IGNORED

New here/Wanting to post about someone turning pro someday

GHIN0011458
Note: This thread is 3876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by GHIN0011458

haha why do people dislike the guy? he is testing a theory.. doesn't look like it is working out quite yet.

Save that question for after you read one of the Dan Plan threads.  Don't wanna derail this one with that discussion.

I didn't know if you were saying I had a website.. I don't. I can blog on here now that I signed up

He was subtly suggesting that you had passed the threshold in your post where you still had the opportunity to write "long story short."

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.birchcreekgc.com/files/2012/02/BC-Championship-Recap-and-Payouts.pdf

That is my 4th place 112 over 27 holes. 4 over total on a course from the tips (you can look up the scorecard if you want the course is called Birch Creek)

I played at Birch Creek one time. We saw the sign from the interstate and stopped and played a round.

Shot a 76. About normal for me.

Originally Posted by MS256

I played at Birch Creek one time. We saw the sign from the interstate and stopped and played a round.

Shot a 76. About normal for me.

It is a decent course basically in the middle of nowhere. I signed up for 2 more individual tournaments this year. I want to start a thread asking if anyone knows about upcoming cash scrables/calcuttas/ or individual events in their area.. but will wait until next season is about to start.. maybe travel a few hours to play in some stuff.

Good to hear your story Dan,

I'm guessing the type of pro you are thinking of is one who plays tournaments and tries to win prize money?

I think you are gaining a perspective on how difficult it really is.  Play more top level amateur tournaments like that USGA publinks qualifier

Win it, go play it, make match play. Win your state amateur, Mid am, basically kick ass all summer in any top tournament you enter.

Then you turn pro and play against all the guys who have done that from all over the country. Break even on whatever mini tour you play and your on your way!

Not trying to be an ass  but Tommy Gainey stories are few and far between.  I do like your idea of playing in money matches though,  that might make you grow real quick.  Hey wait didn't Gainey do that?   It's never too late....

Originally Posted by Alfa 115

Good to hear your story Dan,

I'm guessing the type of pro you are thinking of is one who plays tournaments and tries to win prize money?

I think you are gaining a perspective on how difficult it really is.  Play more top level amateur tournaments like that USGA publinks qualifier

Win it, go play it, make match play. Win your state amateur, Mid am, basically kick ass all summer in any top tournament you enter.

Then you turn pro and play against all the guys who have done that from all over the country. Break even on whatever mini tour you play and your on your way!

Not trying to be an ass  but Tommy Gainey stories are few and far between.  I do like your idea of playing in money matches though,  that might make you grow real quick.  Hey wait didn't Gainey do that?   It's never too late....

Yeah I played in one pro event this year the Metropolitan Open(as an amateur of course).. Last year it gave out world ranking points for amateurs and there were mostly pros in the field this year. I shot 75 first day which I was happy with because the guy I played with who does play those mini-tours matched me. But yeah I know I have a long way to go.. I am just thinking if I can get this far in 5 years I want to go at it pretty hard the next 5 years and if I feel I am in the position where if I play well I can win a mini tour event then I will go that route. Either way, I would regret it if I didn't at least attempt.

A lot of guys say their are young kids that are just as good and that is totally true. I know a 15 year old and we pretty much match scores in tournaments this year.. the question I have for that is what is the difference? 10 years of practice is 10 years of practice no matter your age.. and especially quality practice. What if this kid gets burnt out in Junior/Senior year of high school to go and have fun and revisits the game 6 years down the road.. you never know.

I have a good story about that actually.. this kid Andy Aherling was in Golf Digest as a 13 year old as the #2 junior his age in the United States.. well we both ended up playing college golf and now he shoots 80-87 in tournaments when he shows up.. His parents had a butt ton of money and he just went and partied and made golf secondary... Anyways that is just saying that the story goes both ways.

Note: This thread is 3876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!