IGNORED

how can it be the best players in the Solheim Cup?

frankjm
Note: This thread is 3871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

last time I checked the Asian players were the best in the world.7 of the top 10 spots belong to Asian players. maybe its time to change the whole format. how can you leave out the best players in the world?funny how no comments from any of the so called experts about this.[all the people in the booth,and covering the event for golf channel].

1 -- Inbee Park 2 -- Stacy Lewis 3 -- Suzann Pettersen 4 -- Na Yeon Choi 5 -- So Yeon Ryu 6 -- Karrie Webb 7 -- Shanshan Feng 8 +2 I.K. Kim 9 -1 Catriona Matthew 10 -1 Jiyai Shin You talking Ladies? 6/10.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by frankjm

last time I checked the Asian players were the best in the world.7 of the top 10 spots belong to Asian players. maybe its time to change the whole format. how can you leave out the best players in the world?funny how no comments from any of the so called experts about this.[all the people in the booth,and covering the event for golf channel].

Presumably you're talking about the Solheim Cup.

It is a competition between Europe and the U.S.A.

Asians are neither American or European.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Do the women have an alternating cup where international players play? Like the Ryder Cup is USA vs Europe and President's Cup is USA vs Internationals (excluded Europe).

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by frankjm

Why don't we have a competition of the players who live in the US versus those who don't instead of their birth country?  Inbee Park moved here when she was 12.  Most of them live in the US, or went the US Colleges for golf.

The Solheim, Ryder, Presidents Cup, etc. are exhibition meant to grow attention to the game of golf.  They create the US v Europe as just a means to create the event.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Asian's are either an ethic or a cultural grouping. Ole Man Solheim, himself an immigrant from Norway (or Finland) funded the match and dictated that for the USA team, only those players born in USA are eligible.  He said nothing, as far as i know, about cultural or ethnic backgrounds. Many 'Asian' lady golfers born in USA, and are total Americans but are not white skinned. Also, many players born in Japan, Korea, Taiwan or Thailand may immigrate to USA and become citizens but could not play in Solheim Cup match. My info from Wikipedia.

There isn't an equivalent to the President's Cup in the world of women's golf.  Maybe there should be however but it will need a sponsor to get it started.  I am not sure it would be as successful as the Solheim Cup in any case.  Certainly the interest in the President's Cup doesn't rival the Ryder Cup at this time.  Whether this would be true in women's golf or not I don't know but I suspect it would.  I think the Solheim and Ryder Cups are like competition between brothers/sisters since most of the players live in the USA regardless of country of birth.

Butch

Note: This thread is 3871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!