IGNORED

Taylor Made SLDR

Note: This thread is 3445 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by mvmac

You and Charles Howell!  Let me know if it keeps coming loose or falls out etc.

I tightened the weight again and it seems to be fine now. Scared the living daylights out of me because I didn't notice it until mid downswing and I thought the head had come off. It makes a clanking noise when moving around.

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
I bought one a month ago. Hit 4 drives over 330 today. Old r9 was 30 yards shorter. Doesn't feel as crisp but ball explodes off of face when you hit it near the center.

• 1 month later...

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 4 months later...

I bought the 430 at 10.5* a couple weeks ago but have only had the chance to play on the course with it once, it took some adjustments right from the start like increased loft to 11.5* and slid weight over to fade about 4 clicks and the weight came loose with me also but I don't think I had it seated correctly in one of the adjustments. Okay this club is long and not very difficult to hit however I noticed teeing the ball lower seems to find the sweet spot more consistently or the hot spot as I like to call it. I think I may want to go up to even 12* with a bit more fade but a shaft change is definitely in the cards because once that happens this baby is going to be money, I probably would have liked the speeder 57 over the 65 because of the heavier head but was thinking how much I liked my cobra x speed with a 65 gram shaft but it had a lighter head only thing was I didn't like guys getting by me by 20 yards with the same swing speed even though I was accurate as hell with that club.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Just picked mine up yesterday

SLDR TP 430cc, 10.5 degrees turned to a 9.0 degree driver, Fujikura Tour Spec, 77 grams, X-stiff

LOFT UP!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Just picked mine up yesterday SLDR TP 430cc, 10.5 degrees turned to a 9.0 degree driver, Fujikura Tour Spec, 77 grams, X-stiff LOFT UP!!!

Can you give a us a review once you get it dialed in?

Just picked mine up yesterday SLDR TP 430cc, 10.5 degrees turned to a 9.0 degree driver, Fujikura Tour Spec, 77 grams, X-stiff LOFT UP!!!

Is it lofting up if you turn 10.5 down to 9.0?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Is it lofting up if you turn 10.5 down to 9.0?

It is when I use to play a 910D2 turned down to a 8.75 degrees, and even that was too high for me. So I probably went up effectively 2 degrees.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I'll give one also once I change the shaft, I want to know the full potential first.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Yep, I will when the weather gets WARM ENOUGH FOR ME TO GOLF OUTSIDE!!!!

Until then, it sits in wait for its first strike :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Yep, I will when the weather gets WARM ENOUGH FOR ME TO GOLF OUTSIDE!!!!

Until then, it sits in wait for its first strike

Does that mean you're looking to sell a Titleist 910D? My current driver, as you know, is around 30* closed at address. :-O

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Does that mean you're looking to sell a Titleist 910D? My current driver, as you know, is around 30* closed at address.

Sorry man, I did the trade in at Golf Smith. :-(

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Sorry man, I did the trade in at Golf Smith.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of value did they give you on the trade in. Seems like you're better of selling it via craigslist or something. They offered my $30 for mine when I inquired last year and it was damn near mint.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Around $48 dollars

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Around $48 dollars

You didn't test the waters selling it yourself? Surely it would have fetched more than that!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Around $48 dollars

Store credit or cash?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Store credit or cash?

Took it right off my bill for my SLDR.

You didn't test the waters selling it yourself? Surely it would have fetched more than that!

I could have, but I wanted the SLDR before my golf trip in mid April. I don't know how long it would have took me to sell the Titleist.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• 3 weeks later...

Well my SLDR 430 tp 10.5 is a work in progress. I did the Aldila Beta rip'd 70 stiff, still on neutral setting, hits a nice draw, which I need but is 30 yds shorter than my Titleist 910D3  which hits a nice fade, hopefully I can tweek it mechanically and not have to get an X-stiff shaft. keep ya posted..

Note: This thread is 3445 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!