IGNORED

2013 Solheim Cup Discussion Thread

Tontj5
Note: This thread is 3878 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by TJBam

American girls are acting like spoiled bitches and also can't putt.

I am tired of seeing the constant head hanging. One girl leaves a 40 ft eagle putt 1.5ft short for easy birdie. She hangs her head and acts like the putt would've gone in on any other day. Give me a break.

And let's not even talk about Paula Creamer's putting!!

Creamer finally figured out that she's better off to be in the bunker than putting.

Wie gets interviewed and still has her sunglasses on. The guy doing the interview covered it up by bringing it up and sayig it was the emotion of the moment.

Ping G20 iron

Ping G20 pitching,sand and approach wedges

Ping G25 driver

Adams 19* and 22* hybrid

Ping G25 3 wood

Ping Karsten putter

Ping pioneer cart bag

Bridgestone E6

Wie really is kind of disgusting. She acts like a full on self-absorbed person, but that could just be my opinion.

Europes girls were wayyy hotter than the Americans.. glad the Europes got the win, more face time in the interviews.

Oh, but I watched it for the golf.

Originally Posted by barbm12thtee

"Outfits"? What's wrong with the US Women's team uniforms?

Half of the girls were bulging out of them. Did you watch Saturday's round? The Euros had nice clothes, but the Americans had like basketball clothes on.. I mean, come on.

But I watch it for the golf.

Originally Posted by Kelzzy

Half of the girls were bulging out of them. Did you watch Saturday's round? The Euros had nice clothes, but the Americans had like basketball clothes on.. I mean, come on.

But I watch it for the golf.

I saw nothing wrong with the outfits if they could have backed it up. Our best was not there to win there's were plan and simple.

Back sportsmanship is what got me the most, it just shows the rest of the world what they all ready think, America is full of itself.

Golf is one of the last greats sports and our team did not represent America right very disappointing.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

The outfits the ladies wore were fine. Nothing at all wrong with them and to those that complain take it up with Antigua. No need to pile on at this point. The stupid antics along with the clown paint on most of the US ladies faces are plenty to bag on. Maybe this is the embarrassing kick in the arse they needed. And another thing I'm sure I'm the only one but I think Michelle Wie justified her pick.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

W[quote name="VinnieL" url="/t/69230/2013-solheim-cup-discussion-thread/60#post_884701"]Wie gets interviewed and still has her sunglasses on. The guy doing the interview covered it up by bringing it up and sayig it was the emotion of the moment.   [/quote] With the caked on makeup and the dramatic skirt leg splitting etc. Wie is in it for Wie and not America. Very self absorbed as our young friend above points out.

Originally Posted by hacker101

I saw nothing wrong with the outfits if they could have backed it up. Our best was not there to win there's were plan and simple.

Back sportsmanship is what got me the most, it just shows the rest of the world what they all ready think, America is full of itself.

Golf is one of the last greats sports and our team did not represent America right very disappointing.

Christina Kim did not play this year... what are you talking about, tight outfits? Besides, Natalie Gulbis cancelled out Kim.

They might have added some charm and energy to this bunch.

Perhaps this butt-kicking will get them to work on their game ...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am very disappointed we lost but the Europeans played better so they deserved the cup. i do agree with most of the posts about us not coming off very sportsman like. The clothes were ok not very flattering om the ladies but not terrible. Maybe we can reclaim in 2 yrs.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Christina Kim did not play this year... what are you talking about, tight outfits? Besides, Natalie Gulbis cancelled out Kim.

They might have added some charm and energy to this bunch.

Perhaps this butt-kicking will get them to work on their game ...

I could care less what they ware, tight or lose, win or not it is how they played the game, it was piss poor!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Originally Posted by hacker101

I could care less what they ware, tight or lose, win or not it is how they played the game, it was piss poor!

I was ...

joking to make light of a miserable, piss poor showing by the American women.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I have to say, sitting at the 11th green, watching the first two (maybe three, I forget) Americans three-putt from a nearly identical position was painful. I feel bad for Paula Creamer though, she looked near tears when walking off of that green.

I had given up my spot at 11 to head to 18 when the first group reached 16 and managed to get one of the best seats right up at the ropes just left of the green so I could see the slope. Unfortunately, I was disappointed when the only group I was able to see (left at the rain delay due to expensive food) was Stacy Lewis and Anna Nordqvist.

We lost, but the Euros sure did make alot of lucky putts... The tour average is 50% at 8ft and these girls were sinking 20 footers all day, definitely got some lucky breaks.

Jeeze!   If I didn't know better I'd think this was some sort of ladies forum with all the comments about how people dressed and make up.  For me the the bottom line was the Euros just outplayed the Americans, especially on the greens.  I don't know why this year the behavior seemed sort of UN-sportsman like to me, especially by our side (I'm an American).  Seemed like after the rule official made the mistake with the lateral hazard ruling the Americans just never got over it and that is no ones fault but their own.  Crap happens and you'd expect a bunch of golf professionals to be able to recover from a bad break and to re-enter the competition.  But for me, while there were some notable individual performances, overall the American team just didn't play to their potential and the Euros did.  Oh well maybe in a couple of years if I'm still around I'll see an American Women's win.

Butch

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

I was ...

joking  to make light of a miserable, piss poor showing by the American women.

No worry it was a real bummer.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Watching this Solheim Cup I thought about the greens most of the LPGA events are played on, and how these greens at Colorado CC are a lot tougher with both slope and speed. It showed, just unfortunately mostly with the Americans.

I have never been much of a Michelle Wei fan. I think her father was a task master of sorts. I was on the golf driving range at my club tonight and I'm all the way on the one side of it when one of the members brings his son up and starts to just brow beat the kid. He must have brought up four to five buckets of balls, and he's all over the young boy. Every swing is met with a barrage of criticism. I have seen this many times with this father, and tonight it was so bad I moved to the other side of the range. I told one of the young guys collecting baskets that this poor kid would never truly "love" the game. It made me think of Wei. The game is really mental for her now - that table top putting style is a byproduct, but I wonder if she loves it anymore the way you know the Euro girls love it.

Anyway, I love match play golf. But ya gotta make some putts! Maybe instead of all the lovey, dovey soapy stuff next time, just show up and play some golf. The rest will take care of itself.

Note: This thread is 3878 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!