IGNORED

My Swing (FooFader)

FooFader
Note: This thread is 3500 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok I think this is definitely case closed. I shall get some good quality video recorded and sign up tomorrow. I'm actually really excited now. Before signing up though I'm going to state, for my own benefit, two goals: 1. Commit to all swing changes, thoughts and feelings. I can't remember who said it but they said, 'if it feels comfortable you're doing it wrong' 2. Don't expect to have the swing of a tour player after a few months. I haveno idea how quickly I'll progress but don't give up. The biggest breakthroughs happen after the longest plateaus. 3. Also Handicap goal of 14 by the end of the year. So that's that. Signing up tomorrow.

Henry

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ok im signed up with evolvr :dance:

Videos uploaded and now waiting for my first analysis. I cant wait to get going with this. I've got a few ideas on what might be my first changes (thinking key #1) but i wouldnt want to make any bets

Henry

Good luck! I'm in my first month and I've had two analyses done. I like the pace so far, and I can't wait to get outside to video my third submission. My attitude is just like yours, and I'll just take their tips one at a time, focus on them, and see where it leads.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Have fun! I took the winter off, but am signing back up again in April.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Ok im signed up with evolvr

Videos uploaded and now waiting for my first analysis. I cant wait to get going with this. I've got a few ideas on what might be my first changes (thinking key #1) but i wouldnt want to make any bets

Welcome to the club!!  Great Choice my friend.

Ya, some people move faster than others.  Let us put it this way, I am in my 3rd month with evolvr and I am still working on Key# 1

The picture is changing, and my contact is improving but I have a long way to go.. Most important is that I don't feel as if I need to go on to another Key to prove to my self that I am getting better.. it is just that certain motions come easier to some people, and that darn shoulder turn for me just kills it.  Ok, don't want to hijack your thread, but I'm just trying to point out that you have taken a great first step towards improving.

Good luck and can't wait to see the changes!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Just received my first my first analysis. Firstly i have to say that i couldn't be more impressed with the quality of the production and although my lesson took longer than expected to come through my instructor Brain was most apologetic, even though he didn't have to. After all it was only 3 working days, pretty good service by anyone's standards.

My priority piece was to load the arms less in the backswing and unload them more quickly in the downswing. My right arm was folding way beyond 90 o so i need to work on stopping the arms loading past this point, in effect shorten the swing which i already knew was miles too long. To work on this i have been given the pump drill, which i think i've seen people doing on a number of other threads when ingraining backswing changes etc. I'll put 20mins into this daily in front of the mirror and develop some feelings which i shall take to the range on sunday.

And finally i'll just tag onto this post that i played 18 holes this afternoon. Ball striking was pretty good, putting was woeful. Six 3 putts, but on the bright side 3 birdies on a back nine of just +4.

Henry

Just received my first my first analysis. Firstly i have to say that i couldn't be more impressed with the quality of the production and although my lesson took longer than expected to come through my instructor Brain was most apologetic, even though he didn't have to. After all it was only 3 working days, pretty good service by anyone's standards.

My priority piece was to load the arms less in the backswing and unload them more quickly in the downswing. My right arm was folding way beyond 90o so i need to work on stopping the arms loading past this point, in effect shorten the swing which i already knew was miles too long. To work on this i have been given the pump drill, which i think i've seen people doing on a number of other threads when ingraining backswing changes etc. I'll put 20mins into this daily in front of the mirror and develop some feelings which i shall take to the range on sunday.

Very nice!  I worked with Brian pretty much all of last year as well.  He is great.  Don't forget about this when practicing what he gives you:

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Very nice!  I worked with Brian pretty much all of last year as well.  He is great.  Don't forget about this when practicing what he gives you:

Yeah he really sounds like he knows his stuff, well of course he does if he's on evolvr. I also like his voice, American people just always sound so friendly! And i really shall try and keep the five "s"s at the forefront of my mind whilst practicing.  Thinking of making a poster to put above my mirror so i have no excuses! O:)

Henry

Got to the range today for the first time since joining evolvr. Made some good progress on not loading the right arm past 90 o in the backswing. Had 40 balls and took an hour over hitting them (15 used for pitching practice).  I was using a combination of the pump drill, half speed swing and pausing at the top for half a second to really get the feel for the new position at A4. Half way through i videoed face on to see what i was doing and it's looking better. Hopefully with more daily mirror work and range next week i'll be in a position to get another video into evolvr.

Henry

Got to the range today for the first time since joining evolvr. Made some good progress on not loading the right arm past 90o in the backswing. Had 40 balls and took an hour over hitting them (15 used for pitching practice).  I was using a combination of the pump drill, half speed swing and pausing at the top for half a second to really get the feel for the new position at A4. Half way through i videoed face on to see what i was doing and it's looking better. Hopefully with more daily mirror work and range next week i'll be in a position to get another video into evolvr.

Nice!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Good deal Foo, keep up the good work..The drills really do work..

Nice!

Thank you both appreciate the support. :-)

Henry

In front of the mirror today i found two feelings that combined got me hitting the ideal  position at A4. I felt "stretching my right side" and "feeling that i keep both arms as straight as possible". Played a round in the wind and the rain today as well. Due to the conditions being unpleasant i thought i'd try my best to concentrate on my pieces rather than trying to score well. I think i was maybe a little better but changing the picture and 100% speed with a ball in front of myself is frustratingly hard.

Henry

I think i was maybe a little better but changing the picture and 100% speed with a ball in front of myself is frustratingly hard.

It's hard for everyone ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

It's hard for everyone

I know i know, if it was easy we would all be swinging like tour pros wouldn't we. But i shall get there, I'll put a video up showing my slow specific practice without a ball. At the moment watching the video of my practice the swing is pretty much an ideal length and I'm pleased with how the picture is changing but that swing feels like a tiny little chip and the hardest part i think with transferring to full speed is the change in tempo.

I know there will be no right answer but Mike could you share your opinion on what you think to my question. Obviously i have a very ingrained backswing pattern that produces a backswing that is too long, so i have a few options as i see it to adjust my tempo and rhythm: i can have a backswing of the same length of time as before to maintain my timing but take the club back a half speed, i could take the club back at the same speed but shorten the time of my backswing or i could add a bit of a pause at the top? I don't know if you will follow my thoughts here but at the moment the change in swing tempo is the hardest thing for me to overcome and such, would there be anything you'd recommend or do you think i'll just have to figure this out myself?

Henry

and here is a quick video of me doing my drills, ju st so i can see that i can change the picture :-D

Henry

i can have a backswing of the same length of time as before to maintain my timing but take the club back a half speed, i could take the club back at the same speed but shorten the time of my backswing

To shorten it you have to figure out why the swing tends to get long and I think that's happening with Brian on Evolvr. Making sure the right arm doesn't bend past 90 degrees and making a good pivot.

I do agree that the way your mind "sees" the timing of your backswing has to change a little. So my answer would be a little of the first option, slow the pacing a bit on the backswing, not half speed, just a little slower. I think this and the right arm work will shorten the length of the backswing. And even though the "time" it takes to make a backswing might be the same, the length you take the arms back will be shorter. What I just recommended is for full speed swings, obviously not slow drill swings ;-)

Good swing I think for you to watch, notice how the pacing of the backswing, even the start of the downswing, is pretty even.

EDIT: Just saw the swing you posted, better!

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Thanks for spending the time to respond Mike, i appreciate it a lot :-)

Robert Rock's is really very sexy, i'd pay a lot of money for that tempo!

I also found a very good video drill posted somewhere on this forum about a feel to stop my right elbow folding and so far it's definitely the feel thats working the best and most consistently, plus i also feel like i'm picking up a far MPH in club head speed from the better torque in the backswing. Obviously though i've got my monkey brain in gear so am not swinging at full speed for 90% of my practice :smartass:

For reference in case i need reminding of this feel again the video is:

Henry

Note: This thread is 3500 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!