IGNORED

What Ball type and color do you prefer so you can see it easier when using a Driver ?

Note: This thread is 3599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by WhySoSerious

Srixon TriSpeed Tours in white, yellow golf balls just seem so..........toylike, it negates the grave importance of everything going on there. I mean, I wear a special glove and special shoes for this, these aren't toys!

Like These?....

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

1 Nike (either PD Long, Mojo or One RZN).  I tried yellow balls but didnt find them to be any easier to spot than the white ones.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by Sprocket

I'm capable of hitting the ball 300 plus yards and that white ball is dam near impossible to follow when playing golf by your self !  If you hit long drives like I do ,   you would think differently I'm sure !!!!!!!

On a good day, with the wind at my back, and the sun at precisely 47.69* from the horizon, I can hit my 9 iron 215+ yards.

I like a colored ball because my home course is usually well speckled with seagull feathers, and has a few blind tee shots, both of which make finding your ball a little bit more of a challenge.  Plus, if somebody takes a mulligan, we make him hit a pink ball for the rest of the hole.

• 1 month later...

i actually check my shots with GPS from where i hit it to where it ends   taking off the roll of ball   ,etc......     i know exactly how far i can hit a golf ball with every club ,   no guessing to it !!!

Quote:
However, I play Srixon Q Star in white because the yellow option is a darker yellow with a touch of green that for me makes it harder to see. If they made the Q Star in a lighter shade of yellow I would use it.

Yesterday I used the Srixon Q Star in yellow and loved the ball but it was a bitch to find the ball whether it was in the rough or under leaves in the fairway.   My partners didn't have any trouble finding a white ball.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Following the ball when playing alone is often hard regardless of the color. I hit a lot of shots that I have no idea where there went. Could be straight down the middle or could be somewhere else.

To find the ball, I like yellow. Avoids confusion and is easiest on my mostly treeless course.

If you really are playing alone and having a hard time following your 300 yard drives, try hitting an iron so you can follow and find the ball easier.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Whatever you say the coloured balls are easier to see for us with a few years and fading eyesight!

Sorry....55 and blind, but I see white just as well. Plus, it's golf , not tennis! :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Woohoo congratulations too awesome. I guess they just make colored balls cos they can market to a different demographic. Thats also why you see so many white hi vis vests on construction sites I guess... Not!

Woohoo congratulations too awesome. I guess they just make colored balls cos they can market to a different demographic. Thats also why you see so many white hi vis vests on construction sites I guess... Not!

Hey, if it works for you, use whatever color you like. My wife has some nice pink ones that she like too, so I understand. :-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

We all get the traditional white ball thing, but some can live with the colored ball when we can see it land and a white one just disappears in mid air. The majority moved on from steel spikes, persimmon woods, butter knife thin blades etc Whats in a ball color!

Note: This thread is 3599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!