IGNORED

TST Promotional T-Shirt Run - Yes or No?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I like logo t-shirts without the phrase, he's why. The logo is (or can be) an identifiable brand, but the pithy catch phrase is not likely going to be part of your brand. And certainly do not make reference to any forum specific behaviors, we enjoy the community here, but forums are not generally thought of as cool and can be daunting for new members. Anything that denotes attitude is not going to attract new members.

As for the type of shirt, you need it to be something that can be worn on the golf course, not our doing chores. This is a community of people that buy golf shirts, so make it a golf shirt (wicking material, polo). The challenge is getting folks to buy them for $80 because it's not cheap to get custom, good polo's.

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

"I'm not wearing this shirt, I'm gaming it."

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

As to a t-shirt, I prefer something super thin and soft in cotton - also prefer the saying to be short and in non-capital letters as in "got game?"

or a breathable, dri-fit workout shirt.

If it's a polo, I prefer only a smallish logo in a circular pattern around the left pec like many shirts - in a breathable polyester. I prefer IJP Designs, and since I find them on their website on sale for $51 and less, there is the potential for getting it done at a decent value.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I am in. But no idea on witty saying right now. After all can't wear a Tee shirt on the course. Since I've been wearing Mvmac's hat, my Putter is allergic to Greens!

As for "Troll's need not apply", That's what I refer to my Ex-wife as.

~Tom B.

I ordered a Chicken and an Egg on the Internet, to find out which came first... I'll keep you posted!

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I'd be in for a TST golf shirt but probably not a t-shirt as my drawers are overflowing with t-shirts that the wife wants me to get rid of. Of course I may change my mind depending on what the final product looks like. I'll keep an eye on the thread though.

Same here. Lots of courses out there require players to wear a shirt with a collar - even some public courses.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

1. Yes

2. Black and white image of just hands and club at P6, underneath - "Lag happens... deliver it ..."

Keep calm and read golf @ thesandtrap.com

My other set of irons are Mizunos

Ball starts with face, curves away from path

Old New True ball flight laws

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

In other words… (and I'm chuckling as I type this):

• We have no consensus on whether we should get t-shirts or polos
  • We have no consensus at all on what the shirt should say

Keep going! We're off to a great start!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I toiled over posting this, I probably should not, but I cannot help my infantile self.

Here is what I want mine to say:

"One should take heed with care and regard for discretion as to the formation and summation of one's opinion on the forum.  Should evidentiary information arise to the contrast of the aforementioned opinion it is advised to acquiesce for the sake of equivocating the wrath of those inflamed with rage over such an imprudent take."

Amen...

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Originally Posted by iacas

We have no consensus on whether we should get t-shirts or polos

We have no consensus at all on what the shirt should say

We want a poll! We want a poll! We want a poll!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

I was just thinking… It's too bad a t-shirt can't have an animated GIF as the graphic.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Dancing Banana shirts?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Dancing Banana shirts?

I was thinking more like

I was thinking more like d2_doh.gif

That could be a limited-run version just for Fourputt. :-p

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• 3 weeks later...

"Golfers do it on grass" <--- see "69" below.

"Fore"

"Fore, I said fore!"  <--- the longer version

"69, here I come" <--- no comment, see "do it on grass" above

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

We have no consensus on whether we should get t-shirts or polos

We have no consensus at all on what the shirt should say

I'm in

I think if there's going to be some witty saying printed, it should be on a T-Shirt and not a polo. I haven't seen many (or any at all) polos that have some sayings on it besides a design or logo on it and just picturing a polo with that type of print on there looks a little tacky.
If it's a polo, I think a simple TST logo on the back, top-center of the shirt should be good.
Simple, half-assed suggestion for the shirt:
19th Hole
:beer:

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

• 1 month later...

I would think something along the lines of...

"I'm in the Trap"

"I'm always in the Trap" or Sand Trap

"I always hit the Trap" or Sand Trap

"There is always a good lie in The Sand Trap"

Ping G30 SF TEC
Ping G25 3w
Ping G Red Dot +1/4" irons - 6,7,8,9,W,U,SW, LW
Ping G30 3H
Ping G25 4H
Ping Scottdale TR B60
Callaway Supersoft

Note: This thread is 3822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!