IGNORED

SeeMore Vs Bettinardi

Note: This thread is 3864 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Pblock45

When you get a chance what Size would be you reccomend for the seemore putter ? at 340. You just slide these under the grip befor you put it on ?

The CB Weights? It's an individual preference.

With Edels, it's part of the fitting.

With SeeMore, I'd buy without CB weights, and see how you putt.  If you're not happy, tape quarters together and tape them to the top of your grip - each quarter weighs 4-5g. Measure it. Yeah, I know it's a PITA. See how you lag with and without the quarters. Put more quarters on and measure the results - see if you get a consistent pattern of lagging near the hole as opposed to not having the weights or having less or more quarters -- ie, find the weight that works best. Once you have a weight of quarters you like, measure them on a small digital (kitchen/diet) scale and purchase the weight. You can cut a hole into the top of the grip and slip the weight into the grip. The certified balance people have all the tools.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have been looking at this all day I really wanna try it ! seems to get good results. like you said I will try it first I found a product called Tour lock im not sure if its any good. Im going to check out certified balance also. Great Advice ! IM pumped to get my putter all decked out.

I have been looking at this all day I really wanna try it ! seems to get good results. like you said I will try it first I found a product called Tour lock im not sure if its any good. Im going to check out certified balance also. Great Advice ! IM pumped to get my putter all decked out.

Tour Lock is cheaper -

http://www.balance-certified.com

Balance Certified are the ones who kind of went forward with this "technology." Nicklaus used counterbalance weights, as did others, in their day, but they were more crude devices.

Balance Certified people are former NASA people, engineers - more expensive, but fancier do-hickeys. I like the balance certified product as a product.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Another way to counterbalance is to do what Odyssey and Taylormade are doing now. They suggest a longer putter - let's say 36 inches instead of let's say, 34.5-35 inches - so you grip down to your regular grip length at let's say, 35 inches, and the one inch of grip above your hands serves as a type of counterweight. Now Odyssey goes farther in their Tank and puts a CB weight in the grip.

If I was doing it over again, and when I get my Edel refitted, I'll probably experiment with going that route, with the CB weight.

Ask the SeeMore people about that idea. You're trying to do anything to settle your hands for a higher MOI and a smoother stroke.

And when you order, pay attention to lie angle - most are going flatter now - but it all depends upon your setup.

I will go with the balance certified brand. I wish we had a fitter here for them I am looking to order a regular 70* lie angle but i play all my irons 3 up. what do you think. I figured id pick somones brain while I can thank you for your help

I will go with the balance certified brand. I wish we had a fitter here for them I am looking to order a regular 70* lie angle but i play all my irons 3 up. what do you think. I figured id pick somones brain while I can thank you for your help

I play 2 up, but the putter is 70

Depends on your setup -

Utley and O'Brien suggest you set up with your eye an inch inside the ball - and that promotes a flatter lie

On the CB weight, I suggest you wait and do an analytical test -- as outlined above - with and without quarters taped as a CB weight

Do YOu play these in any of your other clubs besides your putter? I will be doing that test as soon as I play with it a bit im going to order it in a 70 I can always have it tweeked if needed. Man that balance certified awesome i cant wait to mess with one. I thank you for all the help I will repost results so others can see how i like the see more and maybe counterbalance if i decide to go with that. I think all my questions are answer thank you.

I will be doing that test as soon as I play with it a bit im going to order it in a 70 I can always have it tweeked if needed. Man that balance certified awesome i cant wait to mess with one. I thank you for all the help I will repost results so others can see how i like the see more and maybe counterbalance if i decide to go with that. I think all my questions are answer thank you.

Sure - getting a putter setup for you is a task if you're doing it yourself. It's why I gave up and got Edel'd.

But the SeeMore mFGP is one of my favorite putters - If I had to do it again, I'd get it at 36 inches and a 70 lie with a regular GOP Grip - the skinny one, so I can use Pat's hand grip. The Superstroke is more comfy. And than I'd grip down, do the tape the quarters test, chart where my putts lagged, and select the weight. Then order the CB weight.

I'd also use the SeeMore triangulator to figure my aim bias.

Look at Pat's DVD - even if you do not use his grip, his neutral setup is great - everything is square. It gives you a good start.

IM going to Have to look back at this post but I am really excited to get my putter set up. Your right it is very trying. DO you play balance certified weights on any of your other clubs?

IM going to Have to look back at this post but I am really excited to get my putter set up. Your right it is very trying. DO you play balance certified weights on any of your other clubs?

I do in my backup irons, driver and fairways. I had certified balance CB weights from circa 2005, found them, and decided to use them again - no more than 20g - like the Secret Grip.

To tell you the truth - you would need to jump on a LM and see the differences in irons, drivers, etc.

I think you can tell the difference easier in a putter, and with a high lofted wedge where you have a lot of delicate shots.

I wouldn't go overboard - I hit my regular set of irons, which were fitted to me by a clubmaker, just fine without CB weights.

I usually tend to go a bit overboard with new gadgets. I have been fitted for evey club in my bag but my putter. THats why I came here because I wanted a seemore. Balance certified has another weight called the amp for a putter where the weights slide up and down the shaft depending on what your looking for. Do you know anything about this device?

I usually tend to go a bit overboard with new gadgets. I have been fitted for evey club in my bag but my putter. THats why I came here because I wanted a seemore. Balance certified has another weight called the amp for a putter where the weights slide up and down the shaft depending on what your looking for. Do you know anything about this device?

If you're spending money, I'd get their latest CB technology. Might as well... But I'd address that question after you test how much weight you need. Perhaps you only need a standard weight.

I tried this on my two ball and i like it alot ! I play a 35", I want to still add a superstroke. What do you think would help with the counter Balance . 36 or 37 Inches in length .It's just so smooth! I have about 18 quarters , I'm thinking 90 grams. But obviously I would have to repeat this on my seemore but the head weights are the same .

I tried this on my two ball and i like it alot ! I play a 35", I want to still add a superstroke. What do you think would help with the counter Balance . 36 or 37 Inches in length .It's just so smooth! I have about 18 quarters , I'm thinking 90 grams. But obviously I would have to repeat this on my seemore but the head weights are the same .

Hi -

I've only demoed 36-38 inch putters in stores, so posting advice on this subject is merely a guess based on little experience. I typically use counterbalancing like aspirin - I take a little. I've not used 90g in a putter. The most I used several years ago was 45g.

Having said that, if you grip down on a 37 inch putter, you will have about 2 inches of weight and grip above your fingers, so you may  add less CB weight (than 90g). And if you don't like the extra length, you can cut the shaft down. As I said previously, I would stand about 20 feet away from the hole, putt with 5 balls, and chart where they stopped. Then I'd add CB weight - and do the same test, add more weight, do the same test. Narrow it down to a couple of weights and test them against each other.

Note: This thread is 3864 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!