IGNORED

My Swing (Abu3baid)

Abu3baid

I've been Playing Golf for: 2 Years

My current handicap index or average score is: - I'd like to think it's below 100

My typical ball flight is: fade

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is:  push with a fade slice everyone once in a while / mishits

Pictures:

This was how I used to swing about 3 months ago and I have been working hard at revamping/changing my swing to something that is more traditional and feels better.

I was taking the club too inside and I was way too flat because I wasn't lifting my arm at all.  Then when I tried to clear my hips on the way down I was never able to do it.  I wasn't happy with my swing, nor my inconsistencies and that is why I have been on a path to change.

As soon as my slow motion video of my swing is up I will post it so that maybe, just maybe you can help me move towards my current goal of playing in single digits consistently.

Thanks for your participation!

Abu3baid

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ok, so this is my swing at 260fps and that is why the lighting looks slightly dark. I think it is still sufficient though. I noticed something off with my impact position but I'm not really sure what the root cause is or how to fix.. I look forward to hearing your comments..

Eyad

I would check this out first.  Posture is a bit too upright with the chin up I would say.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Originally Posted by Abu3baid

Thank you for the comment cipher. I appreciate it very much..

Best of luck. You have some nice pieces there in your swing.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Thanks for your kindness.. I know I have a lot to work on,but I think I am ready to go get lessons.. I was waiting till I had at least the basics down so that my lessons can be more fruitful.

Eyad

One thing I was looking at was my hand/club/body position compared to the ball.  I measured my spine tilt at 4 degrees and this is with a pitcher.  I am assuming that is just way too much.  When I looked at this professional using what I think is a pitcher as well I noticed 0 degree spine tilt, so this is def. something to look at.  Any thoughts??

Also, if you look at the markings I have made, the yellow is my wrist position during the set up and the red is my wrist position at impact.  I don't think that my impact position is as bad as I first thought, but I have to do something about the 14/15 degrees of spine tilt at the point of impact, and maybe because of my setup position I am really not helping my self at all.

I think this is a good place to start, any advice or thoughts on getting into a better position?

Eyad

At first i think your a tad to close to the ball.

What i see also is that you take the club away on the inside off your hands

club head should be outside your hands ( this is my failure also )

If i keep the club outside i hit it so much more consistent and pure.

I'm getting snap hooks when i take back on the inside, because i'm over compensating

with my wrist at impact.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

I played today and it seems my biggest issue is hitting the ball slightly fat with the pitching wedge. The worst part is when I hit balls on the range I hit like 6 or 7 shots with the pitcher within 10 feet of each other, but that was off of turf.. I'm back to the planning board.

Eyad

I played again today and went to the range and I can safely say that with my irons now up to the 7 iron I am hitting draws consistently. Now I need to just trust my self and always aim about 10 feet to the right of where I want it to land, or at least enough that if I hit it straight I'm still in a good position. Next is going to be getting that driver more consistant in going where I want it to go. I will tape very soon to post.

Eyad

• 1 month later...

Just recorded my self for the first time in a long time.

I took lessons with the professional at the local golf course and he told me that there is nothing for me to change with my golf swing and that I just need to go out and practice more.  I still feel that I have somethings that I can work on to improve my consistency.

I think that I will be signing up to have my swing analyzed soon, but I wanted to get your opinions anyway.

This is using my 7 iron from both down the line and front views.  Your comments are welcome.  Both hits produced a good solid hit with good trajectory IMO.

Thanks

I am not sure what my swing speed is with my irons, but I am assuming it's probably in the mid 90's, I averaged about 108 with my driver and moved up to a stiff shaft for the driver.  My current irons are Adam's tight lies and frankly I just love them, but I'm not sure if I should consider changing them or not?

Eyad

• Administrator
I took lessons with the professional at the local golf course and he told me that there is nothing for me to change with my golf swing and that I just need to go out and practice more.

Did you pay for this lesson? The number one player in the world has things he can change and improve in his golf swing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yes, unfortunately I did.  I mean he gave me some pointers like don't tense up your forearms and work on making sure you keep the same tempo.  He doesn't use technology in his teaching, but basically I had 1 driver session with him and then 1 iron session with him.  Then I played about 6 holes while he gave me tips and just teaching me about course management.

I don't feel like I really benefited much and that is the main reason I am back here thinking that maybe the best thing for me is to go back to vid analysis and learning.  I have to admit I was very disappointed when he told me that, and I kept asking him over and over, isn't there something I need to work on and/or change and he kept saying now.

Eyad

• Administrator
We try not to push things too much but Evolvr could work well for you if you're able to record swings.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My current irons are Adam's tight lies and frankly I just love them, but I'm not sure if I should consider changing them or not?

If you love them, stick with them ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Is there anything that anyone sees that really sticks out?  I did notice for example that my shoulder on the take away in the front view was coming across my chin too much and moving my head, and that is something I have been working on (which I didn't do there), but I have been trying to come under my chin more so that my shoulder doesn't drag my chin and my head with it.  I actually hit it much better when I do that correctly.

I know I need to experiment more with ball position, because it might just be an inch too forward with the 7 iron maybe?

Your comments are welcome.  Thanks.

Eyad

I did notice for example that my shoulder on the take away in the front view was coming across my chin too much and moving my head, and that is something I have been working on (which I didn't do there), but I have been trying to come under my chin more so that my shoulder doesn't drag my chin and my head with it.  I actually hit it much better when I do that correctly.

Good video to check out on that

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram