IGNORED

Shafts

Micah
Note: This thread is 3878 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have an old set o ping g5 irons that need reshafting. The club heads are dinged up pretty bad as Ive played many rounds with them. Ifound out it would cost about 400.00 to get them reshafted and gripped so I went out and bought a brand new set of Adams 1208 4 through gw and they perform better than my g5s ever did. The classic cavity back design with the nice thick sole gives the clubs great feel upon impact. The design reminded me of my g5s yet were on sale for 299.00. They originally retailed for 499.00. Before you decide to refurbish an old set do some research. There really are good deals out there if you take the time to look.

An old pro once told me this....."No matter what youre going through in life....Never sell your golf clubs."

Hey man,

I totally agree- but you can reshaft it yourself and save a bunch of dough. But glad you found some better irons!

Do it yourself! I reshafted a set of irons last year and its pretty darn easy, and actually quite a bit of fun. You'll need:

Epoxy

New Shafts (make sure the tip is the right size for your hosel)

A hacksaw (to cut them to the proper length)

220 sandpaper to rough the tip up

Drill (to clean out the old glue from the hosel)

Heat gun (heat up the hosel to break bond of the old glue)

It saved me a couple hundred dollars. And the guys at my local shop had most of the gear, and were really helpful. Also check out youtube for videos on how to do it.

Enjoy!

J

Thanks for the feedback bro. Abuddy of mine is a golfsmith the only problem was the stock Ping shafts were like 50 bucks a pop but youre right....if you end up saving money if the club heads are still in great shape then yeah Id just reshaft and sharpen the grooves.

An old pro once told me this....."No matter what youre going through in life....Never sell your golf clubs."

Note: This thread is 3878 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!