IGNORED

Tall guys

Note: This thread is 3891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Man, I'd love to find a good used set, but with my specs it's really hard finding them.  I'm reluctant to pull the trigger on clones, mainly for re-sale value... any thoughts there?

well here is my look on it if you play them 3 years and put some coin aside for your next set and pull say 100 bucks off ebay for them it was worth the buy. or even 50 bucks you will get your money back in some way due to the savings on a full custom set fit to you and the feel you want. i can see the resale part but if you are not changing clubs every year why worry about resale value. i bought my caimens played them 2 years and put them in the garage in a old bag for when i have Buddy's that wanna play and don't have clubs or if some one is looking for a budget set i would sell them but they were cheap enough just to keep them or sell them for a good deal to get some one playing. I'm currently playing a Set of 07 x forged irons that i bought for a good deal on ebay. but again i did not need the shafts extended just the lie and loft 60 bucks and done. so again if the price is right new is better then used as long as you like what ya got and feel confident with them. next year you will see this years clubs going for about half price on used sets. so resale in clubs is not that great any way. here is a web site to show the decrease in worth of golf clubs go to pgavalue.com and look at the resale of last years items and also this years used items you will get a better idea of the resale on many top names its just not worth it to look at clubs for resale value

Originally Posted by JCRuzanski

Man, I'd love to find a good used set, but with my specs it's really hard finding them.  I'm reluctant to pull the trigger on clones, mainly for re-sale value... any thoughts there?

At 2 degrees upright and 1" over standard, resale will be tough anyways

Why not find a good used set that is already 2 degrees upright (pretty common fit), and have a local club make put an 1.25" extension in?  Even with new grips, you could probably come in under $300, and with better value than a clone set.

Example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VGShape-Titleist-DCI-762-Irons-Golf-Clubs-Reg-DG-R300-3-4-2-Upright-/151099583030?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash;=item232e3caa36

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

i believe that a 2 upright is a blue dot with ping and callaway is a wight paint fill. but at the same time there are good clone companies out there that make a solid set. the hireko line is good i know that from experience and have never heard much about giga that is either good or bad but usually you can hear lots of bad on any clone due to it not being a brand name.  If you find a club that you could do all that with and stay under $300 by the time you sell you will get just as much for them as the clone just saying

Originally Posted by delav

At 2 degrees upright and 1" over standard, resale will be tough anyways

Why not find a good used set that is already 2 degrees upright (pretty common fit), and have a local club make put an 1.25" extension in?  Even with new grips, you could probably come in under $300, and with better value than a clone set.

Example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VGShape-Titleist-DCI-762-Irons-Golf-Clubs-Reg-DG-R300-3-4-2-Upright-/151099583030?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash;=item232e3caa36

http://valueguide.pga.com/detail-exec/brand/2768/product_type/205/model/43829/b/Titleist/p/Iron%20set/m/DCI%20762

here is the current trade in and resale on those clubs. the resale value is lower then the asking price on those. and this site is generated from the avg sale on ebay. they look like they are in good shape and all but they will never sell in 2 years unless someone wants that club specifically.

Originally Posted by spam

http://valueguide.pga.com/detail-exec/brand/2768/product_type/205/model/43829/b/Titleist/p/Iron%20set/m/DCI%20762

here is the current trade in and resale on those clubs. the resale value is lower then the asking price on those. and this site is generated from the avg sale on ebay. they look like they are in good shape and all but they will never sell in 2 years unless someone wants that club specifically.

That's fine.  It's not terribly easy to find 2 degree upright sets under $200.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

i agree but you can get a custom set of clones for 300 built to spec and fit and probably even get your wedges all for the $300 range. and will sell for the same amount as the clubs you just posted as a example

not trying to argue just show the benefits of the fitting aspect of the clones for the price ya know. and from the sounds of it the original poster is just getting back into golf and has a budget line and a hard fitment issue. your option is true get them extended and you may be be able to stay in that price range. but he had mentioned resale resale on a older brand name to stay in that range is about the same as the resale of the clones is my point.

3.25 degrees up, not 2... most cloners only go to 2 degrees, giga will do 3... but not 3.25.  1.25 for length... that .25" actually makes a world of difference as the back of my palm won't be hanging off the club...

i wont say its impossible i got my 07 x forged for 99 bucks 3-PW and they are 2*up well some are i would say maybe 1.5*up due to how i swing had them all bent to the best lie per club so contact was tittie boobie. took for ever and boy was i tired afterwards lol.

now are the 3* bend from the factory? and the extentions should not mess with it it should be not very noticeable its at the top of the shaft and covered buy the grip.

• Upvote 1

cause if thats from the factory you could probably get the pro shop to bend them the .25* or even the 1.25* for the other.

I think I'll just save some money and go with Giga.  At least they'll be new, and I'm sure their playability is fine for a new beginner. Grab a couple wedges, maybe a 3w and be out for under 250

Note: This thread is 3891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!