IGNORED

New here/Wanting to post about someone turning pro someday

GHIN0011458
Note: This thread is 3876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I certainly have no problem with someone posting about their game, their fast climb to +5 or scratch or whatever and trying to achieve going pro. Simply back up your statements with video of your swing, documented evidence of tournaments you have competed in and so on. I've read more than one thread on this subject but haven't seen the pudding - the proof is in the pudding.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by pepsiplusconker

I would say 7 - 8, I know that is a decent sized gap but I have been tracking my scores and posting them in, but it hasn't been updated yet. It's a course handicap too.

If I play any course around my way and shoot more than +10 I would say it wasn't a great round for me.

I didn't literally pick a club up a year ago, I hacked around a little when I was 12-13, then started again 2 years ago with some friends who just picked up the game, broke 100 after a couple of rounds. I got my membership a year ago which is when I started getting serious and playing twice a week.

I'm curious about this.  You would say that your handicap is 7-8. You can shoot 2 over and 10 over is a bad score.  Your profile says you are a 20 cap.  And you have been "posting them in, but it hasn't updated yet".  Handicaps aren't vague like 7-8 and they update every two weeks.  And as far as I know a course handicap is just your handicap index adjusted for the difficulty of the course for play that day.  Can you clarify what you are talking about?

I don't believe you. Post some links to your big tournament wins. Also post your swing let's see it.

Isn't his name Ghin0011458? I would think you could look it up. To the person who said that there are a lot of players who are 7 years younger, I have seen them play. They are really incredible. However, Ghin0011458 seems to be able to place in tournaments even with the pressures of family life etc. GHIN if you ever come to So. Cal., you could find lots of clients out here. There are plenty of 20+ cappers who could use a good coach with an inspiring story as yours. Just get PGA certified to teach.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Looked up OP's ghin and looks really good.  A couple tournaments played at even par - awesome!! Looks like he can play under pressure, and impressive while juggling life, family, etc.

Would really enjoy a swing video to put a swing to the number.

Originally Posted by Meltdwhiskey

I'm curious about this.  You would say that your handicap is 7-8. You can shoot 2 over and 10 over is a bad score.  Your profile says you are a 20 cap.  And you have been "posting them in, but it hasn't updated yet".  Handicaps aren't vague like 7-8 and they update every two weeks.  And as far as I know a course handicap is just your handicap index adjusted for the difficulty of the course for play that day.  Can you clarify what you are talking about?

+2 was my best round ever bearing in mind and a +3 a while before this, I think it has been coming though, had a 78, 79, 79 and 2 80s recently, with blow up holes, so this time I just avoided those triples and doubles.

OK, I will get full clarification when the HC manager gets back, I admit, I am guessing a little, I could be wrong, but it won't be by much, although, 2 strokes is alot at the low digits so...... I'll find out for sure next week when the fella is back from his holidays.

One thing, is it standard to only post competition rounds towards your handicap, or all rounds you play. I ask this because I haven't played a comp yet, but I try to post every single round I play, so its an accurate representation. No doubt the comp nerves will get me though.

Originally Posted by pepsiplusconker

+2 was my best round ever bearing in mind and a +3 a while before this, I think it has been coming though, had a 78, 79, 79 and 2 80s recently, with blow up holes, so this time I just avoided those triples and doubles.

OK, I will get full clarification when the HC manager gets back, I admit, I am guessing a little, I could be wrong, but it won't be by much, although, 2 strokes is alot at the low digits so...... I'll find out for sure next week when the fella is back from his holidays.

One thing, is it standard to only post competition rounds towards your handicap, or all rounds you play. I ask this because I haven't played a comp yet, but I try to post every single round I play, so its an accurate representation. No doubt the comp nerves will get me though.

I'd be interested to hear what he has to say.  My handicap is through my club - and the GSGA.  I get an update every two weeks via email and it is to the tenth. And I think that is true for basically everyone that has a handicap.

But with the scores you mention - and assuming a medium course rating and slope - your handicap looks more like a 6.  That is some fantastic golf.  Not a lot of 6's out there that have been playing for a year or two.

As far as I know, you are supposed to enter every score played under the rules of golf.

Originally Posted by Meltdwhiskey

I'd be interested to hear what he has to say.  My handicap is through my club - and the GSGA.  I get an update every two weeks via email and it is to the tenth. And I think that is true for basically everyone that has a handicap.

But with the scores you mention - and assuming a medium course rating and slope - your handicap looks more like a 6.  That is some fantastic golf.  Not a lot of 6's out there that have been playing for a year or two.

As far as I know, you are supposed to enter every score played under the rules of golf.

My course isn't too hard though, we have 27 holes and a combination of 4 courses, so I'm playing about 6,200 on average, so I think it will probably be more like 8 - 9 now I think about it more.

I think they are supposed to email me, but I had one initial email when I first posted cards, then nothing since, after which I have posted another 12 cards or so.

The championship course is a par 73, 7,200 from the tips, so I think I will give that a go next time I play and see how I score for real.

Is a British HC worked out the same, and applied the same as an American one?

Originally Posted by Mulligan Jeff

I certainly have no problem with someone posting about their game, their fast climb to +5 or scratch or whatever and trying to achieve going pro. Simply back up your statements with video of your swing, documented evidence of tournaments you have competed in and so on. I've read more than one thread on this subject but haven't seen the pudding - the proof is in the pudding.

Well I have never actually taped my swing.. but I can get that done in the next week or so I guess.

But here or some Links.. My name is Dan Greiner my GHIN is 0011458 like my username(I did that so people can look me up before calling BS because there are a lot of haters out here) But I have no problems with giving some links to scores. Here are a few links for you:

https://www.birchcreekgc.com/files/2012/02/BC-Championship-Recap-and-Payouts.pdf

That is my 4th place 112 over 27 holes. 4 over total on a course from the tips (you can look up the scorecard if you want the course is called Birch Creek)

http://ghintpp.com/maga/TPPOnlineScoring/ResultsStroke.aspx?id=120

Here is the Normandie Am, Shot 82 and 81. Please take a look at my second round back nine.. horrible finished Triple Birdie Double Double Double.

This is a tournament with the top am players in St. Louis and Illinois area. First tournament back.

US AM Pub Links qualifier:

http://ghintpp.com/maga/TPPOnlineScoring/ResultsStroke.aspx?id=134 Finished with 4 straight bogeys the second day to shoot a good round.

To the guy who says I said I won all these events.. I haven't, I don't recalling saying I have won anything. I am still getting my competitive rounds down. I can post plenty more if you would like.. Oh I will throw in a college round for you:

http://golfstat.com/2010-2011/men/mtourfl10/M9595.htm

The first link above I am playing in the same tournament this weekend. I can keep you updated if you would like and post those rounds as well.

Anyways, I will work on getting the swing recorded. But I do know if you asked Tommy Gainey for his swing, would you really say he is on the PGA Tour? I have a pretty simple and efficient swing I built myself with no lessons.

If you need anything else just let me know.

Quote:
I have no idea how anyone shoots in the 100's.. to me that is crazy. Play every hole with a lay up and you should still only shoot 90-95.

I hate you the most.

Quote:
Second, I would like to point out how easy it is for mortals to shoot over a hundred.  You didn't factor mishits into your equation above.  Imagine a tee shot on a par 4 that goes into the woods.  Then the next tee shot is a grounder that goes 50 yards.  Then the fourth shot is a chunk.  The fifth shot is topped.  There is nothing unusual about this for a beginner.  It can easily take one of us six or seven strokes for a normal beginner to get even close to the green.

As a first year golfer, this is my life.  I consider any hole where I don't lose count of my strokes (or pick up the ball out of frustration) a success.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

You should register www.TheGHIN0011458Plan.com

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

Originally Posted by chriskzoo

You should register www.TheGHIN0011458Plan.com

Lol that made me laugh. I would never get the following of "The Dan Plan" I actually found out about that guy about 6 months ago and have gotten on his page every so often. I am rooting for him.. looks like he has made some solid progress just wish he would post total scores a little more.

Originally Posted by GHIN0011458

Lol that made me laugh. I would never get the following of "The Dan Plan" I actually found out about that guy about 6 months ago and have gotten on his page every so often. I am rooting for him.. looks like he has made some solid progress just wish he would post total scores a little more.

You wouldn't post tournament scores in the high 90s either...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Originally Posted by krupa

I hate you the most.

As a first year golfer, this is my life.  I consider any hole where I don't lose count of my strokes (or pick up the ball out of frustration) a success.

Try using an iron off the tee - like a 6i, land in fairway, hit a couple of wedges to the front of the green, pitch, putt for bogey/double. Stay out of woods.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by GHIN0011458

Is that what he is shooting?

He's a vanity capper.  Has never broken 80 in a tournament (read: witnesses) as far as we can tell.

These are his most recent.

T Date Score CR/Slope Diff.
AI 8/13 84 71.9/137 10.0
AI 8/13 86 71.9/137 11.6
AI 7/13 89 71.6/128 15.4
AI 7/13 86 73.0/133 11.0
TI 7/13 85 73.0/133 10.2
TI 7/13 92 73.0/133 16.1
TI 7/13 84 73.0/133 9.3
AI 6/13 78 70.3/128 6.8
AI 6/13 77 72.0/128 4.4
CI 6/13 87 72.2/136 12.3

To OP I must say... you are my new Dan.  Go Dan aka GHIN0011458!

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Try using an iron off the tee - like a 6i, land in fairway, hit a couple of wedges to the front of the green, pitch, putt for bogey/double. Stay out of woods.

Thanks!  I will give that a try this weekend.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Originally Posted by TJBam

He's a vanity capper.  Has never broken 80 in a tournament (read: witnesses) as far as we can tell.

These are his most recent.

T

Date

Score

CR/Slope

Diff.

AI

8/13

71.9/137

AI

8/13

71.9/137

AI

7/13

71.6/128

AI

7/13

73.0/133

TI

7/13

73.0/133

TI

7/13

73.0/133

TI

7/13

73.0/133

AI

6/13

70.3/128

AI

6/13

72.0/128

CI

6/13

72.2/136

To OP I must say... you are my new Dan.  Go Dan aka GHIN0011458!

The good news is he still has 5,604 hours to go. I am still rooting for him.. I have no idea how he does it financially though. If I could figure that out I would give it a go for sure.

Note: This thread is 3876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!