IGNORED

What are some of the most annoying golfers out there?

ccRichard
Note: This thread is 2517 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

25 members have voted

1. 1. The Worst Type of Golfer

• The Wannabe Pro
    • The Slow Golfer
    • The Vice-Ridden (Excuses, excuses, excuses)
    • The Rageaholic
    • The Cheater
    • The Distracter

I was watching a golf show with my boyfriend last night and it got me thinking, what are some of the most annoying golfers out there? For me personally, it's the cheater or the distracter that is worse, but my boyfriend disagreed. He totally thinks its the slow pokes or those that just don't respect the club rules.

What do you think? And I promise to give my boyfriend credit if you all agree with him

-C

Gotta be a hybrid! The excuse-making rageaholic.

Common quotes:

I can't believe I sliced it!  I never slice it! (after his fifth OB tee shot on consecutive holes).

That's the first time I've duffed this sand wedge in 10 rounds.

I need to have the grip replaced on this putter.

Freakin topped it!

Ugh I must've picked my head up.

If I could get off the tee, and then onto the green, I'd surely lower my score.

SO ANGRY!!

But of course there is a difference in moderate analysis of your game to outright excuse-yelling.

You might enjoy Golf Digest's most annoying golfers list.  Use google or search TST I believe it's been posted here and discussed.

Slow golfer for me, not like I want to run around the course but just keep moving.  Unfortunately, I play 95% of my golf with my brother and he is a slow golfer.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

There should be another. The Talker. The guy who talks constantly whether it be about golf, his family, his health, his wife's health, his kids, his job. After about 4 holes of this I started getting the urge say no one f******* cares. Completely ruins a round for me.

To me it's the distracter... I know there is nothing worse than when I'm about to hit, and I hear this other guy whistling....

"Golf is a game in which you yell 'fore', shoot six, and write down five".

Paul Harvey

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not on the list but for me it is the guy that goes around looking for lost balls and we are all waiting to hit or have and they are not even ready for there turn.

I guess it could be under slow play??

This just bugs the hell out of me.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Too bad there's no "macho man" poll option.  I tire of waiting for all the young guys I see playing from the back tees with their baseball swing that sends the ball anywhere but towards the green. Average 123 yards to the right whenever there's knee deep weeds.

Dave :-)

1. The slow golfer (ties up the whole course causing frustration to many with a single action).

2. Rageholic (gets everyone on edge wondering what's coming next)

3. Vice Ridden (annoying) Distractor, and cheater (only cheating himself)

4. Wannabe Pro (completely harmless)

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

The cheater cause you start watching their game and its also a distraction. Another annoyance is the golfer that can't give a compliment. I play with this guy that is always bragging about his shots and I compliment his shots all the time, but me, I can hit the ball from 170 out, perfectly into the green, 10 feet from the hole and nothing.

I would've voted but I think you missed the amateur rules official. You know, the one who quotes the rule book and starts a digressing argument with his buddies, while they all circle the ball that shouldn't be in question. I joined a group one time with a self proclaimed (on his introduction when I shook his hand) lawyer. Every shot needed a rules debriefing. Just couldn't play the game for the fun of it, and it was a par 3 course!

-Justin

My Swing

SLDR C 10.5, Aeroburner 3W/3H, MX-200 4-GW, Vokey Chrome 200 56 & 60, TM White Smoke

I voted Distractor and Slow Golfer since both of these guys has an impact on my play.  The others tend to me more entertaining than annoying to me.  One guy I played a few rounds with last year would always wait until you were about to hit the ball to clear his throat.  It wasn't a quiet throat clearing either, it was one of those a public speaker uses to get the attention of his audience.

He claims he has some allergy or condition that causes him to clear his throat so often which I understand, but it was his perfect timing that was so annoying.  It happened so often that I actually had anxiety standing over the ball trying to anticipate him clearing his throat so it wouldn't affect my swing.

Joe Paradiso

I voted the slow golfer but distractors and cheaters would pass the slow players on my irritation meter if they were extreme enough.

The rest don't bother me at all.

Someone who takes a lot of time before their shot and then they shank it.  You find out this is their game, they suck but they prepare like they're a scratch golfer.

They can all be annoying and terrible golf partners, but I voted for slow golfers.

Wannabe Pro - Whatever floats your boat.  Annoying, but otherwise, just don't care.

Slow Golfer - This affects me and my round and a lot of other people's rounds.  Unacceptable.

Vice Ridden - Annoying but otherwise not an issue.

Rage-a-holic - Embarrassing but I can still play my game.  However, he may be eliminated from my "buddy list" for golfing if after asking him to to relax and the rage attacks continue.  This is a close second to the slow golfer for me.

Cheater - Don't care what rules he plays by....Just no money games or other competitive rounds.  Casual rounds only.  I enjoy golfing (casual round) with a few guys who routinely fluff their lies, change to a different ball for putting, miraculously "find" lost balls, etc.

Distracter - I really don't distract easily.  They can cough, hack, or whatever to their hearts content.  The fact that I only have one functional ear probably helps here.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Originally Posted by Pepsivanilla93

I would've voted but I think you missed the amateur rules official. You know, the one who quotes the rule book and starts a digressing argument with his buddies, while they all circle the ball that shouldn't be in question. I joined a group one time with a self proclaimed (on his introduction when I shook his hand) lawyer. Every shot needed a rules debriefing. Just couldn't play the game for the fun of it, and it was a par 3 course!

that guy is asking to get b**** slapped

Note: This thread is 2517 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!