IGNORED

Hole in One Stories!

Vinchenzio45
Note: This thread is 1775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There's something to be said about how it's not always how pretty the shot looks, just where the ball ends up...

:-P

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had never had one in 40 years of playing, then I had two in consecutive months. My first one was on 12-1-12, and my second was on 1-12-13, both on the 11th hole.

Gotta love it!!

What a game!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

My story is a little surreal. Played golf since 2006.

Three holes-in-one in 3 months (actually 20 rounds).

All on the same 160 metre Par 3 at my club.

All with the same 4 iron.

All in competitions.

I am applying to the Guinness World Records.

All true.

• Upvote 1

My first was on a well struck shot that was straight as an arrow. With perfect speed and distance it just missed the rotating windmill blade, bounced just right off the clown's foot, and went in dead center.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

I've had two- took me 25 years of golf to get the first one, and the second one was a year later. First one I was playing with my wife and an older gentleman, who was playing the up tees with her. 148 yards from the blues and you can't see the bottom of the flagstick from there but you can from the golds/reds. Hit a nice cut 8 iron and it disappeared over the ridge and they started going nuts, I knew it was good but I was like "don't f**k with me" and they said "it's in for sure!!!". I cried when I saw it in the hole. Ended up going par-birdie-birdie-birdie-par to finish the 9 to shoot 31 which is my career low 9 holes.

Second one I was a single playing through a group of 4 so I quickly teed it up and fired away, 5 iron from 187 and it landed 20 feet short and tracked dead into the hole. The group all died laughing was like "that was the fastest anybody has ever played through!"

I came this close earlier this week from about 170-180 yards out. Closest I have ever been. It was too dark and far for me to track the ball the whole way (My depth perception is bad and it's darker than the camera made it appear). I had no idea where the ball was until I got to the green. My closest prior was several years ago with about 220 yards to the pin. Hit a draw 3-wood and the ball was tracking towards the hole on a downward right to left slope, and then somehow just stopped from like 6-8 feet out. All I had to do was barely tap it and it rolled in for birdie. So I'm still waiting on that hole-in-one.

I've been in the group where 2 have been made but myself have only come within a foot 2-3 times.  I have made a double eagle where I cut a huge dogleg and hat 200 out and 1 hopped a 5 iron in the hole.  Can't wait to make one.  Dumbest 'tradition' of all time is buying others drinks when u accomplish the ultimate. IMO, the whole bar should have to buy you drinks

I've had 3 holes in one in 10 months - something weird.

#1 December 4, 2012 - Hole #15, 167 yard, 6 iron, Hillcrest Golf Club, Durango

#2 March 12, 2013 - Hole #5, 152 yard, 9 iron, Dalton Ranch Golf Club, Durango (This one doesn't really count.  They aerated the greens the previous week and had the large cups, although this would have gone in with a regular cup, I believe).  Still the same thrill

#3 July 30, 2013 - Hole #2, 147 yard, 9 iron, Dalton Ranch, Durango.  This one cost me some money since it was during my regular Tuesday game with 19 other guys.  Fortunately, most of them drink iced tea!

Mark in Colorado

Congratulations  skywaterbanjo - It doesn't matter whether it was a big cup or a little cup - the ball still went in THE CUP!

One of my two holes-in-one was on a par 3 course, 70 yards with a lob wedge, and while I don't really mention it to my friends, the fact of the matter is... the ball went in THE CUP!

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

I have had one so far in the 8 years I've been playing.  It happened on November 17th, 2012, and there were several awesome things about that hole in one besides the actual hole in one.  I was playing Heritage Hills Golf Course in York, PA with my dad.  It was the first time I have ever played that course (awesome thing #1), and I actually had a witness (#2) since I play alone more often than not.  It was on the 5th hole, which was severely downhill par 3 playing around 155.  The hole before that, I shot a 10.  10 on a  4.  I had my 6 iron in my had for my approach (terrible idea, since it is by far the worst club in my bag), duck hooked it into fescue, and it went completely downhill from there.  We waited for the guys on the next hole to clear out, and I pulled my 9 iron out since it was a steeply downhill shot.  I set up, did my thing, and took a swing.  As soon as I hit it, I knew that I couldn't have hit that ball any better if I had been given a million other shots in a million other lives (Tuning fork in the loins).  The pin was in between the two tiers, and the ball landed on the upslope of the green and spun back right into the hole.  All of which I saw perfectly, since we were uphill.  It was probably the most surreal moment in golf I've experienced to this point.

I have four hole in ones.

#1 - 1991 Playing with a buddy at Carmel Valley Ranch had my first with 8 iron on Hole #7. There was no one to buy drinks for in the lounge so the Pro bought us a round.

#2 - 1992 Playing in a hospital  golf event I had my second with a 6 iron on Hole #16 in Massachusetts. It was a heavy wind and the ball went in with back spin. (I usually don't have backspin on a ball). It was an open bar so I it wasn't expensive.

#3 - 2011 Was playing in a Member-Member and my third was on the same hole #16 with an 8 iron (no wind). They forgot to cut off the bar bill after $250 insurance so it was expensive.

#4 - 2012 This was the best of my stories though. Playing in a practice round at a Member-Guest two other players teed off first to #17 island green.The other member hit his shot to 6"'s. When it was my turn I asked if he'd have the caddy go up and mark his ball. (Jokingly of course) I then proceeded to hit a 7 iron to the green and it rolled up and hit his ball and it appeared from the tee that his ball was pushed in and mine land 6" away. We both thought we had birdie putts. When we arrived at the green I went to mark my ball (it was his) Mine was in the cup. That one was a pretty hefty bar bill.

The one common denominator was all four seemed to happen in slow motion when viewing them.

Close but no cigar. My buddy Garry and I were playing the 10 hole course at Little Mountian GC. We caught up to another twosome at hole #5 (par 3, elevated tee box, green just beyond the creek). So the first guy lands a solid shot on the green within 15 feet of the pin and then his partner sticks one even closer. My friend Garry steps up and nails a sweet 8-iron 5 feet in front if the cup. As I step up to the tee box, I'm thinking, "Woah, no pressure here! Hah." So I hit my 7-iron nicely, stroke feels good and the ball is tracking straight at the pin and as it is descending, I'm thinking, "That has a chance, that has a real chance." Meanwhile, Garry's yelling, "You got it, you got it!" So the ball hits the flag, catches it and wraps the flag around the pin, drops straight down, hits the front lip of the cup and proceeds to skate 10 feet off the back if the green!" B-U-M-M-E-R!

Driver: Adams TightLies Titanium High Launch Max COR (10.5°) R Flex Graphite SuperShaft Lightweight Mid Kickpoint, GolfPride Multicompound Grip

Fairway Wood: Ping G20 4-Wood (16.5°), R Flex Ping TFC 169F Shaft, Ping ID8 Grip | Hybrid: Ping G25 (23°), Ping TFC 189H Shaft, GolfPride Tour Velvet Grip

Irons: Cleveland TA-5 Gunmetal R Flex True Temper Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Black Grips: 5-I (27°) 6-I (30°), 7-I (33.5°), 8-I (37°), 9-I (41°), PW (45°)

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action REG 588 Gunmetal Dynamic Gold Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Red Grips: 51°/6, 57°/10, LW 64°/8

Putter: Carbite Polar Balanced DC, Tiger Shark Oversized Grip 31"

• 4 years later...

Oh well, here goes. Three holes in one on the same hole with the same club in three consecutive months, actually seven weeks from first to last. I played about 20 rounds in that time. No cinch either - 180 yds with bunkers both sides of the green. And I am not a low handicapper so just got lucky. Had one since too but on a different hole.

I saw my brother get one before I did. He hit a 7 iron on the 7th hole at our club back home. He hit it and I swear the ball was half way there and he turned around with his arms up in the air and said "hole in one!" with a massive grin on his face. I think the ball landed short of the green in the fringe, but he thinks it landed on it. Bounced rolled and went in the hole. He went berserk. I have no idea how he knew, but he did. He had never done that before and has never done it since, so he is one for one on holes in one called while the ball was still in the air. 

I have had two and a half. First one was in the British Universities in 1998 at Headingley Golf Club. I managed to get all four scores from 1 to 4 on the par threes that day. The 4 came first (went 4, 1, 3, 2). The 1 was on the 10th hole. 184 yards into the breeze and I hit a 4 iron. I got stuck and managed to save it with my hands. I hate that feeling though, so I was super upset about it as the ball took off. Second bounce the ball disappeared and the guys I was playing with went crazy. I was still upset about my swing and was a little upset that that was how I was going to remember my first hole in one. 

Second one was about a month later at Bognor Regis Golf Club, also on the 10th hole. Guy I was playing with had the honour and he hit his shot straight at it. Was not an easy day. Wind from the right and against. His ball hit the green and rolled towards the flag. He yelled "get out", he told me after because he didn't want to have to buy everyone drinks. His ball hit the hole and spun out. I hit mine and hit it perfectly. It landed and rolled, caught his pitch mark (I think) and nudged it onto line and it went in. This time I was ecstatic and jumping around.

The half was on the pitch and putt course at Turnberry. It was about an 80 yard hole and I pulled it ten yards left (awful shot). It hit a bank and shot right and went straight in the hole. Didn't even touch the sides. I was like "how the heck did that happen?" and a bunch of Americans playing an adjacent hole came running over high fiving and the whole works. Not really my thing that though. Ho hum.

So the other day I was playing a round of golf.

I didn't hit a hole in one.

The end.

(I have tons of stories just like this one.)

Bill - 

Two stories. First my own. Par 3, 160 yards at night. We were playing on a lighted  course in Vegas. We lost the ball, while in the air, in the lights. When we got to the green we searched for about 5 minutes with out success. 4 of us. Finally someone laughed and said check the hole. Sure enough, there was my ball. This was a 100% pure luck shot, since was not very good at the time. 

Second was while playing with a friend of mine up in Oregon. My friend, on the first hole hit his ace 190 yards. Here's the deal. It was his first time ever on a golf course. He maybe had 30 minutes of practice swings prior to that first hole. He had literally never touch a golf club before. Had no interest in the game.  I remember him saying this is much easier than he thought. When we walked off the 18th green,  his score was 140 something as I recall. He has never picked up a club since, but he proudly still displays his certificate in his den. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

The last one i had was actually came off an awful strike. It was a 200 (or so) yards, and i blocked a 4 iron out to the right towards a green side bunker. It kind of ricocheted off the base of a mound housing the bunker and rolled 20 or so feet strait into the hole. My playing partners just looked at me and shook their heads in disgust. :-$

Edited by Groucho Valentine

My first and only happened on a downhill 145 yarder. One bounced it into the cup. One of my buddies missed it, so he didn't believe it and wanted to the first to check the cup. I was running around in circles high-fiving everyone.  

I had bought a new putter a few days earlier, accompanied by my wife, and this was the first round I used it. While sitting in the bar afterward, I called my wife to tell her I got a hole in one. She asked " Did you use your new putter on that hole?" Later she did realize what she said, and we had a good laugh.

Note: This thread is 1775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!