IGNORED

Thesandtrap.com Open?

GHIN0011458
Note: This thread is 3891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by 460CompMark

yes!

Even though you "fixed" Houston to Dallas I would still be okay with that.  We'll go ransack Mr. Squint's home course.

I like the idea of Whispering Woods better. Erie, PA, in August would be nicer weather than in NC, or Houston (100*F + 100% humidity).

Or, St. Louis would be fine too.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by GHIN0011458

I think St. Louis, MO is perfect because it is almost right in the middle of the United States.. But Colorado would be fine too

Chicago is easier because you have 2 airports with 3 major airlines having hubs here (United, American, Southwest)

That being said, I am the first person to post in this thread from Chicago, and I have NO desire to plan something like this.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Originally Posted by clearwaterms

Chicago is easier because you have 2 airports with 3 major airlines having hubs here (United, American, Southwest)

That being said, I am the first person to post in this thread from Chicago, and I have NO desire to plan something like this.

Houston has two major airports that are significant for multiple airlines. Dallas, too.

Tyler Martin

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

Houston has two major airports that are significant for multiple airlines. Dallas, too.

I thought we wanted it in the US, and isn't Texas it's own country ;)

If we are going to have a TST open in Houston, it better be in January.  Around say the 15th after the Texans have lost in the first round of the playoffs again ;)  Which would work perfect for me as a Bears fan because we will already be watching from the sidelines.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

Originally Posted by clearwaterms

Quote:

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

I thought we wanted it in the US, and isn't Texas it's own country ;)

If we are going to have a TST open in Houston, it better be in January.  Around say the 15th after the Texans have lost in the first round of the playoffs again ;)  Which would work perfect for me as a Bears fan because we will already be watching from the sidelines.

Nah, TST is global.

And unless some things change, my team (the Saints) will be watching from the sidelines too.

Tyler Martin

These threads are funny.  "Everyone on the site should meet up and play some golf! ....except I'm not organizing it and I don't want to travel that far to play".

If you guys want it, then here it is.  Or move to SoCal where we have one every quarter

Originally Posted by iacas

Okay. Book your tickets.

Next August 7-10 at Whispering Woods Golf Club in Erie, PA.

One "get to know everyone" scramble on the 7th, and individual competition with 85% handicaps on the days that follow.

Entry fee is $10 + greens fees/carts. The $10 will go directly to the prize pool.

The winner, by my estimations, will walk off with a cool $30 or so (50% of the total purse).

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

These threads are funny.  "Everyone on the site should meet up and play some golf! ....except I'm not organizing it and I don't want to travel that far to play".

If you guys want it, then here it is.  Or move to SoCal where we have one every quarter

Ok, I'll move to SoCal if you find me a job in IT and a place to live.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

Ok, I'll move to SoCal if you find me a job in IT and a place to live.

me first - but I only want one of those IT jobs where I don't have to work too hard, and I can show up late / leave early.  Can you get me one that includes a country club membership?

http://thesandtrap.com/t/68709/anyone-in-computers-or-it-career

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

Actually some place like Florida in the winter may get a better turn out - just for the simple fact that I assume those non-year round golfers may suffer from a bit of withdrawals during the long winter they claim to have.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Actually some place like Florida in the winter may get a better turn out - just for the simple fact that I assume those non-year round golfers may suffer from a bit of withdrawals during the long winter they claim to have.

CLAIM!!??!! How dare you make light of the trials of winter that we northerners must go through every year!

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I am not saying it isn't fun. I just can't believe people pay SOO much for a round of golf. A one day tournament you have to pay membership then like $125.00 and take a day off work.. Play a weekend Amateur event that is two days it is 150 or less, 2 rounds, and on the weekend. I just think they rip people off is my only bout against it.

Your perspective is a lot different than mine, and I think it's solely due to the locales. Quick example: my first tournament was at monarch beach golf links in Dana point, ca. Entry fee was 160 I think. Regular green fee for a Sunday morning (when the tourney was held) is over 200. It was actually quite a bit cheaper to play in the tourney. Pelican hill is 300 or something regular price and the tourney was 190. Thise were the extremes ... Most of the tournaments weren't actually cheaper than a regular round, but they were all fairly close. Probably why every tournament here sells out. :) Erik, I've got this on my calendar. Now, how do I sell Erie as a vacation destination to the wife???

Originally Posted by iacas

Okay. Book your tickets.

Next August 7-10 at Whispering Woods Golf Club in Erie, PA.

One "get to know everyone" scramble on the 7th, and individual competition with 85% handicaps on the days that follow.

Entry fee is $10 + greens fees/carts. The $10 will go directly to the prize pool.

The winner, by my estimations, will walk off with a cool $30 or so (50% of the total purse).

I would do this!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by mvmac

I'd give up golf and sex before I'd move anywhere in CA.

How about a central site.......like Jamaica in January.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Your perspective is a lot different than mine, and I think it's solely due to the locales. Quick example: my first tournament was at monarch beach golf links in Dana point, ca. Entry fee was 160 I think. Regular green fee for a Sunday morning (when the tourney was held) is over 200. It was actually quite a bit cheaper to play in the tourney. Pelican hill is 300 or something regular price and the tourney was 190. Thise were the extremes ... Most of the tournaments weren't actually cheaper than a regular round, but they were all fairly close. Probably why every tournament here sells out. :)

Erik, I've got this on my calendar. Now, how do I sell Erie as a vacation destination to the wife???

http://thesandtrap.com/t/69435/how-much-is-a-normal-round-of-golf-in-your-location

It seems like the average round of golf is coming in around $50 to $60 with a cart.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

Originally Posted by jimmyc

I'd give up golf and sex before I'd move anywhere in CA.

How about a central site.......like Jamaica in January.

I have played golf in Jamaica.   The 3rd hole had a cow on it, and the 5th hole had a lateral hazard due to farming (pot).

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

Originally Posted by jamo

Ah, strategic. So we can maintain out amateur statuses!

I think it is a subtle way of telling us it will be a small field.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 3891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!