IGNORED

SeeMore Vs Bettinardi

Note: This thread is 3864 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So when I'm in between two clubs and I have money burning a whole in my pocket for a new one I come to The sand trap. I am between a Seemore mFGP cs, Or a Bettinardi studio stock #12. Im likeing the center stright shafts on both. I love all the great reviews on Seemore. I have talked to there customer service and they are top notch. I look at that Bettinardi and it is just one beautiful putter. So I guess its function vs beauty but obviously I want both. So please give help. Oh I live in South Dakota where we do not have any dealers of both brands.

What help can you be given?

You have to decide on the one you want.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Pblock45

someone with experiance with both would help some first hand experiance that I cannot get because of my geographical location.

IT makes no difference.

All quality putters are fine.

It comes down to which one you like te look of.

They are different putters.

Someone else's personal preference can't influence you.

It's like colour choice on a car.

There are no pros and no cons for either.

No putter that costs $90 or more is worse than one that is $300 plus and no $300 putter is a better putter than one that costs $90.

It comes down to your own preference.

The only thing to consider might be resale value - and ebay records can assist there. :-)

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Shorty

It comes down to which one you like te look of.

I don't agree.

It comes down to the putter that you can:

a) aim properly

b) control speed best

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

I don't agree.

a) aim properly

b) control speed best

I agree with the above.

The putters you are choosing are similar in terms of CS and no offset (I'm also one of those that avoids offset and forward pressing - SeeMore recommends no forward press with their putters) The Bett is 358g in the head while the SeeMore is 340g. If you are going 34 inches or less, if it's a push, I'm more likely to say go with the Bett for the heavier weight. At 34.5 + inches, I think the SeeMore is fine, but I use a SeeMore/Pat O'Brien setup -- a more upright stance which means a longer putter at 35 inches - it was .5 inches longer than what I used before the SeeMore.

I played an mFGP for several years. I aimed it well, just slightly left. You can test this with a SeeMore Triangulator. If you order a SeeMore, ask the guys to thrown one in the box - no charge. They usually do when asked. If you don't aim it straight, at least you will know your tendency.

They've changed the puttter for the better, I think. The new model rolls better with slightly less loft and the head was redesigned recently. It is not a heavy putter at 340g. You might ask them about a counterbalance weight to add overall weight to the putter. I haven't experienced a problem with adding weight at the top as to club head feel.

I like the SeeMore RST System - it works if you use the SeeMore setup and it gives you confidence.

As to the Bett, they are quality, I've owned a few and I like the BB-43 the best - which was a CS Anser style. The Stock 12 has a deeper flange - it depends on whether you like the look. The Bett will offer a tad more forgiveness - but if you are a good putter, you don't need much forgiveness. The face remains square to the arc.

I like a SeeMore - the mFGP is a great feeling putter  - but I'd ask the guys what happens if you demo it, treat it gently, and what they can do for you about another model if it doesn't work out. I mean, it's $300. Same thing with Bett - ask.

If you get the SeeMore, ask them to throw in Pat's DVD  - lol. Get all the freebies you can! But if they don't throw it in - it's only $20.

I play an Edel now (but still use Pat's SeeMore method of putting after going back and forth with Utley - I find Pat's method a bit more consistent - but using Utley for a while actually helped) - I mean, it's tough to beat a putter where everything is custom and it is set up so you aim straight... But good luck in your choice!

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I have 20 putters. I can tell you the ones I buaght for the looks are only good looking putters. I love blade putters but never have found one I play well. I have a center shafted see more putter and loved the look but don't game it well. the 2 putters I play the best are the ones I tested before buying them, yes only 2 out of 20putters that I play well, and when I started seeing how these 2 putters helped me I was really put down because I didn't like the look of them at all. but going from 40 something puts to 30 something puts per round I would say that looks aren't everything. if you care to know what the putters are the ping nome and the taylormade ghost ,mallet putters with bent shafts.

Originally Posted by iacas

I don't agree.

a) aim properly

b) control speed best

I should have explained myself better.

I have had putters that I LOVE the look of, but much too light for me.

A Bettinardi anser style was one of them.

I had another Bettinardi mallet that I didn't really like the look of but it was a tad too heavy.

I had another Bettinardi mallet that was just right, but I didn't like the look of it.

So...three Bettinardis that  I bought and sold.

If the anser style had been 340 or 350 g I would still be using it.

What I basically mean by "the look" is the look and feel.

To the OP - there is nothing worse than a putter that is too light.

Find out what weight suits you and pretty much go from there.

You might also like to find out how the SeeMore finish holds up.

I had a Guerin Rife in black that may have been spray painted. It wasn't PVD and the cover wore it off. Absolute junk.

I owned the mFGP for 3 years and it still looked new when sold.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Lots of good stuff above ! I think you guys helped . When Someone is trying to lower there number of putts It comes down to the most function. I know the bett is a good looker and feels good but those two things don't sink putts . I think ill go with the seemore they said they would throw in a DVD and shirt ! He said because I'm in the military . Let you guys know it will probaly be the mfgp when the release the again 1 sept

Lots of good stuff above ! I think you guys helped . When Someone is trying to lower there number of putts It comes down to the most function. I know the bett is a good looker and feels good but those two things don't sink putts . I think ill go with the seemore they said they would throw in a DVD and shirt ! He said because I'm in the military . Let you guys know it will probaly be the mfgp when the release the again 1 sept

I think the seemore will give me a great platform to start from the more I can get out of the putter the better . But man I think there kinda fugly

Nah, good looking putter with a built in training aid. Talk to them about the type of grip that would be best for you

Well lets talk grips real fast I hope no one mindes. I have really been thinking of jumping on the superstroke band wagon. I looked at the mid slim 2.0 seemed to be the right fit. I wear a med-L glove. ANyone have any experiance with these?good or bad? I do like how it doesnt taper down. I have been trying to hold the grip in my fingers more maybe this grip will hurt or help that? I was even thinking Ultra slim 1.0. Thanks eveyone for commenting Oh and to comment on an earlier post I will be playing a 35" putter I have to stand more upright from an injury on my lower back while working on Aircraft.

Well lets talk grips real fast I hope no one mindes. I have really been thinking of jumping on the superstroke band wagon. I looked at the mid slim 2.0 seemed to be the right fit. I wear a med-L glove. ANyone have any experiance with these?good or bad? I do like how it doesnt taper down. I have been trying to hold the grip in my fingers more maybe this grip will hurt or help that? I was even thinking Ultra slim 1.0. Thanks eveyone for commenting

My son uses the mid slim 2.0 on his Edel. He is a very good golfer. I tried it - liked it. Does what it is supposed to do. But I think you'd need a counterbalance weight to add some heft to your putter. I advised him of the same. But I like to experiment. I may try it eventually.

The only issue is that a superstroke may interfere with the Pat O'Brien grip I use, which puts the thick, meaty palm of your palm (the pinkie side) on the upper part of the grip to stabilize it. Pat and Utley like a thin grip - but Utley puts the grip through the lifeline of his palm - I tried both this summer and eventually returned to Pat's grip.

I am right handed I play with my left index finger over my right pinky. I need a lesson for sure. In south dakota you can only go to a pro they dont have SPI schools here. Do you think the mid will block that . IM not familiar with counterbalance weights what do do you mean by that. DO you suggest it because its a 340 head with a little bit heavier grip.

I am right handed I play with my left index finger over my right pinky. I need a lesson for sure. In south dakota you can only go to a pro they dont have SPI schools here. Do you think the mid will block that . IM not familiar with counterbalance weights what do do you mean by that. DO you suggest it because its a 340 head with a little bit heavier grip.

If they are sending you Pat's DVD, take a look at it. He tries to take your right hand out of the stroke. It's a clever grip that helps eliminate some issues.

As to your question, the Superstroke is a larger diameter grip - it will separate fingers and connections.

CB Weights? I don't have the time. But google balance certified weights or search counterbalance on the forum and see what happens. Some people think CB weights help steady the hands in putting, add to MOI and/or raise the balance point of a club.

Note: This thread is 3864 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!