IGNORED

Do you lose anything with the "easy to hit" hynrid.

Note: This thread is 3895 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by blaylock6502

... I tried pings website and it said lite flex driver but I have no idea of my handicap which it asks and not sure how far my driver goes due to inconsistency.?

Ping's website gives you a rough starting point for what you might need. But, test-hitting combinations of shafts and heads from the Ping fitting cart would be the more reliable way to go.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Can highly recommend Cleveland Hybrids. Mine are 18* and 23*. Most confident clubs in the bag. Frankly, i find it difficult to hit  bad shots with these clubs.  Some combination of shaft flex, shaft length, head size and weight just conspire towards nice ball flight and very acceptable distance. I no longer carry 3,4, or 5 irons.

Downside to hybrids is not being able to keep the traj down when you really want to. Upside is basically everything else: hot face, bigger sweet spot, higher flight, soft landing, sole relief that is much much easier to hit from rough than a 3i. Most I've tried hooked when I tried to hit the ball hard; the Adams Idea Pro cured that problem.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

I sort of turned my nose up at hybrids for years--until I tried some. I now have 3 (20*) and 4(23*) hybrids and love them. For me, if I focus on keeping my head still, they are really easy to hit. As others have said, against the wind they might not have as boring a trajectory as a long iron, but any other time they give me a little more distance with less fuss.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Yoi also get better kick with hybrids as opposed to longer irons due to the stiff tipped graphite but demo for sure. The Wilsons I picked up at Sports Authorty and had my eye on some Adams hybrids but after demoing the Wilsons I saved about 50 bucks.

An old pro once told me this....."No matter what youre going through in life....Never sell your golf clubs."

Note: This thread is 3895 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!