Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chanceman

Golf around Monterey

4 posts in this topic

Is Spanish Bay Links worth playing in preference to Bayonet and/or Blackhorse. or for that matter how do Poppy hills and any others stack up?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I cant speak on any of the above courses but if you wanna save some $$$ you cannot beat Pacific Grove Golf Links. (Poor Man's Pebble Beach)

I cant speak on any of the above courses but if you wanna save some $$$ you cannot beat Pacific Grove Golf Links. (Poor Man's Pebble Beach)

100% the truth, and if you can just play the Back Nine twice.

I went out there a couple of years ago with a group of buddies, best value we had was Pacific Grove, and the clubhouse food/beverage was pretty good too.....the only place we went out there that wouldn't break the bank to play everyday.

I think Poppy Hills is in the midst of a reconstruction. I've driven past Spanish Bay and it looks like a beautiful course and is certainly in a different class than the Bayonet and Blackhorse courses. Pacific Grove looks cool as well. Of course Spanish Bay is much more expensive than the other 3 at $265.00 with Pacific Grove at $52.00 on the weekend. Another great course, not too far away is Pasatiempo in Santa Cruz. Not cheap at over $200.00 but a pure Alistair MacKenzie masterpiece.