IGNORED

Golf Stereotypes - Which one are you?

RonTheSavage
Note: This thread is 2928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm none of those guys...fun video though.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

the only problem I have is the PGA enforcer part was a bad example - as per the rules bumping the ball off the tee is NOT considered a stroke if no intention was made to hit the ball - heck I saw Adam Scott @ the PGA this year bump his ball off the tee with his driver accidentally.  Probably the first time I ever saw on TV a pro do it, lol.  But point is, NOT a stroke.

Quote:
I three putt for a double bogey, he two putts and walks off with a par??????? :blink:

Give yourself a birdie on the next hole you actually make bogey then.  I did that because my brother in law loves to pad his score.  He once dead hooked a drive left on a hole we were playing... I topped my driver just past the tee box into the ravine (lost ball) lol, I took a 3 wood for another shot, put it in the fairway bunker.  We get to the fairway, he finds his ball he hooked and picks it up, plays his 2nd tee shot which hit the fairway.  I hit out of the bunker to the green and 2-putt.  I called it a 6... he called himself a par.  Next hole he's on the green in two with a LONG putt.  biffs his putt it goes 5ft... re hits it and "2 putts" for par.  I go "You gave yourself a par after that putt?" and he says "I re-hit it..."  LOL.  I've given up as well.  You can't change people like that.  But sometimes the easiest way to call them out for it is to tell them on a hole you clearly saw the whole course playing a par... and wait for them to say "How do you figure you made par from the water, woods, bunker and rough?"

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

the only problem I have is the PGA enforcer part was a bad example - as per the rules bumping the ball off the tee is NOT considered a stroke if no intention was made to hit the ball - heck I saw Adam Scott @ the PGA this year bump his ball off the tee with his driver accidentally.  Probably the first time I ever saw on TV a pro do it, lol.  But point is, NOT a stroke.

Give yourself a birdie on the next hole you actually make bogey then.  I did that because my brother in law loves to pad his score.  He once dead hooked a drive left on a hole we were playing... I topped my driver just past the tee box into the ravine (lost ball) lol, I took a 3 wood for another shot, put it in the fairway bunker.  We get to the fairway, he finds his ball he hooked and picks it up, plays his 2nd tee shot which hit the fairway.  I hit out of the bunker to the green and 2-putt.  I called it a 4 since he gave himself a par...  Next hole he's on the green in two with a LONG putt.  biffs his putt it goes 5ft... re hits it and "2 putts" for par.  I go "You gave yourself a par after that putt?" and he says "I re-hit it... plus you gave yourself a par on the last hole after putting your first tee shot into the ravine"  LOL.  I've given up as well.  You can't change people like that.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

I'm not any of them, but I play with the guy who walks across your line a lot.  ...and I'm often paired with "old dude".

I would be "the guy who forgets to be social because I'm too interested in just playing golf."

Hahahah...that was good. I'm DEFINITELY the "Sand Trapped guy." You'd think with how often I hit the bunkers that I'd actually be a pro at hitting them out by now. I can also be a bit of the "over-estimator guy", but that's only because I really don't want to hit anyone. Every once and awhile I'll just crush a drive and be like..."where the hell did that come from?"

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

If I force fit myself, I'd be the ball hunter.  I often play super twilight after work.   Sometimes, I am the last one in the course to finish and there'd be a lot of lost balls left by everyone who played before me.   I will be looking around for lost ball as I walk along.

The video forgot the following ones:

Impatient waiter - course is completely full with four-somes on Saturday and the guys keep telling others why the front group is so slow.

Slow putter - on a same busy Saturday, he checks out the green from all angles, takes multiple practice swings, and insist on putting one footer.

Happy drinker - one beer per hole

Serious smoker - one cigarette per hole

Bomber - to every which way

Race driver - self explantory

Speed golfer - self explanatory, II

Coach - dishes out unsolicited advice

Instructor - see Coach

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah they should have the unsolicited advice guy.  I got paired with one of those once and it was surprisingly annoying.  It would be one thing if it was a tour player but when it's some random old dude telling you shit you already know...  I know, let's just call it John Madden Guy.

Hahahah...that was good. I'm DEFINITELY the "Sand Trapped guy." You'd think with how often I hit the bunkers that I'd actually be a pro at hitting them out by now. I can also be a bit of the "over-estimator guy", but that's only because I really don't want to hit anyone. Every once and awhile I'll just crush a drive and be like..."where the hell did that come from?"

My thoughts exactly with the sand trapped thing.  Sometimes I will go a full round and not hit the sand once and sometimes I feel like I'm in the sand every other hole.  It seems like there's no middle ground!

If I force fit myself, I'd be the ball hunter.  I often play super twilight after work.   Sometimes, I am the last one in the course to finish and there'd be a lot of lost balls left by everyone who played before me.   I will be looking around for lost ball as I walk along.

The video forgot the following ones:

Impatient waiter - course is completely full with four-somes on Saturday and the guys keep telling others why the front group is so slow.

Slow putter - on a same busy Saturday, he checks out the green from all angles, takes multiple practice swings, and insist on putting one footer.

Happy drinker - one beer per hole

Serious smoker - one cigarette per hole

Bomber - to every which way

Race driver - self explantory

Speed golfer - self explanatory, II

Coach - dishes out unsolicited advice

Instructor - see Coach

Haha.. we should come up with some more of these.

Bedroom Brag Guy - The guy who talks about sex the entire round

Fancy Equipment Guy - dresses like a pro, plays Pro V1's, has new set of $1000 clubs but shoots triple bogeys on the reg

They missed a couple that apply to me from time to time.

Parallel Universe guy.  This is the guy who hits a drive that looks solid on a great trajectory, starting down the left side of the fairway and fading 10 yards.  The entire group is saying "great shot", to which he responds "I didn't hit it."  Conversely, this same fella will hit an 8-foot putt that misses high by a foot and say "I hit it perfectly, that's all I can do.  Just misread it".  This is the same guy who will bury a ball in a bunker on the short side and say "I hit it perfectly, only missed my line by 10 feet."

Didn't see it guy.  You all know this guy.  He cuts the corner over the mounds on a dogleg and misses it just wide.  He gets down there and finds himself in a bunker/hazard that he "didn't see" and "had no idea" existed.  "I got screwed--I never would have taken that line if I'd known that was there."

And this isn't me, but I love him--

Press guy.  This is the guy who loses 12 out of the first 15 holes, then invokes the universal right to "press" double-or-nothing on each of the last three holes.  Then loses all three of the press holes.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

putt that misses high by a foot and say "I hit it perfectly, that's all I can do.  Just misread it".

I call your "parallel universe" guy the "glass is half full guy" - I have a lot of that, but I find that it's just better to keep the lessons learned internal around the more crotchety types.

he just means he hit the shot as he read it - no different than saying "I really thought it would break" when it rolled straight.  Goes for encouraging the other players - miss a putt, sometimes saying "nice line" or "good weight" is a great comment, but for other players they are just upset they missed and don't care to take the part they got correct to heart.

It's best to play that for yourself only, and keep it to yourself - until you know who you are playing with.

as for a great shot and "I didn't hit it" - weird game isn't it?  It feels like crap but flies great sometimes.....Maybe the guy just doesn't realize how soft and clean the sweet spot feels.....I have a really forgiving driver, and shots off the heel fly pretty nice, but feel like crap.  Instead of "I didn't hit it", it's usually, "yeah, thanks, came off the heel and felt like a rock.  Pretty shot though, better lucky than good"

it's a silly game - I just play my game, if I try to accommodate all the bitching and peeves I see on this site, I'd just sullenly trudge about the course, not eat, drink, or converse. ;-) but then that would bother someone too.

Bill - 

I am definitely "rules enforcer" guy. I am amazed at how little some guys who play golf 3-4 times a week know about the rules. My favorite is the drops they try to take after hitting the ball in a hazard, usually far away from where it entered and on the perfect line to the pin.

And I was playing with "untrustworthy scorekeeper" guy yesterday. When I am playing for money, I am always aware of what everybody scored on a hole. This guy tried to declare the wrong score at least 4 times. I came to the conclusion in the end that he really didn't know so now the concern is, how often is he doing this in tournaments? Believe me, it's not like he ever wins anything; he doesn't. But still...

Bill M

I've been golfing more than 50 years, so I guess I'm the Old Guy....

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

The "Oh NO.....YES!" guy, opining about how poorly he hit the putt and then it goes in. We have one guy who does it incessently. I always tell them they should have to take it over, although I must admit I have been guilty on occasion. :8)

Bill M

Didn't see it guy.

I have a different version of the "didn't see it guy." One of my buddies had a really bad tendency to hit the ball square on the club face, but his club face was 45 degrees to the right. We see the ball push so far to the right and start cutting further OB while he's looking straight down towards the fairway saying "I got a good hold of that one but I didn't see it." We tell him where it ended up (usually OB) and he doesn't believe us.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

If money is on the line they left out the best and most controversial golfer known... "Mr. Gamesmanship"

Mr Gamesmanship can be found uttering the following phrases:

"You swing really slow for a big guy"

"You swing really hard for a little guy"

"Do you inhale or exhale at the top of your swing?"

"You really need to smash this drive to have a good look at the pin"

"Watch out for the lake on the right"

Like this guy in the Titleist commercial:

"That's a biiiiiiggggg...... bunker."  Love the delivery.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Oh, I'm definitely Mood Swings Guy.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Note: This thread is 2928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!