IGNORED

Advice Needed

AnAvidGolfer
Note: This thread is 3887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by AnAvidGolfer

I have some other carry stats.

sw 110

pw 135

9i 145

8i 155

7i 165

6i 180

5i 195

4i 205 getting rid of

3i 215 getting rid of

3iron and 4iron are/ have been replaced by a 3 wood and a hybrid

Improved my carry by a long way

3 wood carry around 250-260 strong hook kill the carry

hybrid not yet known i guess around 240 carry

I am also looking to get a new driver will update when i go to the store and choose the best on numbers

How far are these distances of tour pros because i would like to have a better understanding of my golf although golf is the art of scoring not how far you hit my pro is trying to stop me focusing on distance!

Thanks in advance

The following are Luke Donald's numbers according to Golf Digest. Let's assume they are carry numbers. Even a "novice" like you can see that you compare well in Carry numbers. Obviously anyone who's played this game enough can tell you there's a lot more to golf than smashing a ball towards Pro levels.

SW: 107

PW: 130

9i: 146

8i: 160

7i: 168

6i: 182

5i: 195

4i: 205

3i: 215

Hybrid 17*: 235

3 wood: 260

Driver: 280

Are the numbers you posted consistent? If so, I'll say you don't need advise from an internet forum, go get one from a club pro. For some reason tho, I think you already know that.

Secondly, if you are hitting a 3 wood 250-260 before a "strong hook kills the carry", you might also know better than you're letting on.

Lastly, if you really need help, feel free to upload a video of your swing. I'm sure some guys here might have some decent ideas for you. If the info you've given so far are accurate, I'll say you need a pro.

P.S. Nothing stupid about wanting to make a career out of golf. NOTHING!

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Thanks for the advice when i have next lesson i will be sure to get a recording of my swing to post up on here my next lesson is the 23rd so its not that far away.

In The Bag:

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 9.5 w/Phenom 70g S flex 

3-Wood: Callaway x-hot S flex 

Irons: Titleist Ap1 3-pw 

Wedges: Titleist sm4 56/60 

Putter: Odyssey 

Ball: Whatever i find!

:whistle::mad::pound:

thats good to know thanks, i will keep updating about my consistency as time goes on because i would like to start putting in some serious work into getting a handicap and then hopefully going to win tournaments in my area and then regional and then if all goes well ill be on tour!

It can take months to become a pro.

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

It can take months to become a pro.

Yeah just put in a few months of hard work maybe 6-8 and you should be able to win your state amateur at least by that time. If not, something must be wrong I think

Originally Posted by GHIN0011458

Yeah just put in a few months of hard work maybe 6-8 and you should be able to win your state amateur at least by that time. If not, something must be wrong I think

Cosign. I played in my first web.com event after 8 months. I was a bit of a late bloomer more than most though

i do appreciate that it takes months to become pro and i may have under estimated the amount of time it takes to hone certain areas of the game! but im am serious about wanting to become a pro or even a tour player if i can make it everyone has a dream

In The Bag:

i do appreciate that it takes months to become pro and i may have under estimated the amount of time it takes to hone certain areas of the game! but im am serious about wanting to become a pro or even a tour player if i can make it everyone has a dream

I have the same dream. on my 5th year... still dreamin. lol. I feel can get there.. and will give it ago in 5 more years to see where I end up. If Mini Tours is as far as I get then at least I tried to give it ago. Better then regretting not giving it a go when I am 70. Next year focus is wedging it even closer, rolling the ball better and long iron consistency.

Originally Posted by 460CompMark

im on my 17th year of dreaming

Dreaming is fun isn't it. I was thinking about what I would do if I hit the powerball.. I was thinking I would still become a pro golfer lol. Its not about the money! as long as it pays the bills and I can play golf.

Originally Posted by kw purp

I have a tip. Really focus on developing your shank game. It's important to be able to shape the ball in many different ways and a shank is an underutilized shot. Violently swing the hozzle at the center of the ball to produce the desired shot shape

This is the funniest thing I have read on this website in days.  It really isn't funny, but I swear that in every 18 hole round, I will have at least one shank / bladed wedge shot.  Different results, both come from the same position.  ~50 yards away, tight fairway lie, holding my SW.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

I joined this site to get advice

My advice: locate the "period" character on your keyboard and use it to separate two separate points. It looks like this: .

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by k-troop

My advice: locate the "period" character on your keyboard and use it to separate two separate points. It looks like this: .

Oh god, another grammar addict. You know, they have therapy for this sort of thing.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Advice Needed Again!

This time its to do with the driver.

Im very inconsistent with my driver because i dont really like using it,

The pro i have lessons with said i should be getting around 270 carry driver and around 240 with a 3 wood but on my 3 wood fitting my carry distance 255 on avg was higher than expected so i have upscaled my carry distance by 15 yards. I think my carry distance with my driver should be around 285 carry because i know i can hit it when i really connect with the ball.

I was a 10.5 callaway  x hot stiff and it was ballooning up in the air like going into orbit and on the screen the flight was going off the screen in height and then dropping back down.

My launch angles were similar to my 3 wood ones so around 17-20

He also told me that my spin was ridiculous it was ranging from anywhere from 5000-7000

my swing speed was also measured and its around 110-115 on average

ball speed was faster than my 3 wood was told at the time it was past 165

He recommended that based on the numbers i lower the degree on my driver in the future and he also said i should consider thinking about an x-stiff shaft

Was wondering whether anyone can shed some light on the numbers and also give some info on x-stiff shaft im wary of getting fitted for all this new stuff because ive been told by the fitter it can get very expense. I have booked a lesson for tomorrow and i will be using my driver the lesson to see what i can improve on.

In The Bag:

Note: This thread is 3887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!