IGNORED

It's Labor Day.....how many rounds so far?

David in FL
Note: This thread is 3820 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a week and a half left of partial morning rounds and then my golf year is shot to hell. Dreaming of the day I can finally become a member at my favorite club here.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hmmm...Almost always play twice a week but 36 holes on Saturday. Some weeks (like last week with 6 rounds) I play more and there may have been a few weeks off and on in January and February when I didn't play at all.

Best guess around 100 rounds.

When I was a club member for 5 years I almost always played 10 to 15 rounds a week unless the weather was awful and it had to be pretty bad for me to not play since I had a cart cover and a heater in my cart.

I have 35 rounds this year. I hope to get in at least 50.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

When I was a club member for 5 years I almost always played 10 to 15 rounds a week unless the weather was awful and it had to be pretty bad for me to not play since I had a cart cover and a heater in my cart.

Holy crap that's a lot of golf. :-)

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

Holy crap that's a lot of golf.

I lived on the course. The only thing that kept me off of the course was work. Fortunately we only worked 3 or 4 days a week and got off work at 1:00 o'clock. My truck always had the urge to turn into the course driveway after work (whether I wanted to play or not).

My wife even took up golf because she said that was the only way she was ever going to see either me or our son.

I lived on the course. The only thing that kept me off of the course was work. Fortunately we only worked 3 or 4 days a week and got off work at 1:00 o'clock. My truck always had the urge to turn into the course driveway after work (whether I wanted to play or not). My wife even took up golf because she said that was the only way she was ever going to see either me or our son.

I need to show this to my wife. I clearly have to play more golf! :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

At a little over 50 right now, but the pace will pick up a bit with a 2 day club championship and 3 day member guest coming up.

I only plan on working 2 more Fridays the rest of the year so Friday + Saturday rounds should be a given.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I'm at about 75 rounds. I don't know the exact number because there are a handful of rounds I played with my wife in 'mixed couples' tourneys that can't be submitted for my handicap. I should easily get 100 rounds in this year. I played every week from Sept 1 - Dec 20 last year.

I live in South Dakota and live on a Palmer course we have great access. We start playing around April 1 through mid Nov. I have 89 rounds so far... I get in my cart and go. So even though we can't play year round we can make up a lot if ground 3 hour rounds on non peak times is average. To my friends in FL AZ Our course was on the Nike tour so it's no dog track!

I have 27 posted rounds which includes at least eight 9 hole rounds that were combined into four 18s.  I post everything but did play 1 scramble that was not posted and, as of Labor Day, 1 match play round that the committee chooses not to post because of gimmes.

This is the 2nd season in row that I have played consistently- the first time I have done that in over 20 years and the dividends are starting to show in my game with good results in Men's league and, as of yesterday, advancing to the semi-finals in the Keystone Match Play tournament.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

After reading some of the responses I'm kinda embarrassed to post my number here. To date this year I've played 235 rounds. As my son tells me " Dad, if you okay so much, why aren't you any better than a 7?" I tell him it's quantity not quality golf I play. I retired when I moved to Huston 4 years ago and play 7-10 per week. Haven't got tired of it yet. My mindset is " if I have a bad round round, no problem as ill be back here tomorrow in less than 24 hours"

After reading some of the responses I'm kinda embarrassed to post my number here. To date this year I've played 235 rounds. As my son tells me " Dad, if you okay so much, why aren't you any better than a 7?" I tell him it's quantity not quality golf I play. I retired when I moved to Huston 4 years ago and play 7-10 per week. Haven't got tired of it yet. My mindset is " if I have a bad round round, no problem as ill be back here tomorrow in less than 24 hours"

Don't be embarrassed. Lots of us wish we were playing that much. :beer:

Really I not but not having to go to work is really great. My day is simple, get up and see my wife off to work then read the paper, do any honeys do's that need to be done. Go to the course at 10:30 and finish by 3:30. Head home to get diner started and have wine out for my honey when she gets home. Go to bed and get up and repeat daily! Doesn't get any better!

• 1 month later...

I live in No. VA and I've posted 139 rounds before I go play today.  I pretty much play a minimum of 5 days a week.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

golf log shows 96 rounds year to date.      Helps that my wife loves golf as much as I do & I work in an office full of golf enablers, plus PA is the home of bottomfeeder cheap golf on golfnow !!

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I'm at 93 through today.....  I have an unofficial goal every year of playing at least 100, so I'm on track.   With that said, I had a personal best in 2012 when I played 205!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 3820 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!