Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JCRuzanski

Shoes

38 posts in this topic

Did most of you buy golf shoes right away when starting to play? Or did you wait a while?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Shoes are essential. If nothing more than to keep your feet dry. One of my first purchases after I began playing.

Played the first month without golf shoes, the grass used to be wet, kept slipping n sliding and feet were wet. Bought a pair and havent been happier

just picked up a pair of Callaway shoes 29.99 off eBay, free shipping.

Iove eBay but I can't just buy any shoe . I've gone to dicks and tried on every shoe And didn't find one that fit right. Ill buy online online if I can return in person for free

I played for quite a few years in just tennis shoes before I bought golf shoes.  IMO, golf shoes are overrated.  I currently just wear tennis shoes for golf (simply because I wore out my golf shoes and have just been too cheap to buy new ones, planning on buying a pair of TW14s this fall though).

The only time I miss having actual golf shoes is when I play in the early morning when the grass is still dewy.  Even then, all I miss is the waterproof nature of golf shoes, not the spikes.

Yeah, I'm always a bit apprehensive of online shoes... I'm a size 14, but different brands fit differently. I heard Calloway runs big, which I like. Hopefully they'll work out. I'll mostly be playing in the morning. Luckily by 9 in Texas most of the morning dew is gone. My running shoes have pretty solid grips on the sole, so they will probably go with me whilst breaking these in.

I agree about the golf shoes, kinda. In tne rounds before I bought the shoes i can only remember slipping mid swing once or twice. If i had to chose between a comftorble tennis shoe or golf shown tnat doesn't feel exactly right I'm taking the tennis shoe every time . But a comftorble golf shoe is an improvement. I love these new spikeles shoes. I think companies realized you only need alittle extra grip and focused on comfort(and style)

Was walking through dicks and saw these on sale. At first I coudn't even tell they were golf shoes. They looked just like running shoes so I decided to try them on and they felt amazing, ended up buying them. Great shoe if you like how running shoes feel http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12610703&lmdn;=Brand&cp;=4413989.4414138

Originally Posted by Machmood

Was walking through dicks and saw these on sale. At first I coudn't even tell they were golf shoes. They looked just like running shoes so I decided to try them on and they felt amazing, ended up buying them. Great shoe if you like how running shoes feel

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12610703&lmdn;=Brand&cp;=4413989.4414138

Yeah great shoes, especially for the $$. I don't wear mine often after going to street style golf shoes but of all the shoes I have these are amongst my faves.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i just bought these pumas from 3balls.com for 69., they should be here this week. ill write a review of them for those interested. ive never had puma spikes, but all the puma shoes ive ever had were comfortable. dont hate the orange its a university of texas thing that these aussie need to learn about here. cheers

I've been playing just a few months.. My instructor suggested moving golf shoes up on my priority list because not only do the soles prevent slipping, but the heel cup is larger. One of the (many) problems with my swing was that, in running shoes, my right heel was rolling over in my backswing. The golf shoes helped to correct that. I chose some FootJoys that were on clearance for $40 at the course pro shop.

Expensive as hell but I have a pair of these and absolutely LOVE them - http://us.shop.ecco.com/ECCO-Mens-BIOM-Golf-Hydromax/131004,default,pd.html?dwvar_131004_color=55846#cgid=men-golf

I have them in the Matte Black/Lime Punch and they are fantastic.  Most comfortable shoe I have ever worn, walking a round of golf in them is literally an absolute pleasure.

I also recently picked up a pair of these because I wanted a white shoe to match better with certain clothes - http://oakleyvault.com/product/oakley-full-auto-tour/14029-104

They are extremely comfortable too.  I bought a pair of FJ's at Dick's last year and walked 9 holes in them and absolutely HATED them, I was hurting so bad after the round it wasn't even funny.  I hate buying new shoes but as soon as they stop being waterproof you're left with little choice when you like to play at 7am.

Originally Posted by Chris223

Expensive as hell but I have a pair of these and absolutely LOVE them - http://us.shop.ecco.com/ECCO-Mens-BIOM-Golf-Hydromax/131004,default,pd.html?dwvar_131004_color=55846#cgid=men-golf

I have them in the Matte Black/Lime Punch and they are fantastic.  Most comfortable shoe I have ever worn, walking a round of golf in them is literally an absolute pleasure.

I also recently picked up a pair of these because I wanted a white shoe to match better with certain clothes - http://oakleyvault.com/product/oakley-full-auto-tour/14029-104

They are extremely comfortable too.  I bought a pair of FJ's at Dick's last year and walked 9 holes in them and absolutely HATED them, I was hurting so bad after the round it wasn't even funny.  I hate buying new shoes but as soon as they stop being waterproof you're left with little choice when you like to play at 7am.

Always have been a FJ guy for many years.  Just last week I picked up my very first pair of Ecco shoes (spikeless) and the first time I put them on was for a 3-day 27 hole per day golf trip.  Unbelievable.  I'll be hard pressed to buy anything other than Ecco now.  I did buy the closeouts; $99.  I'm sold.

To answer the OP, if you have good balance and posture then golf shoes are unnecessary for 90% of on-course situations. They can't hurt you, but won't help you either except in specific situations where the grass is wet or you're on a side hill, etc. The if in that statement is big though.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Couldn't imagine not having spikes.

^ agreed. even if you play in the afternoon and dont need waterproofing or spikes to keep from slipping they just give you more stability when hitting a golf ball.

For me, spikeless golf shoes provide the same traction and are more comfortable than traditional golf shoes. The good ones are waterproof. And I can wear them while driving to the course.