IGNORED

Hitting High on Driver clubface

nick1998bunker
Note: This thread is 3890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok finally figured out how to start a new thread! So im a 14 year old golfer with a 5ish handicap and dropping fast. After starting haneys book on the big miss and decided to change my swing. I was very flat and played a large block but with the driver it was getting extremely flat.

i reworked my swing to get it on plane. Im just about there but with my driver i am hitting super high on the face.Ill post a picture if i can figure it out but if not its on my profile. I tee it down lower than you should out of fear of ruining my driver, i moved it up in my stance to compensate for the push which might have something to do with it. Does anyone have any advice and or drills to help this? Sorry i rushed it didnt plan out what i was gonna say but thanks in advance

also dont just say hit the bottom of the face and i tried that it dosnt work.

also all other clhit to low if i mishit it

just a junior golfer trying to expand my knowledge for my own sake and to help others in the future.

Strange! If you've tried teeing it lower, and moving the ball nearer your left foot, and your still leaving these marks, then maybe your hitting down on the ball like an iron? You can't be teeing it that low with those impact marks?

Gaz Lee

Originally Posted by Hardballs

Strange! If you've tried teeing it lower, and moving the ball nearer your left foot, and your still leaving these marks, then maybe your hitting down on the ball like an iron?

You can't be teeing it that low with those impact marks?

well thats why its confusing, im pretty sure i dont hit down on it because my spin rates are about 1200 rpm which is my goal (also hitting high you get less) and i tee it up less than a quarter inch of the ball above the driver. and if i tee it up level with the sweet spot it goes just a little lower. I also dont take a divot. I do brush the grass which im not too keen to change

On a different thread, you said you carry your driver 260 yards every time and that you have 110-115mph swing speed. And you hit the ball that high on the face?! You're a 5.9 hc, so you obviously have a good swing and some talent to work through issues like this.

My humble thought is that you might be hitting your tee shot at the bottom of the arc, rather than hitting on the upswing which will add loft and distance. If you hit the ball as the driver is heading back up, you might strike it lower on the face.

And if you are already hitting the ball on the upswing, then you must have the ball teed up pretty darned high.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by RandallT

On a different thread, you said you carry your driver 260 yards every time and that you have 110-115mph swing speed. And you hit the ball that high on the face?! You're a 5.9 hc, so you obviously have a good swing and some talent to work through issues like this.

My humble thought is that you might be hitting your tee shot at the bottom of the arc, rather than hitting on the upswing which will add loft and distance. If you hit the ball as the driver is heading back up, you might strike it lower on the face.

And if you are already hitting the ball on the upswing, then you must have the ball teed up pretty darned high.

yes i was thinking and i think you are right. when i was driving my best(260 carry but not as strong) i was using 7 degrees of loft and had plenty of height. now i play 11 and its almost low. I think of i close my shoulders a little which i have been neglecting ill bottom out sooner and strike it well. I did a total rework of my swing and my short game is EXCELLENT now so i think once i can plug some more rouds into my hdcp it should drop to a 2 or 3 or so (havent played a round in a month).

Originally Posted by RandallT

also when i hit the ball that high it goes 260 and sits so thats it. and compared to my other clubs thats nothing. when i get this worked out tomarrow i should be back to my 280 total self in soft conditions so i get less than 5 yards of roll

Note: This thread is 3890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!