unhealthy.

You always hear about stupid rules in golf and I agree there are a lot of them. But I would suggest that spitting on either a tee box or a green should invoke a 2 stroke penalty. There is no reason why a golfer should have to pick up a ball that has rolled through a blob of flem. It is unhealthy.

Stroke penalty only if spit on your driver to make it an unsanctioned 461.

So, could the affects of tobacco use on the course be likened to using a beta blocker? I know they are not the same medically, but most people that use tobacco would state that it helps calm them in stressful situations. I wonder if tobacco has a measurable affect on users or if it's just a feeling. Beta Blockers have a measurable affect on blood pressure. Probably off topic.

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

So, could the affects of tobacco use on the course be likened to using a beta blocker? I know they are not the same medically, but most people that use tobacco would state that it helps calm them in stressful situations. I wonder if tobacco has a measurable affect on users or if it's just a feeling. Beta Blockers have a measurable affect on blood pressure. Probably off topic.

Definitely not a beta blocker. Increases heart rate and blood pressure. Constricted blood vessels and is full of sodium! Plays on nicotine receptors. More addictive than heroine. Makes you think you have calmed down but then ramps you up so you will soon need another fix to make you think you have calmed down. My wife is a board certified cardiac nurse. She really lectures me on the tobacco!! It is a vicious cycle with this stuff. No matter how long I abstain I know I will always want it.

Note: This thread is 3728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!